PDA

View Full Version : discount tickets?

irishjc820
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Has anyone ever heard of dwtickets? I'm looking for deals on park tickets and was told that AAA is really the only place with a discount, but that website has tickets cheaper than AAA. I'm just wondering if its legitimate to buy from. Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers!:marg:

clou1028
02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi Jess! :)

irishjc820
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi! :lei:

Melanie
02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I've never heard of them. There are cheaper options than AAA.

I can highly recommend The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) for discount WDW tickets. They are an INTERCOT sponsor, and using them helps us keep us up and running! :thumbsup:

tink'72
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
:mickey:I use <snip>. I've used them for the last 5 years and will use thema gain this year.

#1donaldfan
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
You can get park tickets / hoppers from AAA but they ARE NOT discounted......AAA offers a room only discount for Disney.....we use 'em and with our room discount we get the use of the AAA diamond card for %'s off of world of disney store and %'s off of select dinning.....it's worth it on our travels...

by the way WELCOME TO INTERCOT !!

irishjc820
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the help and welcome!

DizneyRox
02-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I've seen all sorts of stories about people buying discounted tickets, some off eBay, and other third party "resellers".

I've also seen long lines outside of Guest Relations and heated arguments between guests and cast members about invalid tickets, etc.

I'm not sure there is a connection, but I tend to buy my tickets directly from Disney. I've heard good things about OTC and would probably buy from them if they honored the DVC discount on APs. Other than that, I wouldn't risk my money on unknown resellers, definitely NOT eBay.

mouse-logic
02-13-2008, 02:05 PM
You can get park tickets / hoppers from AAA but they ARE NOT discounted......AAA offers a room only discount for Disney.....

I almost always get MYW PHs via AAA and there is a discount, but it's not huge (unless you're buying for a big group.

For example here's a comparison of a 7-day base, 7-day Parkhopper, and 7-day PH and No exp.

Base from AAA = 228.34--from WDW = 233.24
PH from AAA = 274.41 -- from WDW = 281.16
PH w/ No exp from AAA = 372.16 --- from WDW = 382.34

So there is a small discount (and yes the above price includes tax). This has actually saved us in the past when we purchased for a large group.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I've always got my tickets online <snip>. ( Sorry Intercot) Their prices include taxes and are the best I have ever found. They are very reliable and send tickets, not vouchers. Have over the last 9 years sent many people there and they have also been very impressed.
Good luck and definitely stay away from Ebay!
:thumbsup:

FirsttimeJan.07
02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I just used my tickets purchased from dwtickets and they worked great. They were the exact same tickets that I got at the Disney gates on my last trip. I had no problems at all and they even gave us a fifth day free!

April

jclightchasr
02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Another vote here for the Official Ticket Center which has a link off of this site. We purchased tics with them at their physical location (which was very nice) on our last trip and saved close to $100 for our family from gate prices. They are discounted and legit.