PDA

View Full Version : Disney Boardwalk Villas Any comments?

daveymacdaddy
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
My Family and I are going to WDW this Summer and we've booked a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk villas. Does anyone have any tips for us about the amenities? It would be greatly appreciated. This is our 1st time as a family to the park. Thanks:mickey:

SignguyTom
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Though this is our home DVC resort, we have never actually stayed there. However, I do know a few things:

It's within walking distance to Epcot and Disney Studios

The Boardwalk offers up midway games & entertainment in the evenings

Several restaurants on site: ESPN Club, Flying Fish, Spoodles, Bakery

Entertainment on-site: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance Hall

I'm sure others will add

VAdizneefan
02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
This isn't our home resort but we LOVE to stay there! You will love the location and the general ambience of the resort and surroundings. The Luna Pool is especially well themed and my DD3 loved the little playground near the pool. Have fun!

Maleficent's Dad
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
First off, Welcome to Intercot! :thumbsup:

BWV - great place.

1. Walk to EPCOT
2. Walk to MGM (if you're in the villas, go out the furthest 'back door' and your walk is not very far)
3. Most head to Luna Park pool (clown roller coaster slide) - check out the quiet pool next door. There's a community hall there with lots of free activities for the family.
4. Dine at the Flying Fish - fabulous
5. After 6 PM, there is free entertainment along the b'walk. You'll have magicians, jugglers, things of that nature - lots of fun, especially if they include you in the show.
6. Surrey bikes are fun along the B'walk
7. You're very close to YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin, as well as EPCOT's WS, so there are numerous dining options
8. Since you're in a 1BR, be sure to either bring or buy groceries; you'll have a full kitchen!
9. In the 1BR, enjoy the HOT TUB!
10. One of the few resorts with tennis on the premises
11. Free laundry in your villa

Hope you have a great time; we love love love the Boardwalk. We'll be down there in late August! :mickey:

daveymacdaddy
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Thank you sooooo much for the tips. we're going in late May! Can't wait to tour the world!!:mickey::mickey::mickey:

WDW24
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm going in August and I think it's a very nice place(I also went in '05).

The rooms are nice and spacious, you can't beat the location and guess what you're on a boardwalk!:D

DizNee143
02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
everyone has pretty much covered everything i was gonna say..it is a great resort!! it it my favorite one!! you will love it!! :mickey:

disney323
02-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Some tips you may have interest in.

Bring some extra laundry supplies (they only give you soap for 1 load of laundry) you can buy more there if you need it.

Stop for some food or snacks if you can or think about having some delivered. It's nice to have the kitchen and fod or drink available (milk, juice, some soda, chips, and some cheese and crackers are a few of the thing we usually pick up.)

enjoy going to the entertainment on the boardwalk,

Going for icecream or gellato over at the YC & BC

Septbride2002
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
The Boardwalk is our home resort and we love it.

There are lots of places to eat but the majority are sit down. The one thing that the BW is missing in my opinion is a good fast food service. There is a pizza window for Spoodles and the bakery serves a limited amount of sandwiches, salads, and fresh fruit. This really only because an obstacle for us during our midday nap for our daughter. We would be hungry and couldn't find anything to where one of us could run and get the food and bring it back.

Also at night there is a "kiosk" that serves burgers, fries, hotdogs - but it is a CASH ONLY kiosk and they do not take the room key. Just FYI as we didn't know this and didn't bring enough cash with us.

~Amanda

DisneyGiant
02-15-2008, 10:33 PM
The Boardwalk is our home resort and we love it.

There are lots of places to eat but the majority are sit down. The one thing that the BW is missing in my opinion is a good fast food service. There is a pizza window for Spoodles and the bakery serves a limited amount of sandwiches, salads, and fresh fruit. This really only because an obstacle for us during our midday nap for our daughter. We would be hungry and couldn't find anything to where one of us could run and get the food and bring it back.

Also at night there is a "kiosk" that serves burgers, fries, hotdogs - but it is a CASH ONLY kiosk and they do not take the room key. Just FYI as we didn't know this and didn't bring enough cash with us.

~Amanda

That is a good point. Also - the General Store is not in the lobby - so it may be a "walk" before you get to it.......

Overall though, its an awesome place. Very quiet during the day - but look out at night!