PDA

View Full Version : Veterinary Pixie Dust appreciated...

MsMin
02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
We have a couple of be events coming up here. My :paw: Chloe:dog: who many have heard me talk about over and over is going to get spayed tomorrow. so if anyone has any spare puppy pixie dust for an event free surgery- it would be greatly appreciated.
Also, many have read (several time too :blush:) that my youngest Rachel graduated in Animal Science and is applying for LSU Vet school. Well Feb. 21st is her BIG day. She has her vet school interview. Rachel has had dreams of going to vet school since she was in Pre-K and has worked hard to fulfill these goals. Some of you met her in October. As many of you know it's very competitive and we are hoping she is one of the students chosen. :pixie: I think she would make a great vet but they tell me I'm a little prejudice.
She will find out --when-- on her birthday-- so I'm hoping it's a great present for her and not a big let down...
Thanks to all who are always so supportive. :paw:

murphy1
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Can't wait to hear about her acceptance!!

My dog Murphy was spayed as a pup, she was running around the next day, I was so surprised!

jwildflower1981
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Here is your :dog::pixie:

As far as your daughter goes Geaux Tigers!!!!!:thumbsup:, she'll do fine:thumbsup:

kakn7294
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
:pixie: and good luck wishes to both Chloe and Rachel! Hopefully Chloe isn't as dramatic as Max and she'll be a perfect little trooper. And I do recall you saying before how much Rachel wants to be a vet and how hard she's worked for it. I'm sure all her hard work and dedication will show and we'll all be hearing of her acceptance soon!

SgtTigger
02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Rachel is a great Person........
She will do great and will make an even better Vet.........

I know that Chloe will do fine..... It is her Owner I am worried about....... :D she will be the one pacing up and down till she gets home.......

:cop: :tigger:

RedSoxFan
02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Wishing Rachel and Chloe all the best.

DizneyRox
02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
My dogs have had many surgeries, many more extensive than getting "fixed", and no problems. I would suggest talking to the vet about many of the comforts they may have available. We have always opted for a hot water bed (I'm sure exactly what it's called for vets though) that is supposed to ease the recovery from the anesthesia, etc. It is a big deal in the recovery, so anthing that can be done to make it easier on the animal I'm all about.

mtown71
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Hope all goes well with your furbaby & hope that Rachel gets into the school!

Disneyatic
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
:pixie: to your puppy for her surgery and a fast recovery
and
:pixie: to your daughter for good luck with school. How awesome for her to be fulfilling a life long dream. That kind of drive and focus will take her very far in life!

MsMin
02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Chloe is out of surgery and I am so glad we decided to do it when we did. As many of you know we had pups last year w/ complications. Well it seems she had retained part of a placenta which was badly necrosed and infected. Our vet says she will be feeling a lot better. She (unlike Max) continues to play and act normal despite feeling poorly.
Thanks for your support.. It really means a lot. :rocks:
Now for the big wait on vet school for my dd...

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Wow, someone was watching out for Chloe for sure - that could have been really bad! I'm glad to hear that she did well.

mrsgaribaldi
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for Rachel. I know she will get picked:thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear that Chloe did well, here's some :pixie::pixie:for her speedy recovery:mickey: