PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever get to ride RnRC?

diznee_buzz
02-12-2008, 10:47 AM
So, I've never ridden Rockin' Roller Coaster. I have been to DW 14 times (my 15th coming up in 2 weeks) and I have never ridden it! I've only been 6 times since it opened, but each time something happened where I couldn't ride it (death in family and had to cut trip short, pregnant, pregnant, only went to MK & AK one year, etc.) We went in 9/2007 and I was so excited then found out a few weeks before we left that it was going to be closed for refurbishment.

We are going in 2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited to ride it. Then guess what....I just found I'm pregnant! Now while this is by far the BEST reason to not be able to ride this ride :thumbsup:, I'm now wondering if I will ever in my life make it onto this. :confused:

My question is - should I absolutely avoid this ride? Some rides warn against riding while pregnant, but are still fine. I don't suffer from fear, anxiety or high blood pressure, so should I still steer clear? I've never been on it, so I can't truly say.

thrillme
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
It takes off pretty fast and has some loops and such, minimal jarring, but still some when you change directions. I guess technically if you're in your early stages PERHAPS you'll be fine but...there's always a risk and it's not really worth it. I'm a major roller coaster lover and I'd have to say nothing is worth the risk when you're pregnant.

But congratulations on the up and coming ride of your life.

Mikey Piano 23
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Congratulations! I wouldn't risk it. The ride is pretty fast especially the take off.

ginger19
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!

Yes, you should absolutely avoid this ride. I was not one of those crazy cautious pregnant women with either baby but I have ridden this ride several times and I would not recommend riding it while pregnant.
It's not going anywhere, you can ride it next time :mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Congratulations to a fellow Atlantan! I agree with everyone and would avoid it if I were you. My wife didn't even ride Pirates when she was pregnant because of the slight drop. And RnRC is waaaaaayyyyy more extreme. Granted it's fairly smooth, but there are many loops, twists, and dips they may not be good for you. Heck I almost lost a burrito the last time I rode...er... at least that's what I told the guy next to me:D He exited the ride rather quickly...:cool:

Goofeygal
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
The ride is way to bumpy and fast. Do not take the chance.

robemcdo
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Advice:

When you decide to celebrate your upcoming trip to disney from now on...limit your celebration to a nice meal or a movie!!.

Ask your doctoc....He'll tell you what to do. I'd likely advise against going on that ride.

Disney Doll
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I have to agree with the other posters and say don't risk it. I did ride while unknowingly pregnant last Feb. (It was too early to tell from a pregnancy test.) In October I delivered a very healthy baby. However, had I known I would have sat it out. Why take chances when there's always next time? Spounds like you have a good excuse to plan another trip! Congrats on the pregnancy!

ncscgirl2005
02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Advice:

When you decide to celebrate your upcoming trip to disney from now on...limit your celebration to a nice meal or a movie!!.

:funny:

I Spounds like you have a good excuse to plan another trip! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Yep, sounds like you have a great reason to plan another trip. Don't chance it.

PinKy
02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Its fun! Its not *THAT* fun. I wouldn't chance it - its really not going anywhere.

If it makes you feel any better I haven't been able to ride it in several years either due to pregancies/babies.

Walt Lucas
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I would wait, you've waited this long, what's one more trip?

#1donaldfan
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I suppose you will have to wait.....or ask your doc and see what he/she says.....it is a great ride, but not so great to risk a possbile injury to you or the baby......check and see if it'll be ok, tell the doc what ride you intend to ride and explain exactly what happens on it.....who knows you may get the green ligt....

diz_girl
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations!

You should definitely avoid the ride if I were you. I rode POTC and Soarin' while 5 mo pregnant and I was fine. Anything more strenuous is considered a thrill ride should be off limits. That also includes Goofy's Barnstormer.

I didn't ride ToT the first two times that I was at WDW after it opened because I was a scaredy cat. I finally worked up the courage to ride it on my Jan/Feb 07 visit, then I got pregnant. My next trip is this December, but I'm hoping to be pregnant again by then. So I probably won't ride it until another trip (maybe in 2010 or 2011). So I know how you feel. I love SM, SplM, BTMRR and TT, among other thrill rides. But, like you, I loved the reason why I had to miss them.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

TheRustyScupper
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
1) Not to worry.
2) I have some VERY GOOD sources at WDW.
3) They have let me in on some very confidential information.
3) On May 17, 2010 they KNOW it won't be down for rehab or mechanicals.
4) And you shouldn't br pregnant.
5) Thus, you will have a chance to ride it again!