PDA

View Full Version : Florida Panthers' Richard Zednick seriously injured!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Richard Zednik of the Florida Panthers was seriously injured in Sunday’s game against the Sabres. He is currently recovering at Buffalo General Hospital after undergoing surgery for a neck laceration.

For those of you who are hockey fans and want to send "get well" wishes:
http://panthers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=353054

joanna71985
02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I saw that, and seriously almost lost my lunch. How terrible for the poor guy, and for his teammate who cut him.

JPL
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Apparently he is doing much better now and glad to hear he is already talking about starting his training to return to the ice :thumbsup:

JerseyMouse
02-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Scary stuff, good to hear that he's doing better. This isn't the first time that happened in the NHL..

Clint Malarchuck (sp?) was a goalie who suffered a similar injury years ago when he had his vein cut by a skate, one of the most horrifying things I ever saw.

Rosanne
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
This was seriously one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

WDWfanatic742
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Last time I checked, he went from stable condition to good condition and he was moved from Intensive Care. Hopefully he will be down here by the weekend.

I'm going to the game on Wednesday night down here for their first game since the incident and it should be interesting to see how the team reacts.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Last time I checked, he went from stable condition to good condition and he was moved from Intensive Care. Hopefully he will be down here by the weekend.

I'm going to the game on Wednesday night down here for their first game since the incident and it should be interesting to see how the team reacts.

Let us know how it goes. I'm glad to hear that he's doing better. It's amazing that he survived that. It was incredibly scarey to see. I can't imagine been there in person.

I wish the team good luck tonight. Vokoun is still my favorite goalie.

Damon18
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
That was a horrible injury. Apparently the vein was not totally cut through or it would have retracted and they would not have been able to get to it in time to save him

Clint Malarchuck (sp?) was a goalie who suffered a similar injury years ago when he had his vein cut by a skate, one of the most horrifying things I ever saw.
The other amazing thing about this one, which was just as horrible, was that he was playing again in one week! He took 300 hundred stitches and almost died and they let him play a week later!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I listened to the update on his condition on the Panthers page and his doctor in Buffalo said that he won't be able to skate for 3 months. They are saying they will discharge him in 48 to 72 hours.

kakn7294
02-16-2008, 01:14 PM
I saw that he was discharged yesterday. Wow, he's really lucky to be alive. Fortunately for him, he had medical care immediately.