PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart rental ?

magicland
02-11-2008, 08:36 PM
How do I rent a golf cart ? Can I do it before we get there, or does it have to be done upon check-in?

Donald's Girl
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I recommend calling and reserving right away. When we stayed at the Cabins a few years ago, a friend told me to not wait and I called about 4months before our trip; CM told me I got one of the last available.
If I remember correctly, I think I had to pay one day's fee in advance to hold it.
Good Luck! I can't imagine staying at FW without one.

ibrowse17
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Agreed. Call the FW bike barn and request a cart for your upcoming trip. When you arrive, just go over and pick it up. A cart is something that we do not always get, but they really do offer a lot of freedom within FW. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

pirate pixie
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
yes !!! call right now and reserve one . we go every year in october but as soon as i make my trip reservations i call the bike barn and rent the cart . I have overheard some really bad screaming fits from guest who have been turned down .

Simbafan73
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
We are going in August for 21 nights.....how much do the carts cost daily/weekly?

faline
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Golf Cart Rental

Electric Car Rental – Windshield Carts: *$43 for 24 hours. Prices do not include tax. Guests must be 18 with a valid driver license to rent and drive. *subject to change.

NJ Camper
02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
There is a weekly rate also along with the daily rate don't know the rate off the top of my head but do know its cheaper then daily rate but would book it as soon as possible have a great trip and a magical vacation :mickey:

dcraze
02-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Golf carts at Fort Wilderness are definitely a must! It is so much easier to get around on the golf carts rather than their buses. However, if you wait to get one when you get there you will have a slim chance on there being one available so you are much better off getting reservation for one long before heading off on the trip of a lifetime!:mickey:

SFTrny
03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
The great thing about Ft. Wilderness Cabins is that you have a kitchen. You can have breakfast in your room and save money. Also, we like to leave the parks around 3pm when they get crowded. We go back to the cabin, relax and have dinner..and head back out to the parks at night. Great way to recharge! Eating dinner in the cabin saves lots of money. If you aren't renting a car, look into some of the limo / car services that will transport you to the parks from the airport with a stop at a grocery store.

DNS
04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
We went in May one year without reservations on a golf cart and could not get one. Since then I always reserve months in advance. After walking around all day in the parks and especially when it's very hot and humid, that golf cart looks very good as we are leaving the bus or boat!

MartyS
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
When you reserve a golf cart, they will give you a confirmation number. Be sure and have that with you when you go to the Bike Barn to pick up the cart. It will make things easier. There will be other guests at the reservations window trying to get a cart, you will be very happy that you have a ressie and a conf # to prove it. Hope y'all have a great time!

NJ Camper
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Unless they have changed all they do is get a credit card number to hold then they charge it when you pick it up and if you change your mind you can put it on a different one also yes you want to bring your confirmation # and diffently book it asap they do sell out they can give you all the details at the bike barn phone number from pickup and drop off times to prices and anything else fishing pole rentals ,bikes ,canoes ,etc. good luck have fun and enjoy the magic of disney :mickey:

sheltie
04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
i just called the other day and reserved a golf cart for my stay june 6 to the 14th. but we are leaving on the 15th. i really did not think that i would need it on my last day there since we fly out at 6 pm that evening.
It is $49 a day and if you book it for more than 7 days than you get a 10% discount. You can pick it up at the bike barn after 1 pm or you can just dial the bike barn number on the house phone and see if they have one ready for you if you want to pick it up before 1. I also do believe that the guy told me that you have to pick it up between 1 and 6 pm. and it has to be returned at i think it was 11 am.
This is about my 5th time staying at fort wilderness and this will be my first time getting a golf cart.. i sure hope that it is worth it.

SFTrny
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
It's like having your own personal attraction ride with no lines! It's a great way to tour Fort Wilderness. Make sure you drive it to the beach for the Fireworks and Light Parade on the lake.