PDA

View Full Version : Wishes!

PixieDust1147
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Where is the best place to watch Wishes? Thanks!:pixie:

NJ Camper
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
First welcome to intercot wishes is at MK so first you will need to get there early because it fills in quick but we like to see it by the castle it gives it a little something extra special and makes a great backdrop in pics have a magical time :mickey:

Quasimodo
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
On the bridge that connects Main Street to the circle in front of the castle. That way you get the full effect of the fireworks over the castle.

TinkiTime1989
02-11-2008, 03:40 PM
First off, :welcome: to Intercot! We usually watch from the MK Rose Garden.

phillydan
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
On the bridge that connects Main Street to the circle in front of the castle. That way you get the full effect of the fireworks over the castle.

I agree - this is the best spot; get there at least 45 minutes early and stake out your spot. The cast members will try to keep the bridge open, so you have to stay to one side, which means the spots fill up quickly.

DO NOT make the rookie mistake I did and sit right in front of the castle - you will miss half the show, since they shoot them off from behind the castle.

Number 2 spot is on the bridge from the castle to Tomorrowland - Tinkerbell will fly right over your head.

Number 3 is behind the castle near Dumbo. It is awesome because the fireworks are shooting off all around you. Use this option only after seeing the show from in front of the castle, since you do not get the full effect of the show from behind.

mouse-logic
02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
...Number 2 spot is on the bridge from the castle to Tomorrowland - Tinkerbell will fly right over your head....

This is one of our favorite spots as well. This is because we don't usually snag a spot an hour in advance (most of the mainstreet spots are taken).

But here's my one piece of invaluable advice: if you are on the Tomorrowland bridge, get on the side closest to the castle, not the far side. Once the show begins, people will continue to walk across the bridge and if you have little ones, or if you had any intention to sit, the foot traffic crossing in front of you is extraordiarily disrupting.

BelleCiavo
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM
We grabbed dinner and a front row table at the Noodle Station.

slegrant
02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree with all the above, and once you have seen Wishes from the Magic Kingdom you should check out two other spots. First and my favorite Fort Wilderness Beach close to the swamp trail, they pipe in the music and you can catch a horse drawn hayride down to the beach to watch the fireworks. Second would be from the Polynesian either on the beach or the grassy hill. Hope this helps!:mickey3:

PixieDust1147
02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all of the ideas! We are actually staying at the Polynesian and were looking forward to watching Wishes from the beach one night -- I heard that they pipe the music in so you are able to see/hear the whole show??? We were also looking to find the 'best' spot to see Wishes in Magic Kingdom! Thanks for the suggestions! :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for all of the ideas! We are actually staying at the Polynesian and were looking forward to watching Wishes from the beach one night -- I heard that they pipe the music in so you are able to see/hear the whole show??? We were also looking to find the 'best' spot to see Wishes in Magic Kingdom! Thanks for the suggestions! :mickey:

Poly does pipe in music...it is a lot of fun to watch from there... much more intimate!

the "best" spot is really up to the viewer. some really enjoy in front of the castle, some on the bridges, some in fantasy land, some on the train station landing area on main street, etc... you get the idea. i think everyone was giving what their personal "best" spots were... because there isn't one particular spot that is the best...

dolphinmickey9170
02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Once you have seen it from Main Street, you should try the observation deck at Contemporary Resort. You must eat at Cali Grill some time during the day or even during the show. But it is spectacular!!

Polynesian Dweller
02-11-2008, 09:23 PM
As the sig line says, we stay at the Poly a lot. We used to watch Wishes in MK but rarely do now. The Poly beach has a much more spectacular view. They shoot the fireworks (at least most of them) from well behind the castle (actually outside of MK itself). They also go very high above the castle. The Poly beach gives a perspective you can't get close up and it is amazing especially with the reflection off the water added in.

In MK itself, there is no one best place. The one's above are all good and we also watch from Tomorrowland near the Speedway. Its less crowded and you can see everything there. But nothing beats the Poly IMHO.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I find the end of Main Street where Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor is to be the best place.

And I've watched it from just about everywhere.

I don't like sitting up by the castle because it's so tall that it blocks a lot of the fireworks, which are shot off from behind the park.

Crow
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
welcome
and esp since you are from Pittsburgh!
when i view Spectromagic & Wishes, i found the bridge by Hall of Presidents is a good spot, even though you dont see all of the fireworks

scoot241
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I like the Hub and the Rose Garden. Both give great views of Wishes.

TFrauts
02-12-2008, 12:58 AM
my mom and I actually got stuck at the very back of the ark once!! We were on a bench outside of Minnies house!! THe fireworks were right above our heads, and there was no one else around!! Eveyone rushed to the front of the park for the parade!! It was pretty neat!!

brad192
02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree with the area around Casey's & the Parlor being one of the best spots, but get there early, as this area fills up early & fast. Oh, and have a tissue ready - you'll need it - especially when that darn kid starts singing....;)

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
My PERSONAL favorite spot is the southeastern side of the hub, by the fence near the popcorn stand. I believe this spot provides one of the best angles for having the fireworks explode right on top of the castle, for lack of a better description. Basically when I watch it from here, it's like I'm seeing the fireworks the way you see them on TV and can never seem to find that same spot in real-life. Definitely worth checking out from here, but of course everyone has their preference and thinks their spot is the best. I'm just biased to mine! ;)

Edit: Side note, this same spot curbside is an EXCELLENT place to watch SpectroMagic from as well, but you've gotta get there about an hour to 45 minutes beforehand.

SAnderson70769
02-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I have seen Wishes from many different vantage points and I have to agree with the above posts about being somewhere in front of the castle especially if anyone in your party is seeing Wishes for the first time. There is just something about the effects on the castle and it being in the foreground of the view of all the fireworks. It's worth waiting for a good spot if it's your first time. Hope that helps!

hoop de do
02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome
to another fellow Pennsylvanian. Everyone above are correct but if I had my pick I'd take in the middle of Main Street by Casey's Corner.
:thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree with the area around Casey's & the Parlor being one of the best spots, but get there early, as this area fills up early & fast. Oh, and have a tissue ready - you'll need it - especially when that darn kid starts singing....;)

I agree!!! It doesn't matter how many times I have seen it... everytime I hear "starlight, staaaar bright, first star I see tonight..." I start crying... darn kid...lol

FenwayGirl
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
We sat on the walkway inbetween MKand Tommorowland just last month. Tinkerbell flew right over our heads. The only down side was that the music was not very loud near us and we had to move closer to the crowd

PinKy
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
My vote is for right at the turn into Tomorrowland there is a lowered patio area in front of the noodle/oriental quick-service stand and because of the limited space, you can stand AWAY from the crowds, but have an awesome view! My other fave view is from the CA Grille at the Contemporary. Try that for dinner sometime if you get a chance!