PDA

View Full Version : Writing to Disney, do you do this?

c&d
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Usually after a trip, I'll send an e-mail to Disney pointing out really good service I've received and naming the people who I received it from.

However, on one trip we had a horrible experience at Concourse Steak House by the CM at our table. I knew her name but when I wrote to Disney I didn't say her name, I just mentioned the restaurant.

My question is, if you receive bad service do you cut the CM some slack or do you name names when you write to Disney? I was really torn when I wrote to Disney about naming her.

Just curious about what others do.

divinedi
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I know, from talking to a CM that I now email back and forth with, plus from talking to CM's and calling them the name on their tag, and they explain that it's not really their name, that the CM's often switch name tags, for whatever reason, they've left theirs at home or whatever, so they just pick one from the back, so PLEASE be careful that you get the right person when complaining, I personally wouldn't want to get someone in trouble when they perhaps weren't even there that day. Just my :twocents:

Ian
02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
I've heard that same thing before and I have to say ... I think it shows a pretty lackadaisical attitude among WDW managers that they let cast go out on stage with bogus name tags on.

I mean isn't that basically inviting them to break rules? If they know that guests can't turn them in under their legitimate name? I mean it's not like they keep a catalog somewhere that says, "Oh, on Tuesday Janie went out in the parks with Susie's name badge on, so if anyone complains about Susie on Tuesday it's really Janie."

I guess they're not all that interested in knowing who's doing a good job and who isn't.

JPL
02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
IMHO if a CM switches name tags knowingly with another CM and one of them gets in trouble under a different name they both deserve to be in trouble.

divinedi
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Of course this goes back to the CM's as well. I personally wouldn't leave my name tag around for someone else to use, mainly for that reason I guess, and partly because if I'm doing a good job I would want them to know who I 'really' was! My Dad tells of a tale of being in the Navy that if you got your locker broken into, the thief was punished, however, if you had given the thief the opportunity to steal, ie no lock etc., then you were also punished. Not sure this was fair, but it certainly made you more aware and responsible for your own things, which should be emphasized in every day life. I worked at a grocery store where we had lockers, I put my name tag (we had to wear them, and our own, and after losing 2-3, you had to start paying for them!)and anything I didn't want to forget the next time I was at work in there, so that when I came in next, there it was!!

And I agree, the WDW managers abviously don't care that much, and I'm sure those that 'borrow' name tags may not be as caring as they might be if they had their own name on.

Hayden's Dad
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I have written in regards to wonderful service along with some bad situations to. The best thing I can say is try to describe the person, time, place, give as much information as possible in case they have switched nametags. For instance we had horrible service with a couple of bus drivers so I made sure to put the time where we were coming from and where we were going to as well as their name. With great service we had at Garden Grille I put our server's name (Patrick if anyone want to know he was fantastic) the time we were there the general area where we were seated etc.. The more information the better.

Tigger&Stitch
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
IMHO if a CM switches name tags knowingly with another CM and one of them gets in trouble under a different name they both deserve to be in trouble.

I agree.

IloveDisney71
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I had never written Disney about good or poor service until after our trip in December. We had such a wonderful CM at LeCellier (Barry) that I just had to write Disney and let them know how FANTASTIC he was. I sent an email and received an email back from Disney that said they were passing on this information to the right dept. I hope he was recognized in some way! I have never had a bad enough experience with a CM that I felt the need to complain, but if that situation ever arises, I won't hesitate to do so.

Tigger&Stitch
02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
BTW- I think it's awesome to send letters to Disney (or anywhere) regarding excellent service. So many people (myself included!!) just write regarding bad stuff. It feels good to help out someone who works hard.

I've even seen Semi-truck drivers go out of their way to help stranded/broken-down motorists, and have called that little "how am I driving?" number on the back to report their good deeds.