PDA

View Full Version : "Double" Beds at Moderates

wendybird
02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
My husband and I want to take our DS to WDW. We have stayed in moderates, but always had King bed. I have heard that the two beds you get at moderates are only doubles and small. My DH is 6"1 and will obvioiusly have one bed to himself. I will be sharing with my (will then be) 5 year old son. My son is a "wild sleeper" and I am concerned about comfort. At home it's no big deal, as we have a CAlKing and he sleeps with me no problem. Are the beds really too small? Is it worth it to go deluxe for the 2 queesn?

Bohms4
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
We stayed at a moderate too. My husband had one bed to himself and I slept with my 4 year old daughter and my son was in a crib. We also have a king at home. Yes, the beds were very small if you're used to a king, but it was fine for us - my daughter isn't that crazy of a sleeper though.

Bohms4
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I forgot to mention that we're staying at a Deluxe for our next trip (the beds are part of the reason). My son is now 4 so he'll be sleeping in the bed with my daughter.

mudpuppysmom
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
If you are used to a large bed at home and have a wild sleeper (I do also) you might want to stay deluxe for the larger bed, but it might be a big jump in $, so that is to be considered also. With deluxe comes more amenities as well as bigger beds, but again, you have to evaluate what you want from your hotel.

buzz2001
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
At CSR you can either rent a cot or bring an aerobed. The beds are full size, pillow top mattresses.

http://i3.tinypic.com/vra5ia.jpg

Pirate Granny
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with the last poster...ASK FOR A COT ... and put the 5yr wild sleeper on that...They will not charge you for the cot and everyone will be happy...I don't know if I would pay an additional $80 for deluxe just to get a queen size bed.

How about requesting a king at the moderates...they do have them, and a cot for the 5 yr old? Would that solve your problem?

:pirate:

rcaide
02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
When my DS was little, we had the same problem. We always opted to stay at POR with the trundle bed. My DS called it the "secret agent bed." I guess because it was hidden away. He loved sleeping down there, and we loved having a bed to ourselves since we are use to the King at home.

Quasimodo
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
How about requesting a king at the moderates...they do have them, and a cot for the 5 yr old? Would that solve your problem?

Won't work. I've run into the same problem as Wendybird. We have an aero bed and wanted to book a king bed at POFQ and let my daughter sleep on her aerobed. Disney will not allow it. They say the max occupancy for king rooms is two people and will not allow a third person that is 3 years old or older stay in the room.

wendybird
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think a cot is a great way to go so we all sleep well. Do I ask for that in advance, or just wait until we check in?

garymacd
02-12-2008, 11:03 AM
When my DS was little, we had the same problem. We always opted to stay at POR with the trundle bed. My DS called it the "secret agent bed." I guess because it was hidden away. He loved sleeping down there, and we loved having a bed to ourselves since we are use to the King at home.

I agree with this. The trundle bed solves a big problem. Our youngest daughter loved it. That and she didn't have to argue with her older sister:

"You're on my side of the bed!"

"Well, you have all the blankets!"

"Here. Take the blankets and get off my side of the bed!"

"I'm not on your side of the bed!"

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm not!"

"Oww. Dad, she kicked me!"

This would go on for hours (well, minutes), every night.

Bunkbeds and Queen beds at WL really solved all the problems, too.

An air mattress also worked for us when the girls became too big for sharing a bed and too big for the trundle beds at the moderates. Just bring your own sheets.

#1donaldfan
02-12-2008, 05:11 PM
POR Riverside with a trundle bed would be my suggestion!!!!!!!!!!! That way all three of you will have a bed.......

BrerGnat
02-14-2008, 01:24 AM
I would second the WL with bunk beds option. It's not that much more than the moderates in price, but will give you a better sleeping arrangement. However if you and your DH can't comfortably sleep in a queen bed, maybe not...

The trundle beds are only an option at POR, in Alligator Bayou, just FYI.

CleveRocks
02-14-2008, 02:07 AM
I would second the WL with bunk beds option. It's not that much more than the moderates in price, but will give you a better sleeping arrangement. However if you and your DH can't comfortably sleep in a queen bed, maybe not...

The trundle beds are only an option at POR, in Alligator Bayou, just FYI.

At least if we're talking rack rate, I strongly disagree that a WL bunk bed room is not much more costly than a Moderate room. In regular season, a Mod room is $165, and a WL bunk bed room is $320. That's just about DOUBLE.

If $$$ is a serious consideration for the OP, then perhaps a room at POR's Alligator Bayou section (with trundle bed) is the best way to go.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
We managed better than I ever thought we would on the double beds! They did seem really small, but DD was so tired that she didn't drive me as crazy as normal (I gave DH a break, and let him have a bed to himself some nights...other night we just cuddled up close).

I think the above posters have it perfect...ask for a room with a trundle bed!

RoosMomKanga
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
:ditto: the POR trundle suggestion! My kids loved this. The full size beds are small and everyone needs a good nights sleep to enjoy the day...why risk a bad nights sleep?