PDA

View Full Version : HS in half Day? We are skippin TofT??

mom2four
02-11-2008, 12:42 PM
On our arrival day we should be to the park by 11:30. If we skip Tower of Terror (no-one wants to do it) and possible Aerosmith Rockin'Roller Coaster (I am guessing they will chicken out).

Can we get HS in one day?

Thanks!

offwego
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
tricky..the problem is the shows

If you want to see the Indiana jones show, the beauty and the beast show, stunt show and the little mermaid and the fantasmic show you may have a problem just because the start and finish times may not line up.

mudpuppysmom
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
We always do MGM on arrival day also, because of the fact that for us it is a half day park. DS is five and since he's a boy he does not want to do VOTLM or B&B show, as well as TOT (he tried it but doesnot like it) and I'm not ready to let him go on RnRC yet, so that pretty much eliminates one quarter of the park (also, he's out of the must see the characters phase and done with Playhouse Disney unfortunately!). For us that leaves the Muppets and the car stunt show for what he likes to do; we have also done Indiana Jones show and now that the back avenue is closed nothing back there either......about the only other thing we might do is GMR which is hit or miss with him (sometimes he wants to go on that sometimes not). Also, we don't usually stay for Fantasmic! either, so we're out and back to the hotel by 7:30-8ish and ready for much needed sleep from our up at 4 am day!

I think that it is a doable half day park for people with smaller kids.

GrmGrninGost
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
If you're planning on doing the shows, it will be tough if not impossible.

TFrauts
02-12-2008, 01:02 AM
I say most likely....we did pretty much everything in half a day!! We loved 50's primetime!! Food is OK, but the experience is priceless...you will love it!

TBY2225
02-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Why would you want to skip RnR? :D In my opinion it is one of the only thing worth doing in DS. I am not a big fan of the studios, but my family and I always seem to get what we want done in half a day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2008, 10:23 AM
We do DHS in a day...we don't do all of the shows, but we have more than enough time to cover everything that we do want to do!

rubato
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
We just got back. I planned the 2nd day of our trip as a full day at HS. Here's what we were able to achieve in a 12 hour period. RnRC-3 times, TofT-2 seperate times because son didn't want to ride it and hubby and I had to split up, Stunt show, Indiana Jones show, Star Tours 2 times, character signing everywhere, Playhouse Disney EMH party, dinner at Sci-Fi, lunch somewhere (nondescript, don't remember), Muppets, tried out for Jedi Training twice and didn't make it so we left. If you use your fast passes wisely, and plan it out ahead of time, I think it can be done. We got there at 9 am and by 6 we were done. But, we had to wait around until 8:30 for our dinner reservations. We ended up going back on our last day because my son really wanted to eat at Pizza Planet :sick: and he wanted to ride RnRC one last time (turned out to be his favorite ride and he'd never been upside down before). Hope some of this helps!