PDA

View Full Version : tours

mousehappy
02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone have a suggestion for a tour for a couple to do without children?

I was looking at the keys to the kingdom but a little afraid of the price!:mickey:

c&d
02-11-2008, 10:01 AM
DH and I did the keys tour a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. When we originally looked at the tour we were a little concerned about how long it was. But, the time went by really quickly and the break for lunch was nice. Columbia House is now one of my favorite places to stop for a bite to eat.

The tour is on expensive side but I highly recommend it.

mousehappy
02-11-2008, 11:01 AM
thanks , Can you tell me about any of the surprizes? and can you take a camera?

Donald's Girl
02-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I agree on Keys tour. My husband and I did it last year and loved it! (We also ate at Columbia Harbour House for first time and now will return every visit!)
Do you have a Disney VISA card? If you do, there is a discount on tours with that. Even if you don't, you can figure in at least $20 of that cost will be what the lunch would cost you.
For the time it took, what we learned and just the overall experience it really is well worth the price.

pamickeys
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
"tour" all the bars in world showcase, it works for us.

Bri
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Keys to the Kingdom is great! No you can't bring a camera, actually I wouldn't even bring a bag that day or get a locker and put the bag in there until the tour is over. I don't want to tell you any of the secrets but I will tell you they give you a lot of history as to how WDW came to be in Florida and the obsticals they have had to overcome, as well as things you wouldn't otherwise notice around the park. It's really very interesting. It's definatly worth the money IMHO.

Mackflava99
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Keys to the kingdom is terrific- it is also a very enlightening tour. its well worth the $$

Also the tour of the land is good- cheap too-

Finally, i really enjoyed the tour af the animal hospital at AK-

jefmblrd
02-11-2008, 03:51 PM
We did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Just getting to go backstage and into the Utilidors was worth the price of admission.

A previous poster mentioned the tour at the land which I believe is called the Behind the Seeds tour which is inexpensive and said to be quite good if you are interested in plants etc. I've never been on it though.

We did the Backstage Magic Tour last year, and it was incredible but pricey and lasts all day.

mousehappy
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow thanks for all the good info.I would really like to do the keys tour but i still need more details.If anyone know any secrets please let me know my dh is not sold on it. He wants to do the steam engine tour . please help me sell him

jefmblrd
02-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about secrets, but here's what we did as best as I can recall:

We walked down Main Street USA and the tour guide pointed out some of the names on the windows and their relevance to WDW. We then went through the castle and she pointed out more stuff. We went on The Jungle Cruise where she took the Mic from the skipper and told us about the history, etc. of the ride. We then went to Swift's Family Treehouse and had lunch at the Columbia Harbour House.

After lunch was the best part as we went backstage and experienced things from that vantage point. We then went into the Utilidors, walked through there for a while. As I said before, just going backstage and into the Utilidors was worth the money.

I'm sure I've left things out as well as many details that I don't remember, but that's basically what we did.

If you want to go on a tour, I would certainly recommend this one.

Crow
02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
"tour" all the bars in world showcase, it works for us.

i do that a lot:marg::beer:
i did the Hidden Treasures of World Showcase, but its not offered anymore.
im debating whether to do Keys, Undiscovered Future World or the 1 that covers all 3, even though thats expensive

dolphinmickey9170
02-12-2008, 05:53 AM
How about the dolphin tour at Epcot? Yes, it's a little pricey, but I bet it would be fun.

We did the KTTK tour as well and it was awesome. I highley recommend it. Very informative. Claudia, our tour guide was THE BEST!!

We have also done the Living with the Land Behind the Seeds tour. It was fun. It is a lot less expensive, but you learn about the plants and how they grow them without soil, we learned about lady bugs, the fish farm and more. Even my teenagers liked it, so what does that tell ya:blush:.

c&d
02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
One of the things we liked was going on the rides with the headsets on. They point out different things that you really don't notice when you're on the ride.

The "behind" part was really neat, we got to see them putting the holiday floats together.

mousehappy
02-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Has anyone done the steam engine tour or thebackstage magic?
What about the backstage safari? Epcot seas aqua tour?

Minnie Imagineer
02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
somewhat of a :spoiler:

I just did the Backstage Magic tour. It was terrific! yes, it lasted 7 hours and it was $200. You get a 20% deduction w/ a disney visa card. Also, the tour includes lunch (now currently at whispering canyon, not mama melrose's). I say it was well worth it...it did not even seem like 7 hrs. I am pretty sure I cannot tell you everything I saw but I'll give you a gist....every thing from costuming (princesses and characters and CM). We went behind the attractions like American Adventure to see how audio animatronics work..I got to touch Mark Twain's face!! lol! We also went inside Tower of Terror to see how it opperates. We visited the utilidors..nothing special there. And we topped it off with watching the MK dreams come true parade.
We went to a lot more places...I could go on and on but I dont want to spoil it. Anyways, loved it!!!

ps. you have to be at least 16 to go...this is probabley because u see..well...lets just say heads! yikes!