PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in Dec

medic9016
02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
We have tried several times a day for the last month to make ressies for Dec 08. All that is available are to Pop-up/Tent site. Can all the full or preffered sites really be full aleady? We have checked dates as far back as Thanksgiving.

faline
02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
They can be. December is a popular time of year to visit. Keep checking. It's likely that some cancellations will occcur along the way.

NJ Camper
02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
we usually go in Dec also it's both mine and DW birthdays so it makes for a great Bday present for us keep trying but have noticed any time of year is getting tougher guess they might have to consider either making FW bigger if possible or think of another campground in disney either way sounds great to me think of the possiblity of more sites or a new themed camp all i can say is WOW !!!! hope this happens

goofysbabe
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Just a note - while I was watching the Samantha Brown Christmas special this year. She visited the campground, she had stated that several people spend their winters there. She visited with a couple different campers and they had all kinds of decorations out at their campsites. They even had their golf carts decked out. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. I think it would be very expensive to camp all winter long at Disney - but who know :confused:

NJ Camper
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I was in boston last summer and was talking to a retired gentle man he told me he sold his house and him and his wife camp year round they work in a camp in boston in summer then do same all winter down in Fla then repeat this the following year thats how they live yeah we all think about our 1-2 week trip and cost but if you where working for disney this would help pay for it and maybe they get a deal for either longer stays or as castmembers sounds good if this true hope to be able to do this some day

goofysbabe
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I was in boston last summer and was talking to a retired gentle man he told me he sold his house and him and his wife camp year round they work in a camp in boston in summer then do same all winter down in Fla then repeat this the following year thats how they live yeah we all think about our 1-2 week trip and cost but if you where working for disney this would help pay for it and maybe they get a deal for either longer stays or as castmembers sounds good if this true hope to be able to do this some day

Like you said I just thought of the cost of a trip. Never even crossed my mind of working at WDW and living out of a camper. I would love to do that too!

NJ Camper
02-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I also have noticed at all camps not just disney that sites are booking up faster then ever i think that there is more people camping then there hasbeen in years it makes for a cheaper stay and allowes people to make more and longer trips if we where doing stays for more money they would have to be shorter or atleast not moved to every other year by going camping we can do it more often and longer trips think about what it cost a night to stay in disney when we stayed in early Nov it was 55$ a night how much for value??how about moderate resorts ???? not to mention the fancier ones most places are atleast double some 3-4 times as much that makes it tough for people on a budget think 10 nights 550$ plus tax of course

DNS
02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I wonder if it's just this time of year. Maybe they need to add more preferred sites. Especially with only one campground on Disney property.

casey@bat
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
We have been twice in Dec. and always call way way ahead of time. Right now we booked a June 2009 trip and they just started booking for those dates last week. So that is about a year and 4 months ahead. I would think the campground would fill up on the first day they start booking for Dec.

NJ Camper
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't think its just dec all year its getting tougher to book a site we havebeen going in the dec-feb area for several years and use to be able to just walk in trailsend or even lots of other places but in the last 2-3 years with out adrs most places even trailsend are almost impossible to get in as I mentioned in a earlier post I have noticed this at other camps outside of disney also i really think there is more campers then there has been in years good luck with your ressies and hope you get your dates just don't forget those adr's have a magical trip :mickey:

laward32
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I was just on there checking Dec 6-13 and it said I could have a full hookup or a preferred hookup. You might want to check again. I guess maybe there have been some cancellations? Hope this helps.:mickey: