PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

linedropper
02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
If your on the dining plan and are spending the day at MK, Make a reservation at The Cafe and slide across on the boat for dinner, Or the Monorail! One meal off your plan and you get treated alot different then other sit downs, Basically you get to see how the other half lives! LOL We loved it!

Steve:mickey:

SBETigg
02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
We love the Grand Floridian Cafe, too. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Steve. It makes for a nice break from the MK and a much better meal than you can find in the park.

Melanie
02-09-2008, 10:41 PM
We ate breakfast here when our boys went on the Pirate cruise, and I wasn't overly impressed. Just not my style, I guess. And the eggs were horrible! Probably just caught them on a bad day.

pox24
02-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Had lunch there two weeks ago. Always one of our favorites. We sneak out of the MK to go for lunch and then Monorail back in. :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Not sure why I didn't enjoy it. Must have been what I ordered. :confused:Now that I remember, its what was suggested to me to order. Oh well.....

rcaide
02-11-2008, 07:53 AM
We had a really bad experience there in Dec. Atmoshere was wonderful and the waiter was great. The food, however, was awful. My husband (who eats anything) couldn't even eat his pork dish. i had the steak and it was burnt (I ordered medium well) and tough and gristly. yuck! This was our worst meal of the trip, although Cap'n Jack's ran a close second. ;) I guess we just hit an off night because some folks seem to really like it. I know it will be a really long time before we give it another chance. (In case you are wondering, we did not complain at the restaurant we just decided it wasn't for us. We couldn't fault the service.)

SBETigg
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I've only done it for lunch and we missed it last trip because it was the temp location for 1900 Park Fare, but the reports of people having bad meals are sad. Lunch has always been great for us there. I hate to think it may have slipped.

But then, almost everyone loves Kona Cafe and I had a terrible meal there. Things happen. I'll go back next time and hope for the best.

SurferStitch
02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
The Grand Flo Cafe is our favorite breakfast spot! The food is the best around, especially with lobster eggs benedict, citrus french toast (not on the menu anymore, but we still get it), and the best bacon at any restaurant we've had breakfast at.

I have to agree with SBETigg....our breakfast at Kona was less than mediocre (in other words....BAD). The eggs were horrible (definitely powdered/instant eggs), the pressed pot was :ack:, and the orange juice tasted like they squeezed an orange segment into a glass of chlorine water. No flavor at all (thankfully our server didn't charge us for the juice).

TheRustyScupper
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
1) One of my best friends is a chef at GFC.
2) We get to it at least once per trip for lunch.

Natazu
02-11-2008, 11:40 PM
We love GFC for lunch and dinner. The Grand Sandwich is awesome to share. They have great crab cakes too.

Jared
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the review. I've never been to the Grand Floridian Cafe, but I've read mostly positive reviews.

dolphinmickey9170
02-12-2008, 06:25 AM
I've been thinking about it too....wondering. Thanks for the info. We have ressies in Aug.

Disneyatic
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
We ate at the GF Cafe for breakfast and dinner when they were hosting the 1900 Park Fare.
The breakfast was great, they had the best biscuits and gravy.
Does anyone know if they serve this normally at the GF Cafe or was it only during the 1900 Park Fare rehab?
Our dinner wasn't very good and our waiter was very pushy and rude.