PDA

View Full Version : Any extras

linedropper
02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Does the DVC plan give you discounts on park tickets? or the DDP? Or is that all buy for the same price?

Steve:mickey:

wendy*darling
02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
There is a discount on the purchase of an Annual Pass.

No other ticket discounts.

No discount on the DDP.
But there are discounts on some tours, dining (limited) and at the World of Disney (I'm pretty sure).
And certain dates for the hard ticketed events (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, etc.) are discounted for DVC members.

Donald A
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
The only thing you get with park tickets is $100 off an annual pass.

You can get discounts on dining at select restaurants.

You can also buy the dining plan at the standard cost when staying at a Disney Resort or Vacation Club Resort on points.

Horizon93
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
The annual pass discount is a great deal. But there are no discounts on park tickets. In the spring all DVC members staying on points in a WDW DVC resort will have free high speed INTERNET.

There are discounts on some restaurants and tours. But if you have an AP, the DDE will get you better discounts on dining. And if you have a Disney Visa, you can get a better discount on tours.

I didn't buy DVC for discounts. I bought it to pre pay, at today's prices, for years of great vacations in above deluxe accommodations. (And all of this at my absolutely favorite vacation destination.)

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
We purchased AP in Nov and got a resort discount for our Feb trip. We got bumped up to a preferred room and still saved $50 for 5 days! The discounted price for a value room started at $49. They offer these discounts around the value season.:cloud9:

linedropper
02-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Is it worth buying an annual pass if i live in pa and plan to come down twice a year!

JMTStone
02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
We did the numbers and figured out between our Nov 2007 and June 2008 trip, the pass saved us money!

Check the numbers vs. the no expiration tickets see if you find the same!

Checkers
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Is it worth buying an annual pass if i live in pa and plan to come down twice a year!

:mickey:Yes, if you are visiting more than 10 days in a year, it usually is worth it to buy an AP. But be forewarned, it also means you are tempted to plan more trips to WDW:D.

Steve, I see you are from Dillsburg. I live just down the road from you (outside of Bowmansdale). Nice to see a neighbor here on Intercot!