PDA

View Full Version : Favourite queue in WDW

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, I thought what the heck, another poll won't hurt :) And after this I will do another before someone beats me to it (again..)

Maybe the name of the poll should actually be "Least annoying queue"

My favorite is definately Space Mountain but I love POTC and The Seas with Nemo too

BigRedDad
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
It has been a while since I have been, but it would depend on when the queues were done. In the 70s, Space Mountain was so innovative it was the best. PotC has gotten better. Some of the others, I am not too familiar with. I went for PotC.

dteed
02-09-2008, 08:09 PM
TT wtih EE a close second

WDWFREAK101
02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
I have to say Space Mountain. I love the effects in the windows along with the path itself! I love how it goes up and down and then to the sides. It is also really dark which adds to the feeling.

dolphinmickey9170
02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
For me - ToT -- I love the movie, so to be able to stand in a place where the actors did, it's awesome!! I would like to live there.

For DH - PoTC

IloveDisney71
02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I love the ToT queue even though I hate the ride! I've even gone through the queue again (after surviving the ride) just to see the queue again - then I took the chicken exit! :)
EE and Space Mt. would be next in the running as my favorites.

Bethis26fan
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
i voted for EE, it was just really neat with lots to look at.

Disneypixie513
02-09-2008, 10:16 PM
My vote goes to POTC with EE being a very close 2nd.

Polynesian Dweller
02-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I chose TOT since it uses everything from the exterior garden, the entrance and library and then the utility area to set the mood perfectly. But this was really a tough choice with POTC and the different rooms in each queue and of course the portions of the EE queue in the building are not to be missed.

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Tower of Terror!!! The attention to detail is amazing! I also loved the movie and to see the "hotel" was wonderful. I wish they would have a special "spend a night in the TOT" promotion. How fun would that be?

splashtest
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I love ToT...it's classic. But what aout The Seas with Nemo. That should definitely be a choice. Thay is by far the best queue. Very inventive....I loved it!!!

DNS
02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I had a hard time deciding between Pirates and EE, but finally went with Pirates.

scoot241
02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
This was a tough one for me... I went with Space Mountain, but had trouble deciding between it, Splash, and PotC.

laughingplace<3
02-10-2008, 01:38 PM
It was a toughie between Splash Mountain and ToT. I had to pick ToT, but with Splash a VERY close second. Splash is so pretty at night when the lanterns in the trees are lit. I think it's REALLY cool how it winds up to the top- the loading area is just amazing. The queue also always keeps me cool on hot days. :) It really sets the story, but ToT wins for setting the story. I am obsessed with that queue.

mtown71
02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I couldn't really decide. I love Expedition Everest! But I also love POTC & TOT.:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
It was between SM, EE or POTC....I went with POTC!

RAIDER
02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I went for the Great Movie Ride ..I always end up saying " i must watch that again when i get back home " as i look at the film clips :secret::thumbsup:

DisneyDD2
02-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I like the attention to detail in EE. Although, I'm always going through with a fastpass. It's a queue I think I could spend a little more time in if I had to. But, I'm still going to try to get a fastpass and rush through the queue.

dumbo ears
02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
i think the best queue is space mountain. the music is the best in wdw. its inside so it makes it not as hot.

Kairi_7378
02-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Love the theming on ToT... especially when the cast members are "into" it. In the other parks, PotC, EE, and TTBAB are very close seconds.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I love ToT...it's classic. But what aout The Seas with Nemo. That should definitely be a choice. Thay is by far the best queue. Very inventive....I loved it!!!

I totally forgot this one! It is indeed amazing
It is just a real bother that a poll can't contain more than 10 choices on Intercot. There used to be much more than that

laward32
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I had to go with TOT, it is just so real. POTC and SM are a close second. I couldn't vote EE, because I have only been through the single rider line. :mickey:

CU Tiger
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
For me, it has to be Splash M. :number1: It is my all time favorite theme ride through and through! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I almost went with ToT, but after a little thinking, I picked Expedition Everest. It is a totally amazing queue! It is so realistic! :mickey:

Crystal Palace
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I love the Space Mountain queue, especially the part after you get off the ride. A close second would be Pirates of the Caribbean.

LudwigVonDrake
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Tower of Terror.

DrWorm2008
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I love the Space Mountain queue, especially the part after you get off the ride. A close second would be Pirates of the Caribbean.
I have to agree on both counts....I LOVE the Space Mountain queue....it just seems so otherworldly and beautiful....and I hope they never change the "surreal" music inside. So haunting....like you really are in space. :thumbsup:And the subtle blue lighting
is so relaxing....even when you get into the "cattle" line, you can still the the asteroids and comets inside the dome, and the glow-in-the-dark space shuttles zipping along the track. Loved it as a kid, still love it as an adult!:cloud9:
POTC is also my close second, the musty smell, the dampness, and the dark tunnels of the POTC queue, and who could not like the skeletons playing chess, or the hidden mickey cannonballs?:mickey:
TOT is also definitely an honorable mention.
What about RNRC? Once you get inside the building, it's pretty cool! Plus, you get to be ROCKED by Aerosmith the whole way! Steve Tyler RULES! :rocker:

lightyearfan
02-12-2008, 01:08 PM
well i choose Pirates, this que really gets you in the mood for the ride

Victor

cinderella crazy
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I love standing in the lobby of ToT and trying to figure out how they made everything look so old and dusty.

I wasn't able to go through the EE queue since I did Fast Pass but I've seen it on tv a couple of times (thanks to Samantha Brown) and can't wait to see it in person!

Mackflava99
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I like it when the Queue is very imaginitive and keeps your mind off the wait-

Everest is my choice- though there are alot others just as good-
TOT is great
POC is totally great
Great movie ride isn't bad either

I also like the one for Soarin- if the screens are working

PinKy
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I love the queue for Space Mountain. It may be just nostalgia, but when I'm waiting in line there - I just feel "transported" to a happier place! :balloon:

MK_Mtns
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
For me - ToT -- I love the movie, so to be able to stand in a place where the actors did, it's awesome!! I would like to live there.

For DH - PoTC

was the movie really filmed there??

anyway, that's what i picked too. they tried hard to make it look antique-ish and it does. and don't forget the old, hotel music either.

Simbafan73
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I find the items to look at in line for EE really pass the time and are quite interesting

azdisneymom
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I voted for EE but honestly it is a toss up between EE and ToT.

KAJUNKING
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
went with tot but ee is a very very close 2nd for me

jclightchasr
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I would have to agree the Nemo que is way cool and as far as voting on the current selections I went with SM with POTC coming in close second.

snerd475
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Maybe the name of the poll should actually be "Least annoying queue"

My favorite is definately Space Mountain but I love POTC and The Seas with Nemo too

I love the SM queue. Really gets me stoked for the ride. PoTC is next, and I love the Nemo queue a lot better than the ride!

Have you done the worst queue yet, D-lD? I'd have to really think hard to beat out Maelstrom for that honor! That cattle line is like a dank, dark warehouse with no air circulation. Never fails to give me claustrophobia!

DisneyFreak23
02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
EE for me!:mickey::thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
02-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I love the Everest queue, but I also really like Kali's queue. Both seem very authentic.

c&d
02-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I voted for EE. I think mostly because it's still new and I haven't been able to really spend time in the queue looking at everything. It seems every time we get inside the line moves really fast and I never get to see everything.

A close second was Space Mtn. I love that queue, the music, the lighting. I remember the first time standing in line and watching the cars go up. It just added to the excitement.

mouse-logic
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Pirates. Love it. I wanted to remodel our house after it with big heavy wooden doors, wrought iron torches, stone & stucco walls, (maybe a dungeon or two)....but my DW said no.

sillyolbear
02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I went with EE which is great, but really like Nemo and Friends at Epcot as well.

Savvy
02-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Hmmm, this was a tough choice, but eventually I went for the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror, with Expedition Everest in a close second. :mickey:

kbean
03-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I have say ToT only because I haven't been on EE yet and I hear that is very detailed. Space Mtn too stuffy for me when there is a wait.

ligirlz
03-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I love TOT's but I didn't see the one for the Seas with Nemo ride. That is one cool queue also.

bruin1344
03-09-2008, 11:13 AM
i chose expedition everest because of themeing, i also like the ones that are indoors during those hot days

jszczur5
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Again, I'm with the majority here - I just love those creepy bellhops.
I really like the artifacts in the EE queue also. It's worth skipping the fastpass line just once to see it all.

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
This is a tough one because there are so many good choices, but I voted for Everest simply because the lengths they went to in order to make it authentic are astounding.

NJ Camper
03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
This was a tough one i voted for EE but you got to love the scenery in splash mtn. also tower also would be a close one ???? how about rockin roller coaster

Von-Drake
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
This was a toughie. I had to go with the ToT because I just love the walk through the lobby. It looks so authentic and awesome. I try to convince my mom to at least do the queue, and take the chicken exit. She said she's been fooled by that before (she does not believe there is a chicken exit right where you get on the elevators). PoTC and HM were tied for second.

alwaysmickey
03-10-2008, 09:04 AM
i have not done everest yet so as of right now, tot, no wait sm, no maybe pirates. yep definately pirates, well.....:confused:

JerseyDad
03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
.....the garden portion of the Tower of Terror had me hooked from the beginning as my favorite queue...and best way that you can "get worked up" for a ride. The attention to detail is phenominal....and this is what sets WDW apart from other theme parks...the queue...is PART of THE ATTRACTION. With the foliage, the canopy of trees....and the background music playing...you ARE walking up to a defunct hotel.

BUT...the BEST thing that I saw while on the Tower of Terror line was.....out of the corner of my eye....there was some movement in the bushes....I thought maybe, my eyes were playing tricks on me...but there was a maintenance worker / gardener.....moving very slowly...working on the landscape...in full...head to toe...camouflage gear..including a face-screen....so he wouldn't be a distraction to the guests. THAT...is REALLY paying attention to detail!!

Duchess99
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I voted for Splash Mountain because it was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the question, but ToT is a close 2nd...I love the details!

King Triton
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I went with Expedition:Everest. It's almost like going thru a museum.

I don't do ToT, but maybe sometime I should go thru the queue and take the chicken exit.

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I love ToT....the CM help to add to things as they keep those straight faces....scary ride, but one that you love to ride on!! :here:

Erin C.
03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow...that was really tough...I chose EE but love them all!!! 70 days until we are there again!! :cloud9:

wilshade
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I voted for the Great Movie Ride. I enjoy the memoribilia and the film at the last stage of the que.

like2workout
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
i also love the tower of terror line. one reason is because the ride is so great, so the anticipation is fun. also, it's just a great background and great story that we're walking through!

poeticeclipse
03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Tower of Terror for sure.

My mom doesn't want to ride ToT the next time she goes (she never has and never will) but I'm trying to convince her to just walk through the queue because it's so awesome.

valjane
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I think EE has quite an interesting queue, but (un)fortunately, I haven't had much opportunity to spend much time in it since we go there first thing in the day.