PDA

View Full Version : DIfference between AKL standard and value?

Madame Leona
02-09-2008, 05:46 PM
I was looking at the point chart on another sight and I was wondering what the difference is between the standard studio and the value studio? We are thinking about renting points and I really want to spend as little money as possible on lodging without making too many sacrifices. Thanks for any help in advance.

aurorafan
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
We're staying in a value for the first time in Dec. From what I understand (I may be wrong), the values are a bit smaller and only sleep 4, whereas the standard has a pullout chair in addition to the sofa and sleeps 5.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Madame Leona
02-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Sorry, one more question. Do they still have the fridge and microwave?
It will be myself, ds (2 1/2) and ds (11 months) so those little extras are what really make the difference.

wendy*darling
02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
From what I understand (I may be wrong), the values are a bit smaller and only sleep 4, whereas the standard has a pullout chair in addition to the sofa and sleeps 5.
That is correct.
As I understand, neither the value nor standard villas have savannah views - gardens, parking lots, etc. But no savannah.
But there are areas on every floor where you can sit and see the animals.

Do they still have the fridge and microwave?
Yes, all studio villas have a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.

aurorafan
02-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I noticed after I answered that you said studio in your op, not sure if what I said applies to a studio (we're staying in a 1 bedroom). But again from what I've read I think a studio has a small kitchenette, so I'm guessing that means at least a small fridge and microwave.

wendy*darling
02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I noticed after I answered that you said studio in your op, not sure if what I said applies to a studio (we're staying in a 1 bedroom). But again from what I've read I think a studio has a small kitchenette, so I'm guessing that means at least a small fridge and microwave.
I did the same thing!! :blush:

The difference in value and standard is the size of the room. Values are 316 sq ft. The standards are a little bigger at 365 sq ft.

The studios all sleep 4. One queen size bed and one pull out sofa.
They ALL have the fridge, microwave and coffeemaker as stated.

Once you get to a one-bedroom you get the full kitchen and some have the pullout chair so they can sleep 5.

DVC Mike
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
As I understand, neither the value nor standard villas have savannah views - gardens, parking lots, etc. But no savannah.

Actually, some of the Value villas do have Savanna views.

The Value booking category has smaller rooms with either a Savanna view or a Standard View. So a Value villa at Jambo House can have a view of the savanna, the pool or the parking lot.

Horizon93
02-09-2008, 10:48 PM
DVC Mike is correct. 40% of the value villas have savanna views, 40% have pool view. Only 2 2 bedroom lockoffs or 20% of the value villas have a parking lot view.

The standard view rooms at Jambo all have a pool view.