PDA

View Full Version : Being "big" at Disneyland

Sonia'sDad
02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Hello all,
We're heading to DL in March, and I have a question about their accommodation of "large" people. I'm 6'4" and about 330; my wife is 6'3" and will be about 6 months pregnant at the time of the trip (so obviously won't be going on many of the rides). We've been to DW several times and never didn't fit on a ride and rarely felt too cramped (Space Mountain is a little tight). Any other big people out there have any thoughts? I saw the thread of iasw being closed for "enbiggening" to support hefty Americans...how about the other rides at DL and CA?

Thanks for your input in advance!

NotaGeek
02-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I have never had a problem on rides at Disneyland or DCA and I am not small. Space Mountain definitely won't be a problem, it's a completely different ride!

Sonia'sDad
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Great, thank you very much for the info Michael. We head out tomorrow! :mickey::party:

*tinker_belle*
03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Recently on one of my trips, there was a really tall man in front of me in line for Space Mountain. He tried to fit into the ride vehicle but the bar couldn't safely go over his lap and he looked all squished so they made him get out and took him to the side to wait for another train (I'm assuming the train they use for handicapped people as he was waiting in this area). I felt so embarrassed for him. The Space vehicles are definitely small though.

Sonia'sDad
03-20-2008, 11:13 AM
tink,
Thanks for the info. I was able to ride Space Mountain without too much trouble, as long as I didn't sit in the front car, front seat. Crossing my ankles helped. My brother in law though was not so lucky. He is about 6' 8" and his legs were too long. He tried to get in and sit down. A CM tried to help him lower the bar but his legs (from hip to knee) were just too long. He said he probably could have done it with a bit more maneuvering. In any case, we went on the ride without him, but the CM did give him a "super FastPass" to get on any ride (so we used it for Indiana Jones).

BTW, the IJ ride was good too, but another one where you might get your knees crushed (though again crossing ankles helped a lot). My BIL also had trouble on California Screamin' at DCA; he got a nasty skin burn on his knee from the seat rubbing against his knee. Awesome ride though, and I fit that one without any troubles (I initially had concern about the shoulder harness).

Overall, we had a great time at DL/DCA. Also a suggestion; mid/early March during the week is a GREAT time to go; we got on most of the rides (with the exception of Nemo) with a very short wait, generally just as long as it took to walk through the queue.:thumbsup: