PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom....tell me about.....

Terra
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
The barber shop and getting my DS haircut there!! It's his first haircut ever!! He's almost 15 months old....What do they do [besides cut hair!:secret: Can I take pictures? Can they handle a squirmy 15 month old??? LOL]
And how do you think the crowds will be THIS coming Sunday at MK? It's before Pres. Weekend, so I'm hoping a bit slower!!

EDITED TO ADD: I read about it but just wanted to know and have any of you Disney fans share a personal experience with this :)

Jeri
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
My son was 15 months old when he got his first hair cut there. They covered him in stickers and they are use to squirmy kids cause they didn't seem to mind.
Yes you can as many pictures as you want. They gave me all of his hair folded neatly in a tissue and sealed with a mickey sticker and they gave him a certificate for his first hair cut, and he got mouse ears that are embroidered with My First Haircut on them. They also put mickey sprinkles in his hair. ( all this is included in the price of the hair cut.)

They did a great job and it was a very special moment for me, I think I teared up a bit after because he looked so grown up.

King Triton
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
While waiting in line at the Harmony Barber Shop in MK, I could see them handle a couple of younger kids that either were afraid or squirmy. They keep them busy with stickers, glitter and I think they have a few stuffed characters they can hold while getting their hair cut. The CM's do a great job! And, like Jeri said, pictures are fine.

I understand the best times to get a hair cut are fairly early in the morning or during the afternoon parade.

Terra
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh thanks so much!! We are getting there Sunday right at 9am when they open!!

I think I'm going to tear up too!! My little boy isn't a baby anymore...and how cool you get ears and stickers and certificate!!!!!!

kakn7294
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Terra, I don't have any personal experience with the Barber Shop but I want to see pictures of David after you've been there! Have a great time - and take lots of tissues!

Terra
02-08-2008, 05:43 PM
No problem!! Thank you and I will!!
I'm so looking forward to this!

MinnieMommie
02-08-2008, 10:18 PM
When we were there in January there was a toddler who was very uncooperative while getting his first haircut. The barer was incredibly adept at distracting the child and in the end completing the haircut with a transformed child. She pulled more tricks out of the bag than imaginable. The barbers are real pros. You and your child will be in good hands. :mickey:

kadesha
02-09-2008, 09:23 AM
We went last May.

I've always heard stories about very long lines there, so right after the opening ceremony we ran to the barber shop. We were the first people there with no wait. Both of my girls got their first haircuts. They did so good. They gave them tons of stickers and they stuck them all over themselves! They also let them choose a color of hair gel and put pixie dust in their hair. They give you first haircut ears, a certificate, and a lock of hair mixed with pixie dust.

We made great keepsakes when we got home. I took pictures with each of them with the barbers. When I got home I cut a picture of each down as small as I could and framed it with the certificate. I also put a lock of hair on the certificate, I saved the rest in the frame behind the picture. They love to take everyone who visits back to their room to see these. :)