PDA

View Full Version : CS or POR?

JustGoofy
02-08-2008, 12:44 PM
We (my wife, myself & son-7) are planning to go to WDW in early December. We have only ever stayed at CB. We would request rooms close to the food court for convenience sake. This trip, I would like to try another resort. Change just for the sake of change.
I am looking for feedback / opinions to help decide between CS & POR. Each seem to have their pluses.
Thanks in advance!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
CS!:number1: It's my favorite! Even if you are on the other side of the resort from the food court it's walkable. Also you can get on most of the buses and take them to the food court. The buses have a very short wait too.

GrmGrninGost
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Both are great, but I prefer the atmosphere of POR! :mickey: I also loved Boatrights! Great food!

DisneyDD2
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
We love CS- the pool, the health spa, the landscaping...

buzz2001
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
They are both nice but I prefer CSR because it has a better pool/slide and the transportation is not shared with another resort.

Kathie_WE
02-10-2008, 09:12 AM
They are both nice.... but CS is our favorite moderate.

Here's our reasons --

Health club/walking paths... I like to zone out for the world with a run and this is a great place for that.

Spa... My DH and I have both surprised each other with massages and they are amazing!!

Pepper Market... the best food court at WDW. Great choices and open late for that midnight food fix.

The Ambiance... Just beautiful!! Landscaping, fountains, pretty colors, lake, sunset/sunsrises.

The Dig Site...Great pool and recreation area!!

The Maya Grill... wonderful breakfast... YUM!

CS would be my choice. However, POR is nice too. Boatwrights is yummy and the boat to DTD is a relaxing bonus.

Enjoy!

Kathie

#1donaldfan
02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
My sister stayed at CS once and did not like the fact that it was so spread out. We visited her there and it was very nice, but sprawling.....We've only ever stayed at POR Riverside and absolutley love it. I would not change for anything, even if we had the money to splurge on the GF or WL.....POR has a great relaxing feel and the food / busses are top notch.....they have 5 quiet pools and one signature pool, with a hot tub and bar. You can catch a boat to DtD for shopping.....there is just so much to see and do, and that's before even getting on a bus to the parks.....

KayDee
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
DW and I love POR! We have stayed there twice and have always been close to the lobby without making any special request for that. If size of the resort is a concern POR is a smaller resort in area then CS. It is also nice to have POFQ so close by to have another pool and eating option.

Also, POR has:

- Boat launch to DTD (awesome at night)
- Horse drawn carriage rides
- Piano Bob (great for both kids and adults)

We know that you will have a wonderful trip no matter where you stay.

JustGoofy
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks to all of you for your replies!
Its time for us to make up our minds and make our reservations! Our self-imposed deadline is the end of this month (Feb). :mickey:

PetefromRI
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I was on a website last night that was strictly about CSR and I fell in love with the place.It would be worth checking out.

buzz2001
02-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I was on a website last night that was strictly about CSR and I fell in love with the place.It would be worth checking out.Thanks! It's set as my homepage under my name.

c&d
02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Both are wonderful resorts, but I lean more toward CSR these days. I happen to like that it's spread out and all the different themes within the resort. I think it's the prettiest resort at night to walk around.