PDA

View Full Version : Quickest Transportation from DHS to MK?

ljv1975
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
We are seeing Fantasmic at 7:00 and want to go to evening EMH at MK. Do you think it would be fastest to take the bus from DHS to MK or go to Epcot and take the monorail from there? Would you take the walkway to Epcot to catch the monorail to avoid the crowds at the bus stops after Fantasmic? Thanks!
(I thought about taking the Friendship, but heard it is usually faster to walk to Epcot as the ship is rather slow.)

Piglet822
02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
It would be much faster to take the bus. The bus will take you to TTC and you'll have to catch either the ferry or monorail.
If you walk to Epcot I'm pretty sure that's going to bring you near International Gateway. From there you have to walk thru Epcot to get to the front of the park where the transportation is. And you'll still have to transfer monorails at the TTC.

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 04:49 PM
The bus will take you to TTC and you'll have to catch either the ferry or monorail.

Personally I would take the bus to the Contemporary and walk over to the MK ortake the bus to the GF and then jump on the monerail over to the MK. The connection at the TTC is going to waste quite a bit of time.

If you walk to Epcot I'm pretty sure that's going to bring you near International Gateway.

The walk to Epcot is a pretty decent one to begin with and then you are in the International Gateway (aka. the back of the park) then you would have to walk all the way to the front of the park to catch any transportation at all.

There is always the taxi option. If you went that route I would also have them drop you at the Contemporary and walk to the MK.

BMan62
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
What about catching the bus from the boardwalk Inn? If you are in World Showcase, it might be a little quicker???

Main Street Jim
02-11-2008, 08:18 AM
What about catching the bus from the boardwalk Inn? If you are in World Showcase, it might be a little quicker???They're coming from Studios, not Epcot.

My suggestion would be the same as KAT's. Take a bus from Studios to Contemp, then just the short walk (less than 5 minutes) to MK.

SAHDad
02-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd think about talking the walkway to Boardwalk, then bussing to MK, rather than going through the TTC.

But a bus to Contemp, then over to MK would work too.

Jillirose
02-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I'd leave a bit before the end, we saw the show last time and were lucky enough to be in the center. We COULD not believe the lines everywhere after the show! :thumbsup: