PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Brianna *UPDATE 7/13*

lovewalt
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,it's been awhile since I've posted but I know how strong the power of Pixie Dust is and I wanted to request some for my dear friend Katrina and her 5 year old daughter,Brianna.
Brianna had a cough that was lingering on and Katrina wasn't too concerned at first.This is the first winter Brianna has been in daycare so she was bound to pick up a few bugs.But the cough kept on and was getting worse.Worried that she might develop bronchitis Katrina took her to the doctor.After a chest x-ray it was discovered that Brianna had a tumor in her chest and she was hospitalized immediately and surgery was performed to remove it and perform a biopsy. Unfortunately,the biopsy results were not good.The tumor was malignant, Brianna has cancer.

She is still in the hospital and is recovering well from the surgery.They are hoping to take her home for the weekend before coming back and starting her chemotherapy on Monday.
Katrina is my oldest and dearest friend.We were room-mates in college and we were pregnant together.My own daughter is just 3 weeks younger than Brianna.They've had play dates since they were infants and they are like family to us.So I'm asking for Pixie Dust,as much as you can send, in hopes that the cancer has been caught early enough for the chemo to do the trick.

2/14/08 UPDATE: I have some more news on Brianna.First of all, I stated in the first post that the tumor was removed.I was mistaken.They only were able to biopsy it due to the size, which has been classified as Stage 3 cancer.
After spending a few days at home,Brianna has returned to the hospital today to start chemotherapy.She will probably spend 3-4 days in the hospital for this.Then the plan is 3 more rounds of chemo every 3-4 weeks to shrink the tumor so another surgery can be performed to remove it.

UPDATE:3/1
Brianna's first round of chemo went pretty well.Her blood counts are up and they are hoping for round 2 to start next.Unfortunately we haven't been able able to visit our Buddy (Buddy is her nickname,by the way) because between DD and I we have had some sort of bug passing back and forth for the last 2 weeks.But Katrina has a Caring Bridge webpage if you'd like to take a look:http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do

UPDATE 5/15
Brianna is scheduled for surgery next Friday May 23rd.After several rounds of chemo the tumor has not shrunk.We were hoping it would because it's a softball sized tumor and attached to her aorta.It will be a tricky surgery but not unheard of. During the surgery there will be at least 3 surgeons in the room - one for each portion of the procedure. A cardiac surgeon for the tricky part of removing the tumor from her aorta, a spinal surgeon for the piece that originated on/by her spine that allowed the rest to stem from, and a cancer surgeon for the primary removal of the tumor itself.
I'm asking you to keep that Pixie Dust coming and to keep Brianna and her family in your thoughts.I will report back after the surgery.
Southern Mainers- there are a couple of benefit events coming up for Brianna PM for details if you are interested

HAPPY UPDATE:5/24
Great News! Brianna's surgery only ended up taking 3 hours,much less time than anticipated.They were able to remove 95%-98% of the tumor.I haven't seen her yet but the report is that she looks great and is resting comfortably in the PICU.
Thanks for all the Pixie Dust.IT"S WORKING!!!!!!

UPDATE:7/13
Well, it looks as though Brianna still has a long road ahead of her. The pathology finally came back on her tumor and the results were not what we had hoped. About 10% of Buddy's tumor is nodular neuroblastoma, which puts her at high risk for recurrence.
She recently finished round 1 of inpatient chemotherapy with a new,stronger drug combo.She was home for a week but then came down with a fever and was readmitted to the hospital with very low white blood counts.She was just released last night to go home again but Katrina had to promise to bring her back if she so much as sneezed!
This would be a great time for another dose of Pixie Dust!

Hayden's Dad
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear about that. Here is some Pixie Dust and Prayers for her and for you.:pixie::pixie:

MsMin
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
So sorry to hear that little Brianna is going through so much. Sending loads of :pixie: and will keep her in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Hoping they caught it early! :pixie:

RenDuran
02-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh....these are the posts I hate to read. I'm definitely keeping Brianna and her family in my thoughts. Sending :pixie: too!

mickey&missy
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

My prayers and positive thoughts got to Brianna and her family!

jwildflower1981
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Poor baby. We will keep Brianna and her family (and yours too) in our thoughts and prayers. Here's an extra stregnth dose of pixi dust for you :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

magicofdisney
02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
My prayers are with you, Brianna and her family.

mmwonka
02-08-2008, 12:33 PM
:grouphug::pixie::pixie::pixie:

laprana
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Lots and lots of :pixie::pixie: and prayers coming your way!!

offwego
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Lots of pixie dust on it's way. That poor family has my best wishes as they cope with this difficult news. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

gauvin4
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh gosh. I hate hearing about kids getting sick. :( I'm sending tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie: to all of you.

RedSoxFan
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brianna and her family.

rcaide
02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Sending prayer and :pixie: . I am a firm believer in miracles and the power of prayer.

Goofeygal
02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
:grouphug::pixie:My prayers and thoughts are with her and her family.

ElenitaB
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Holly, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention so that we can add our prayers and :pixie: for little Brianna. She and our family will be in my prayers. Look for a PM please!

Tinkerfreak
02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please give that little girl a big hug and tell her that we are all praying for her. I'm also saying a prayer for you and your family to get through this. It must really be hard on your daughter and the rest of your family because you are so close to Brianna.

DizNee143
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
pixie dust for Brianna!!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

disneydeb
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Prayers and pixie dust for Brianna:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:: pixie::pixie:

TXTigger
02-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Prayers and :pixie: for Brianna, her family, and you.

DisneyWhirled
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep Brianna and her family as well as yours in my prayers.

Sending lots of pixie dust :pixie::pixie::pixie:

ckaranassos
02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Lots of prayers and :pixie: coming from New Jersey!!

1EeyoreFan
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a quick and full recovery for little Brianna.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I hope they caught it quickly enough and that she has a speedy recovery. Prayers and Pixie dust coming her way!:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Cinderelley
02-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Putting Brianna on our prayer chain. Keep us updated.

BrerGnat
02-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Oh, that is so sad. :( That type of thing is every parent's worst nightmare.

I will be praying for Brianna and her family and sending lots of "get well soon" pixie dust for her. Hopefully, they will be able to beat this.

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

daparish
02-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Keeping this family in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.:angel:

merlinmagic4
02-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Lots and lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: headed her way. Good thing they have friends like you; they'll be needing you!

Beach Club Babe
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Sending loads of Pixie Dust and Prayers for Brianna!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DisneyorBust
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are on the way.

ljv1975
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Stories like this break my heart. Just the other day my Mom told me about her neighbor's son - who is 1 month younger than my DD2 - and he has been diagnosed with leukemia. I hope Brianna makes a fast and full recovery!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

princessgirls
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with this family.

Julie:mickey:

conorsmom2000
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Brianna and her family.....:pixie::pixie::pixie: :(

DisneyDudet
02-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Thoughts, prayers, and :pixie: to Katrina, Brianna, and your family.

Really puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?

I hope that chemo will do the trick, but hope that she is not too ill to see visitors and to have fun while on Chemo.

hoop de do
02-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Pixie Dust and Prayers coming your way. If you can please keep us updated.
:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I can't even imagine how scared your poor friend is right now, Holly. Lots of :pixie: for her family, little Brianna, and all the people that love her and are worried sick right now. I hope her treatment goes well and she can get back the business of being a five year old again real soon.

lovewalt
02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for all the Pixie Dust.I have posted a Brianna update in the original post.

Cinderelley
02-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the update. I've passed it on to our prayer chain.

tinkerbell04
02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
You family and Brianna's family are in my thoughts and prayers. Here is some pixie dust from my family to yours....:pixie:

Dsnygirl
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
:( I am so sorry to hear about what Briana is going through... that is so tough for anyone to go through, esp. a child and her parents. I'll be keeping her and her parents in my prayers, and sending boatloads of :pixie::pixie::pixie: her way!!

mrsgaribaldi
02-15-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm so sorry about Brianna. I know she will do well with the power of the pixie dust and the prayers. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

lovewalt
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks again for all the Pixie Dust for Brianna.I have posted an update in the original post.

poohbearlover15
03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Awww I really do hope she gets better soon! Here is a bunch of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for Brianna

Miss Mouse
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
It truly breaks my heart when an innocent child is forced to deal with something so scary.

Brianna, her family, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope that Brianna is able to simply enjoy being a little girl again very, very soon.

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
More prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way. Thanks for the updates.

Bethis26fan
03-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Praying for her and her family it's such a hard thing to deal with. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

LauraleeH
03-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Aww, that's so sad, I'm praying for her and the family.

Tinksalot
03-02-2008, 06:55 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Lots of prayers too!

tinkerbell04
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the update, still have your families in my prayers and here is some :pixie:

lovewalt
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I have added an update to the original post.Please keep that Pixie Dust coming.

DisneyWhirled
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
UPDATE 5/15
Brianna is scheduled for surgery next Friday May 23rd.After several rounds of chemo the tumor has not shrunk.We were hoping it would because it's a softball sized tumor and attached to her aorta.It will be a tricky surgery but not unheard of. During the surgery there will be at least 3 surgeons in the room - one for each portion of the procedure. A cardiac surgeon for the tricky part of removing the tumor from her aorta, a spinal surgeon for the piece that originated on/by her spine that allowed the rest to stem from, and a cancer surgeon for the primary removal of the tumor itself.
I'm asking you to keep that Pixie Dust coming and to keep Brianna and her family in your thoughts.I will report back after the surgery.
Southern Mainers- there are a couple of benefit events coming up for Brianna PM for details if you are interested

Prayers and pixie dust continue for little Brianna. Poor peanut, having to go through so much! God Bless her and her family and friends during this difficult time.

Please PM about the benefit events.

Take care, and please let the family she has a great big family here on Intercot praying for her!!!!!!

Kairi_7378
05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
We will continue to pray for Brianna. How are her spirits holding up?

MsMin
05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Continued prayers and extra strong :pixie: for Brianna and her family.:( Thanks for the update.

KineGirl
05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Of course my thoughts, well wishes, good vibes and pixie dust are with Brianna, her family, her doctors and her surgeons.

:magic::pixie::fingers::hug:

I will add this to my meditation for everyone involved but especially Brianna. Please keep us updated. Its so heartbreaking to hear any innocent child is so sick.

wdwgrl377
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
:pixie: for Brianna. She is definitely in my prayers and thoughts. I have added her to my prayer list and will continue to lift her up to the Lord. :angel:

Stitchahula
05-15-2008, 01:55 PM
tons of prayers and pixie dust for brianna and her family. There is nothing scarier in the world than being told your child is sick.

katzctkpt
05-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way.

TinkerbellT421
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
We are so sorry to hear about this. How horrible. She is in our thoughts and prayers. Sending pixie dust your way...:grouphug::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Gooftroop5
05-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Tons of pixie dust, :pixie:, positive thoughts & prayers for her & her family. I really hope things go well. This is just agony to hear a child having to go through this.

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for Brianna and her family.

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Poor little one, to have gone through so much already. My prayers will be with her and her family, for a successful surgery and healing of heart and body. Keep us updated on how she's doing. :pixie:

lovewalt
05-24-2008, 07:38 AM
There is a great update in the original post.:party:

tinkerbell04
05-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I am glad to hear about the great news. Keep us posted on how her recovery goes.

lovewalt
07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks to all who have sent Pixie Dust.If you have more to spare Brianna could use another dose.
I have added another update in the original post.

MsMin
07-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Sending more :pixie: and prayers. Thanks for the update. I wish the news was better... :pixie:

crazypoohbear
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the update.
We will all continue to pray for her.
I know it sounds like bad news but 10% chance of recurrence is better than 50% or more. So we should (I can only say this because I am so distant from the situation, I know when you are close it is much harder) focus on the positive.

ElenitaB
07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
More :pixie: on the way. I've been thinking about Brianna lately and wondering how she's been doing.

Ain't no fun being in the hospital (particularly with neutropenia), so I made sure that the :pixie: was properly sterilized.

Big :hug: to Brianna, you and Brianna's family!

wdwgrl377
07-13-2008, 05:35 PM
More :pixie: heading her way. Brianna has been in my thoughts too lately. Thanks for the update...She and her entire family are all still in my prayers.