PDA

View Full Version : In need of some extra strength pixie dust

BrerGnat
02-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Well, the day has come. This morning, I had to say "goodbye" to my DH, who is headed to Iraq for 13 months.

He will be able to visit us for 2 weeks in August for R&R, but then has to go back until Feb 09.

This is going to be very hard on me, as I have two little ones (3.5 and 22 months). My oldest son has autism, and doesn't quite understand the situation, but both my boys are VERY close to daddy, and I know they will miss him once he does not return home for a few weeks (we're used to him being gone for weeks at a time).

I just wanted to ask for some pixie dust for the three of us here at home and some prayers for my DH as he heads into Iraq in the next couple of days. I appreciate the support that everyone here at Intercot provides.

DisFan01
02-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Sending some great prayers and pixie dust to you and your children!

:pixie:

:thumbsup:

Jessie
02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Your family is in my prayers :pixie:

disneydeb
02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
:hug: &:pixie:

Do you have family close by for support? I hope so. You can always get on Intercot for support!

Take care and God bless.

tinkerbell04
02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
:pixie: for you family and prayers as well. I hope that God keeps you close and your husband safe.

magicofdisney
02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
My prayers are with your family. My SIL went through similar circumstances, twice, a few years ago. Her boys are less than two yrs apart. The first time my BIL left, the baby was just a few weeks old. The second time the baby was almost 2. They used to tell the boys that Daddy went camping. That was easier for them to understand. :hug:

ElenitaB
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Natalie, here's a ton of :pixie: for all of you!

And you will all be in my prayers until your DH is safely home again. :hug:

pjbs35a
02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Prayers to you and yours. Thank DH for protecting our freedom. :notworth: :flag:

Melanie
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I have to say that these 13 month deployments really stink. James has a friend who just left SoCal on a long tour as well. That is very rough on a family!

:pixie: for a smooth, swift, safe deployment. :flag:

RedSoxFan
02-07-2008, 08:45 PM
:pixie::pixie:for you and your family. God Bless.

Flower
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
:crying:Oh Nat, I can't even begin to imagine, I know my 4-yr old would be devastated too. My thoughts are with you and your family.

kakn7294
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Natalie - I'm sorry to hear that he had to go. I remember the vacuum cleaner thread and was hoping that other assignment would come through for him instead. Here's lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers for a safe 13 months for him and strength for you and your boys.

RedheadWriter
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
:pixie: and prayers. You, your husband and sons are in my thoughts!!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Natalie, prayers and pixie dust. I hope your husband (and everyone else over there) stays safe. Tell him and all the troops thanks from us.

Jeff G
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM
More :pixie: coming your way. Thank you to you, your husband and the family for making this sacrafice, it's people like you that make this country great.:flag:.

God Bless.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

BrerGnat
02-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks everyone! I want you all to know how much it helps to know that there are so many great people like you out there thinking of us.

I have family in So. Cal, but the closest is about 45 min away, so it's not like I have anyone down the street or anything.

On a positive note, I get to spend the next year planning our family's first trip to WDW, so that should at least help take the edge off...nothing better than having a trip to look forward to at the end of what is going to probably be the hardest year of our lives.

Thanks to all again! I will let DH know how much support he has in you guys.

Beast_fanatic
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Tons of :pixie: headed to your DH and to you and your DS's!

BrerGnat
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I have to say that these 13 month deployments really stink. James has a friend who just left SoCal on a long tour as well. That is very rough on a family!

:pixie: for a smooth, swift, safe deployment. :flag:

Thanks Mel! I wonder if James's buddy is part of the same unit...the advance party left a couple weeks ago.

MsMin
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
My ex boss went for a year (not sure exactly how many months or how they count b/c he had to come home in the middle and then back) I know how hard it was on him, he is a Chaplin and now retired after 20+ years of service. My dd has had friends and classmates go (not as long) for Louisiana sends a lot of men.
I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers and super special :pixie: to keep him safe. You know you have the support of all of us here :hug: I agree that keeping things simple for your son is probably best. Remember too that children often handle things as well or better than there parents (the more stress and worry they perceive from you the more stress and worry they will feel). Maybe we can do something here to help pass your time. Keep us posted... :pixie: :flag:

Melanie
02-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks Mel! I wonder if James's buddy is part of the same unit...the advance party left a couple weeks ago.

Could be. I'm not exactly sure who he's with, but I'll ask James next time I talk to him.

Sort of off topic, but have you seen the new Marine Corps commercial with the drill team at all the landmarks? Ohhh, I get teary every time I see it. :cry:

Kairi_7378
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Sending some prayers and pixie dust to you, your DH, and your sons. I hope that everything goes as best as it can for you all.

JanetMegan
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey Nat, hang in there girlie, I will be thinking about you and praying for your family. Thank you to you, your husband, and your family for their sacrifice in this important task.

Tygger7
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
More :pixie: coming your way. Thank you to you, your husband and the family for making this sacrafice, it's people like you that make this country great.:flag:.

God Bless.

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

I couldn't have said it any better...thank you so much, and please thank your huband and the rest of the troops on our behalf for serving our country. Your family will be in our prayers.

buzznwoodysmom
02-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Natalie,

I am so sorry to hear that your DH is going to Iraq. I hope the time goes by fast for you and the boys and also for your DH. Tons of prayers and :pixie: for a safe trip there, his safty while there and for time to fly for you and the boys.

My boys were also young when DH went, they had just turned 5 and 3 and it was very hard on them. My best advice is to keep them busy, busy, busy. While DH was gone we did lots of stuff to keep busy. We visited the zoo often, the children's museum, anything to keep them pccupied and wore us out so we slept good at night. If you ever need someone to talk to don't hesitate to PM or email me. Good luck to you and your family.

bucky at disney
02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
:pixie::pixie: and prayers to all of you.

Words cannot explain how deeply appreciative I am for DH and the rest of your family and the sacrifices you make for our country.

laprana
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: to you, your DH, and your boys, and sincere thanks to all of you for his service and your sacrifices!!

murphy1
02-08-2008, 11:01 AM
God bless your family! My dad was in Vietnam for the first few years of my life and wasn't there when my sister was born. Believe me, I can't be more proud of him for his service. My mom and I lived in Germany and then came back when my sister was born to be near her family. I ended up marrying dh who was in the Navy, I guess it never leaves your blood!

Scar
02-08-2008, 11:23 AM
God bless you and your family, Natalie.

Please let your husband know that the overwheming majority of Americans honor and thank him for serving. :flag:

BelleCiavo
02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
May God protect your husband and may His grace and peace be with you all.

wdwfansince75
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Be assured, we are praying every day for those who serve, as others prayed for me.

I deployed to Vietnam the day after our oldest took his first steps. Got home often enough to have two more. Returned from my last deployment when our youngest daughter turned 3, and our oldest was playing little league. Flew my first combat mission April 26, 1966, and my 400th April 26th, 1973.

Today, our children barely remember those days. They do remember the wonderful times when we were all together. They knew they were loved. They are grown, well adjusted, and have wonderful families of their own.....The credit goes to DW, who was the glue that held it all together while I was gone, and to those, known and unknown, who prayed for us.

They do serve who only stand and wait. Let your kids know you love them, and be assured, you and your husband are in our prayers.

Plan for the day you all walk into Shades of Green together. And consult with Melanears. She seems to know more about the place than I do, and that takes dedication!

offwego
02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Natalie, you and your family will be often in my thoughts as you go through this stressful time.

I hope the support you can find here will help you in some small way.

Don't ever hesitate to reach out and let us know you need some postive feedback.

BrerGnat
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Sort of off topic, but have you seen the new Marine Corps commercial with the drill team at all the landmarks? Ohhh, I get teary every time I see it. :cry:

YES! My DH LOVES that commercial. He wants a still shot of the part with the marines at the Golden Gate Bridge (he grew up in the Bay Area...). I admit, it made me teary eyed too. I think it's the best USMC commercial so far.

princessgirls
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh Natalie,

Be strong, hang in there.

It's going to be a long couple of months.

I'll keep you and your family in prayer.

Julie:mickey:

TXTigger
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Please know that we are thinking of you, and your family. I know it seems like an eternity right now, but as long as you just take one day at a time, it will be over very soon.

My DH left for training and then for Iraq last Mother's Day (what a gift, huh:() and will be home some time during the first of June. I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! This will end! (I sometimes have to remind myself of this. :blush:)

My boys were 4 and 2 when DH left and while there was about a 3 month adjustment period, once we made it through that, we all just kinda got used to it.

My DH is in the Navy and doesn't have a unit with him, so I don't have any military support. If you have a support system, they can be a great help, well sometimes. hahaha Please feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.