PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need Cake Cutting Song

brewcrew26
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone....

So, I'm at 8 days till the big wedding! And, we can't decide on a cake cutting song. We've got everything else all set.

I thought it would be cute to do "C Is For Cookie" with Cookie Monster but dear fiance thinks it's hokey (even though he was the one who originally joked about it).

Anyone have any other ideas that are kinda quirky or cutesy? Maybe even Disney-themed since we're having a Disney-theme wedding???

Dakota Rose
02-07-2008, 08:15 PM
The first two songs that popped into my head were "Bibbidi Bobbidy Boo" or "Be Our Guest"

PirateLover
02-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I want to use "When I'm 64" by the Beatles for our wedding. :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
02-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Hmm, I've never heard of using a song for the cake cutting, but I do like the idea of "Be Our Guest" or "Once Upon A Dream".

NJBelle
02-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Or 'So This Is Love"

May524
02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
"How Sweet it is" is a great choice!

princessjojo
02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Hmm, I've never heard of using a song for the cake cutting, but I do like the idea of "Be Our Guest" or "Once Upon A Dream".
I haven't heard of this either. What about "Time of My Life" from the movie Dirty Dancing?

MickeysGirl
02-08-2008, 12:44 PM
We used "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra. It set a fun, and funny, tone as the DJ got to joke whether we'd be naughty or nice. (we were nice! I warned Nigel well ahead of time! :silly: )

brewcrew26
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I like "Be Our Guest". That's a cute idea. I was also listening to Harry Connick Jr's "Recipe for Making Love."

The wheels are turning now...

BrerGnat
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
We got married at WDW. Our wedding was NOT Disney "themed", but we let the DJ pick the songs for stuff like our entrance to the reception (he chose MSEP music!) and the cake cutting.

For the cake cutting, he chose 'You've Got a Friend in Me' from Toy Story. It was really cute, and a perfect choice, because it's light hearted enough for the cake cutting, but also very true for newlyweds.

Kairi_7378
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
We used "When I'm 64" at our wedding as our guests were being seated. It really got everyone smiling before the processional. We didn't have a cake cutting song, but my friends had "How Sweet it is" for their wedding. I also like the instrumental versions of "Once Upon a Dream," and "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes."

DisneyCouture
02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Sugar Sugar by the Archies, or Young at Heart by Frank Sinatra

Advnt05
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
"McArthur Park" would be a good choice depending on the weather.

crazypoohbear
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
IF you are going to do the shove the cake in the face thing (which I hate!)
You could have the DJ play "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat benatar.
or
Sugar Sugar the archies

mickeys_princess_mom
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
i like the "Be Our Guest" idea, too. How about "Wishes"......?

crazypoohbear
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I forgot to mention that at my wedding the band played "the bride cuts the cake, the groom cuts the cake" to the tune of the farmer in the dell.

Cinderelley
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
i like the "Be Our Guest" idea, too. How about "Wishes"......?

I was just logging on to mention "Wishes" too.

"and all your wishes
will come true"

Stitchahula
02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
We used the beatles when I'm 64. It was really cute besides who doesn't like the beatles.

tinkerbell04
02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
We used the bride cuts the cake.....etc too. :mickey: BUT, my sister just got married and they played pour some sugar on me, and everyone seemed to like that. It isn't something I had ever heard played for the cake cutting before. Another BUT...we are 80's rock junkies too :blush: so maybe that is why I liked it....just took me back to my teenage years.

conorsmom2000
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I want to use "When I'm 64" by the Beatles for our wedding. :thumbsup:

We used "When I'm 64" based on a friend's recommendation and it was just perfect!! :thumbsup: Since then, other friends and my sister have used it! :mickey:

Dakota Rose
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
We used the beatles when I'm 64. It was really cute besides who doesn't like the beatles.

I don't like the beatles. :P I don't even know the song being discussed. :secret:

Beast_fanatic
02-08-2008, 11:25 PM
How about Hakuna Matata or The Bare Necessities?

Or, So This Is Love from Cinderella?

Bella Notte from Lady & the Tramp?

Or, a Spoonful of Sugar!

Cinderelley
02-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't like the beatles. :P I don't even know the song being discussed. :secret:

Me too.

brewcrew26
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
"McArthur Park" would be a good choice depending on the weather.

After a week that has included 20 inches of snow, wind chills at 50-below, I'm praying it's just sunny and in the 30s.

Dakota Rose
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Me too.

:high5:

I love the idea of Spoonful of Sugar! That's too cute!

thrillme
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
They play songs when cutting the cake???:confused:

New one on me. I couldn't really think much along the lines of something from Disney that hasn't already been said but the one that comes to my mind is...

"Another one bites the dust...."

K

Cinderelley
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
"Another one bites the dust...."

:funny:

I told my kids to play that song at my funeral. ;)

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I like "Be Our Guest"...imagine that. Have you chosen your first song? or father/daughter song? Just curious to what you've picked. My father chose "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".

DisneyDudet
02-11-2008, 02:59 AM
My friend's recessional music was All You Need Is Love.. and everyone ended up singing it!!

Are you wanting funny and light hearted, or are you wanting romantic and sweet???

brewcrew26
02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I like "Be Our Guest"...imagine that. Have you chosen your first song? or father/daughter song? Just curious to what you've picked. My father chose "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".

Our first song is Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. My father/daughter dance is Our Love is Here to Stay by Nat King Cole. The mother/son dance (there's two -- my fiance's stepmom and his godmother) - one gets Rascal Flatts My Wish, the other gets Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. The bouquet toss is Martina McBride's This One's for the Girls.

Our recessional music is James Taylor's How Sweet It Is. I think we've decided on doing Adam Sandler's Wanna Grow Old With You for the cake cutting -- it's short and totally describes us (it takes being up at 3 a.m. making favors and watching cable to come up with songs, I guess) The wedding party is entering to Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy. And I'll be entering to Georges Bizet's L'Arlesienne Suite #2 Minuet (I played oboe growing up and love that one! Plus, I absolutely despise Canon in D)

We've also got the Milwaukee-traditional Chicken Dance, The Cha-Cha Slide, and the Electric Slide. So, I think we have all of our dance bases covered.

During the dinner hour we're playing the Disney Fairytale Wedding CD -- its a bunch of instrumental Disney tunes. So cute! The cocktail hour is traditional faves by Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Michael Buble, and Norah Jones.

I'm so excited...only three more days!!!

Jeff G
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
No song help here, just wishing you the best on your big day fellow Wisconsinite. Have a great time and enjoy every minute of it.

By the way, you mentioned Wisconsin traditions and I didn't see Polka listed. How can you have a wedding in Wisconsin and not have a polka;)?

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
I like the Adam Sandler song. That is a great choice! Congratulations on your big day! Make sure you get the bride and groom mouse ears. We did and it was so much fun....lots of special treatment.

Dakota Rose
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
The wedding party is entering to Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy. And I'll be entering to Georges Bizet's L'Arlesienne Suite #2 Minuet (I played oboe growing up and love that one! Plus, I absolutely despise Canon in D)

:high5:

Kudos on choosing something other than Canon D or Here Comes the Bride for your entrance. My mom insisted I walk down the aisle to HCTB and I refused. All I could hear was the childhood version of "here comes the bride, big fat and wide". So, I didn't tell her that I'd chosen something totally different that the organist suggested. It was grand and regal, fitting for my Cinderella wedding! :)

So, way to go!:thumbsup:

Have a happy wedding!