PDA

View Full Version : Discount on Vacation Confusion?

magicjasb
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
After reading different posts, I signed up for the DVD hoping to get a vacation discount. Imagine my excitement, when I got an email saying %20 off various dates throughout the year. It also said that because we were coming in June, we could get $109 a night at a value for the dates 5/23-8/2 (minus 7/4). Since we are a party of six, we don't fit in one value. I called to see if this discount could be applied to our POR reservation. I was told that this discount did not exist. I read the email to the person and was told it was incorrect. I decided to thank them and call back again later. I tried this a handful of times and was told it did not exist. I figured I had looked at it wrong. Today, I came home and had another email, with the same information stating the discount in June. I called again, and again was told that the email was incorrect. Anyone else have this problem?:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
The only thing I can think of is that the email ONLY applies to the value resorts. Is there a code on the email? If so, try calling back and telling the agent "I want to book a vacation using the following code..."

Also, the rack rate for the values in June is $109. That email was basically reaffirming the rack rate. You could potentially find a lower rate for the month of June if a general discount code comes out.

Also, a party of six cannot fit in POR in one room either. The rooms fit 5, maximum (and this is only in certain rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort). Two rooms in a value with the discount code would be cheaper than two rooms at POR.

disneymom15
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I got the same e-mail. There is a code # to use. I haven't called yet to book my stay. I'll update if I have a problem.

magicjasb
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I did give the agent the number and was told the dates were blacked out. If $109 is the rack rate, then maybe that is what the email meant. I must have misunderstood it because it said "Our dream had arrived and they had a special rate for us. We have been able to stay at POR, because one of my children is under 3. All four are listed on the reservation for AB.

coloradowendyl
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Most of those emails will have the rack rate offer in top portion and then a discounted offer in the bottom portion. It will be under a line entitled: If your dates are flexible.

They have been good for resorts other than value resorts, but so far, if you look at the dates for the 20% discount, you will see the summer months blocked out.

Wendy

Young@Heart
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
We got one of these last week at our old email address. I found it on Tuesday and called yesterday. There were no more rooms at POP available at the discounted price. :( We're just booking w/ AAA.

disneymom15
02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
I replied to this post a few days ago. I also received the E-mail. Yesterday I contacted Terri Sue at MJ and gave her the discount code #. She e-mailed me with my Pop Century rates, couldn't believe we got them for $49 plus tax per night. Needless to say, we're going back in Aug. Can't wait.

diz_girl
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I sent for my DVD and I don't think that I've received an e-mail. I get e-mails from Disney Shopping, and sometimes Disney Insider, but I don't think that I received an e-mail with the discount. I hope that I haven't deleted it. Please, please, please Disney, send me an e-mail.

dumbo_buddy
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
hi - i got the email today for the 20% discount.

i emailed MJ to see about using the pin code.

my question: we're going in September. if we use the 20% discount to book now, and then the dining package comes out, can you use both? i'm guessing no but it's worth asking. :mickey:

DreamFinder2
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Just curious...what are the black-out dates for the code? Spring break - Easter? Memorial Day wknd?

#1donaldfan
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
We got our code several weeks ago, made our ressies then something came up and we will not be able to go this year.......our first discount EVER and we can't use it....now that's just wrong!! Oh well, maybe '09 ish ......wish us luck...

chicade88
02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
This is the dates that were available:

1/6-2/2/08, 2/24-3/1/08, 3/30-4/12/08, 8/10-9/27/08, 10/19-11/1/08, 11/9-11/15/08 and 12/7-12/13/08

Quite a big black-out May-July!

diz_girl
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I just got my e-mail yesterday, which offered a rate of $82 per night for Nov 30-Dec 18 (which are the normal value season rates). I also got the 20% discount for the dates that chicade88 mentioned. That doesn't help me, since I'm going to be staying at WL from Nov 30-Dec 6. But I have the AAA rate, which is 15% off the rack rate (which is pretty good). I'm happy with that, but if Disney offers a better room only discount for my date (which would come out in Aug or Sep) then I won't turn it down.