PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party -- Should We Go?

brewcrew26
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I just saw that advanced tickets were on sale for the P&P parties for April. We weren't planning on doing MK on that certain evening, but should we change our itinerary to make it part of the plan to experience the special night?

Is it just for kids or would two adults enjoy the parade and special events. Are the lines manageable for the big rides during the time or do you still have to wait a long time (do they do fastpass during the special nights?)

Thoughts?

moe513
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
We have done both the Christmas and P and P party. I was glad we did it but for us we found it very crowded. There were long lines too. Overall I would give our experience a 5 out of 10.

smiles_rock
02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I would say if you can fit it in, do it! :thumbsup: We went in January and loved it, without kids! The special touches they add for the party are excellent. They don't use fastpasses but we walked right on to almost every ride in the park, some rides we were on by ourselves! The only lines we saw were for character greetings. Overall, the party was definately worth the $$$! I would go again! :princess:

snerd475
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
We went 1/26, and it was one of my favorite Disney experiences of all time. The lines were short - rode Buzz three times in a row - NO wait! Yes, lines for characters were long, but thankfully, we're not into such things. They didn't have candy, just lots of beads and plastic jewels. That wasn't really worth it to me, either, but the fireworks were amazing, parade was magical. :magic:

That said, April is a tough month due to spring break time. Probably later in the month would be better. Count on it being hot. We've had quite a warm winter so far, so I'm thinkin' spring will be early.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
We went last Sept and I had a ball. The lines weren't bad at all but we went right after school started for most people. There was plenty to do for adults and kids.

CaptSmee
02-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Me and my sister went last year and thought it was kinda lame. Nowhere near as good as the Halloween or X-mas parties. The parade was bad, and the fireworks mediocre at best. It was nice when we went last Jan because there was hardly anyone there and it rained so getting on rides was a cinch, as was collecting treasure over and over again.

GoofyScooter
02-08-2008, 11:03 PM
We went last Feb. My DW, DS, and I had a blast. Well worth the additional charge. We were able to walk right on the rides (wasn't a busy time of the year). Watch the fireworks from in front of the ice cream parlour on Mainstreet. CM tipped us off that they created the firework show by watching it in that location.

BigRedDad
02-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I am debating on doing this with my DW when we are there. However, it will be the first week of April and I think the crowds will be huge.

Goofster
02-09-2008, 10:46 AM
We just got back from our trip and the P & P party is not worth the money. It's just as crowded (if not more) than a busy EMH night. I'd skip it.