PDA

View Full Version : America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

RedheadWriter
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry I spelled cycle incorrectly in the title...can any mods fix that?

Hi All! I am starting this thread now, just under 2 weeks from the start of the next Cycle. I figure we can update this weekely with our thoughts, etc....as the cycle goes on.
so far...all I know is 14 contestants make it to the house. They are in New York this time around. I am not too impressed with the commericals I am seeing on the CW. Tyra looks a little mean in them. None of the girls particularly stand out on the website either. Should be interesting to watch.
Anyone catch ANTM Exposed last night? They had some of the girls from the previous cycles on talking about what happened behind the scenes.
Rachel

TikiGoddess
02-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi Red,

I am looking forward to the new season. Only problem is Wife Swap is on opposite ANTM! Two of my favorite shows to watch and now I have to choose.... geez I wish I had a DVR.

Anyway, I wonder how they're going to keep the show fresh this season. The girls don't look all that original.

Hey, we can talk ANTM on Sunday at the meet! Looking forward to meeting you!
Kathy

Jenemmy
02-13-2008, 07:51 AM
See Kathy , my problem is that ANTM is on opposite American Idol!! Decisions, decisions!!

I never watched this show until the season that Jaslene won. I just happened to catch one of the marathons they run on cable while flipping channels one day and it intrigued me. I guess I never thought I would get into it. Now, thanks to all the repeats, I think I have seen at least a sampling from all seasons.

I really like seeing the photo shoots -- after 10 cycles, I hope that they can still come up with some fresh and interesting things for the girls to do. Oh, and that Benny Ninja kinda gives me the creeps -- he is waaaaay to flexible to be totally human :D lol

MScholl13
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I love ANTM and I cannot wait until Cycle 10 starts!

I'm addicted to this show. I watch previous seasons re-runs all the time on MTV.:blush:

RedheadWriter
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey, we can talk ANTM on Sunday at the meet! Looking forward to meeting you!
Kathy

I am really looking forward to Sunday! I think it is going to be really fun!! Yes, we will have so much to talk about! :thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm addicted to this show. I watch previous seasons re-runs all the time on MTV.:blush:

I was sick for 3 weeks at the end of Dec and into Jan. They had a week's marathon of ANTM and that is all I had on as I recovered. My mother thought I was nuts as every time she came over it would be on. LOL.
It is addicting. I didn't get into it until Cycle 5. It seems I am always the last to get on the bandwagon. I just started watching LOST!!!!

PirateLover
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
It is precisely because of all the marathons that I don't think I could tune in to a regular season. I'm spoiled by that instant gratification. Also I'm an American Idol fan. I can't believe they are already on Cycle 10 however. I kind of feel like it's a bit ridiculous, and they still haven't produced one "top model." I've seen some of the models around, but theirs no one that has really taken the industry by storm. Also I feel like each season Tyra becomes more insufferable. She is my least favorite part of the show.

RedheadWriter
02-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I kind of feel like it's a bit ridiculous, and they still haven't produced one "top model." I've seen some of the models around, but theirs no one that has really taken the industry by storm. Also I feel like each season Tyra becomes more insufferable. She is my least favorite part of the show.

I agree. Tyra has become insufferable!
I have only seen the models in the Metrostyle catalog. NEVER in any Vogue or publications such as that. I know that some of the girls who did not win do have incredible luck and success in runway shows across the world, but to me, if you are not in Vogue, Harper's, Town and Country or others of that ilk, you are not a top model.

PirateLover
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree. Tyra has become insufferable!
I have only seen the models in the Metrostyle catalog. NEVER in any Vogue or publications such as that. I know that some of the girls who did not win do have incredible luck and success in runway shows across the world, but to me, if you are not in Vogue, Harper's, Town and Country or others of that ilk, you are not a top model.

Exactly. I saw many of the girls in runway shows during fashion week. Danielle, Jaslene, and Bianca all made appearances during the Project Runway shows... but that doesn't make them a top model. It just makes them a working model.
The only one that I would say has become a "star" in the loosest sense of the word would be Adrienne, and that's only because of her appearances on the Surreal Life and subsequent courtship and marriage with Chris Knight which spawned another program. That said I still enjoy the shoots and watching the girls get a little catty in the house:thedolls:

Tink2002
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Okay, so...

I said I was done watching after Saleisha won... (that whole controversy where she had been on the Tyra show as a model, had done ads when you are not supposed to have done that and be on the show, blah blah blah, I'm sure this has probably been discussed on here?)

But I'm not very good at sticking to my word. The show is just so addicting, and I'm getting very excited...

And I can't wait to discuss it with you all!

TikiGoddess
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
So what did everyone think?

I thought it was a big disappointing... I went to the CW website earlier today to see who the models were for the season, so the end of the show held no suspense for me!

I think they were crazy to pick the 'weird' one -- forgot her name (not Amy) -- when it is so evident that she has NO modeling experience whatsoever. I think Margita will be off the show pretty quickly.

Dominique is beautiful and ethnic looking which they seem to go for... Fatima is unique and seems like a great addition to the cast.

I don't know about Tyra's choice of interview clips --- (baby) milk?? Tricking out a car?? Lap dances?? And then how about the girls fighting in the lounge about being ghetto? I don't know... hope it gets better when they start the photo shoots and challenges.

Oh boy, I think way too much about this.
Kathy

Tink2002
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I feel like they picked a lot of personalities that are going to clash to make for good TV, as sad as that sounds. I didn't care for Dominique very much, she seems very fake to me, I was really hoping for Kristen (the one who has the boyfriend in Iraq) to get in, I thought she had a look that was sort of classic with an edge at the same time.

Oh, well. I'm going to try to be objective this time because every time I pick a favorite they get kicked off the next week! haha... I WAS really happy that shanya (don't know if I got that right - Muhammed Ali's niece) didn't make it, though, she drove me nuts during that "ghetto" fight and then hysterically crying the next minute.

Bring on the photo shoots!!!!! :joy:

RedheadWriter
02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Anyone else think that one girl (name forgotten..Amy?) looks like Lisa from Cycle 5? That is the first thing I thought of!
SO not liking Marvita. What an attitude she has!
Fatima looks like Iman and has a story to go with her so my first instinct was "She makes it far"
But I will say this, too...Whitney has my vote. I think she is pretty and it is about time a plus sized model wins! I am crossing my fingers!

NotaGeek
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Does Top Model call their seasons "Cycles"? I have never heard that term used to described a television show in the USA. :huh:

Meghan
02-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Does Top Model call their seasons "Cycles"? I have never heard that term used to described a television show in the USA. :huh:

Yeah, it's Cycle. America's Next Top Model airs two competitions a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. For every "season" Top Model is on, you get 2 competitions and 2 winners. So to seperate them each competition is called a Cycle. They're now on Cycle 10.

NotaGeek
02-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Yeah, it's Cycle. America's Next Top Model airs two competitions a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. For every "season" Top Model is on, you get 2 competitions and 2 winners. So to seperate them each competition is called a Cycle. They're now on Cycle 10.
Thanks!

I have only watched Top Model during a VH1 marathon, and it was only once. I just can't get into it.

Disneypixie513
02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
I sorta watched it last night..My friend called me and was in a talkative mood. So I bascally only really watched the first 15-20 mins. or so. I still had the tv on, but it's kinda hard to watch ANTM and talk on the phone..
Why did the one night my friend was in a talkative mood have to be last night? :confused:

ncscgirl2005
02-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Whats up with ANTM being on MTV all day on the weekends? Do they have some sort of deal or something? I like the show but they have so many cycles that I can't remember most of the winners. The ones I do remember are

1. Adrianne
2. Eva
3. Danielle
4. Naema (sp?)
5. Carrie D
6. Jaslene

RedheadWriter
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
The winners and their cycles are as follows:
1. Adrianne Curry
2. Yoanna House
3. Eva Pigford
4. Naima Moira
5. Nicole Linkletter
6. Danielle (now Dani) Evans
7. Caridee English
8. Jaslene Rodriguez
9. Saleisha (don't know her last name!)

MTV, VH1 and CW are all owned by the same parent company which is why the marathons are on.

As I thought more about the show last night I am hoping that Marvita is the first to go. I had the biggest chuckle when they were showing the previews of next week and Miss J went "OOOOOOOOOO" and was so dramatic. I apologize for not putting that in my response last night but I was sleepy from watching the eclipes. :blush:

Mackflava99
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM
I was sort of surprised about some of the people who were dropped, one girl had terrific photos but was not accepted-

I am very glad that one girl who got so mad at being called "ghetto" failed the first cut. She was very self centered. She did get some points for feeling sorry about Fatima's issue.

Actually i think we all feel for her- wow that is a very tough way to have to go through life.

She is very pretty , she does look like Iman alot.

I think Dominique would have been selected higher, but her " All this" reference to her assets seemed to not sit well with Tyra and the J's.

Also i guarantee we will hear about the hawaiian girl's accent every week,,, it is very strange. She sounds like Dog the Bounty Hunter - "Hank Lewse Brutha"

ncscgirl2005
02-24-2008, 06:37 PM
The winners and their cycles are as follows:
1. Adrianne Curry
2. Yoanna House
3. Eva Pigford
4. Naima Moira
5. Nicole Linkletter
6. Danielle (now Dani) Evans
7. Caridee English
8. Jaslene Rodriguez
9. Saleisha (don't know her last name!)

MTV, VH1 and CW are all owned by the same parent company which is why the marathons are on.

As I thought more about the show last night I am hoping that Marvita is the first to go. I had the biggest chuckle when they were showing the previews of next week and Miss J went "OOOOOOOOOO" and was so dramatic. I apologize for not putting that in my response last night but I was sleepy from watching the eclipes. :blush:

Thanks for the rundown. :thumbsup:

thrillme
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I admit I do enjoy ATM sometimes but I often find myself waiting till MTV has a "marathon" of the previous season. Then I kick the boys out of the house for the day and do my house cleaning stopping occasionally to see the final pictures.

One of the last times I did that I got to see Paris Hilton in her black dress stop in and say "Buh-bye"...just before she skipped off to jail.

PirateLover
02-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Did Marvita try out for a previous season and not make it? I only flicked the show on a few times and thought I recognized her and the name.

Tink2002
02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Did Marvita try out for a previous season and not make it? I only flicked the show on a few times and thought I recognized her and the name.

yes, I know she had gotten to the point of meeting the judges before and didn't make it, they thought she had "matured" somewhat through therapy, etc, and let her in this time.

She wasn't the one who had tried like eight times, though, was she? Anyone remember who that was?

RedheadWriter
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I will have to look up who that girl is...8 times!!! Can you imagine?

Well, folks, the show is on tonight and I cannot wait to see what Miss J was all dramatic about in the previews......We'll discuss once it is over! :)

Mackflava99
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
when is it on again? I forget which day

RedheadWriter
02-27-2008, 09:18 PM
:spoiler: For those in differing time zones.....just a warning

OK...I think Stacy Ann looks like Dani(elle) from Cycle 6. I swear there is nothing NEW about these girls looks.
Any comments on Kim? I am embarrassed to say she is from my neck fo the woods (about 1 our away from where I live). Who gets involved in fashion but is not into it? That whole thing made no sense to me at all.
Best line from tonight "I have never met a mean African until I met you"

I really like Claire and Whitney. A lot!!!

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Too early to get much of a feel for the girls yet, but our early favorites are Whitney, Marvita and the European girl. The thing I am most excited about this season is Paulina. I just loved her brief time on Dancing with the Stars. For such a gorgeous woman, she seems very real and is very funny. I liked Twiggy as a judge, but I think it will be fun to see what Paulina has to say.

I was surprised that they went on to eliminate a girl since that blonde took herself out. Too bad they couldn't bring back in one of the girls that was almost chosen as a finalist.

Tink2002
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
So fatima seemed to be pushing a few buttons, didn't expect that, she seemed very laid back and quiet to me last week. I think Marvita was flattering herself just a bit thinking that it was to try and spite her because she felt threatened, though.

Kim's photo was really stunning, too bad she didn't give a hoot.

I like Amis for some reason (although I think it's silly they made her change her name...), her photo wasn't great but she has PERSONALITY and seems genuine.

MAKEOVERS NEXT WEEK!!! :clappy::clappy::clappy:

poohbearlover15
03-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I watched the whole cycle 6 today on mtv. I was really lazy and i started watching it around 10 and i amd still watching it at 5. lol there down to 6 girls! just thought i'd share!

RedheadWriter
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I watched the whole cycle 6 today on mtv. I was really lazy and i started watching it around 10 and i amd still watching it at 5. lol there down to 6 girls! just thought i'd share!

hahaha! The marathons are so addicting!!!!!
I can't believe this is already week 3 on Wednesday for the new cycle! Time flies!

Mackflava99
03-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Double Elimination-
I think it was weird also that they got rid of 2 because now it shortens the amount of shows...unless they leave the last 2 to the final week instead of 3 ?
I think they had made their decision on removing someone so they didnt want to
go back on it, because it was a clear cut reason, if they kept the person around it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

otherwise i don't know why...

KarenP
03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree it was odd that got rid of 2 girls.

This week should be good. I always like the makeover episodes. I am not sure who I like yet. Have to see them all again I think.

Tink2002
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
know I already said it, but yayyyy makeovers!

Remember how they added an extra girl at the beginning? Dominique was sort of an afterthought, so maybe at some point they would have done a double elimination anyways, unless they were going to extend the season by an episode. That could be why they didn't mind Kim quitting.

should be plenty of drama queen tears tonight, though.

RedheadWriter
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
:spoiler: for those in other time zones

Was very pleased that the makeovers were a huge surprise to the girls until they were completed. That being said: I LOVE the way they did Whitney and Claire!
I do like Paulina Porizkova as the new judge, too, she has spunk!
Fatima is grating on my nerves while MArvita redeemed herself in my eyes. I also love what Tyra chose for her hair!
All in all, though, as a long time fan, I am not feeling it this cycle the way I have in past cycles. I can't put my finger on it!

Rachel

Tink2002
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM
sorry Tyra, but "horse mane weave" = a strong resemblance to a mullet. Marvita went from a mohawk to the mullet, however, so I guess if anyone could pull it off it would be her.

Allison was driving me nuts all episode, so I was extremely happy to see her go. And Fatima is wearing on my nerves, also, she has no filter for all of the inappropriate comments she makes to people!

I'm team Whitney right now, she seems very genuine and I think her makeover turned out awesome.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Tyra is the worst part of this show.
I agree that Amis (sp?) looks/acts like Lisa from that previous cycle.

(I hate saying cycle...it sounds like I'm talking about "that time of the month" or something.)

I like the "plus sized" girl. Can't think of her name. I call her "the normal sized girl."

LOVED when they kicked the girl with the huge ego off. "You look great." "I KNOW!!!!" "Thank you would also be an appropirate answer.'

Jenemmy
03-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to say I was surprised with the last photo shoot that they didn't have one girl who was a vegetarian and offended by the meat. Not that I am a vegetarian, but I saw where there could be big drama with that one and was surprised. Personally, I thought that shoot was a little nasty!!!! ICK!!! being draped in raw meat????

I think the fact that Aimee made such a big deal about the shower is foreshadowing that they are going to do another shoot this cycle that is sans clothes. Of course...I was wrong about the meat, so who knows??? LOL

Mrs. Bee
03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I have to say I was surprised with the last photo shoot that they didn't have one girl who was a vegetarian and offended by the meat. Not that I am a vegetarian, but I saw where there could be big drama with that one and was surprised. Personally, I thought that shoot was a little nasty!!!! ICK!!! being draped in raw meat????

I think the fact that Aimee made such a big deal about the shower is foreshadowing that they are going to do another shoot this cycle that is sans clothes. Of course...I was wrong about the meat, so who knows??? LOL

I was also surprised no one was upset about the meat. I bet the producers were mad there was no drama.

Yeah...good luck to Aimee. Has she never noticed that every season they make the girls get naked in a photo shoot?

Mrs. Bee
03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm watching it right now.

Was anyone else annoyed tonight when Dominique called Whitney racist for no apparent reason? Just because Whitney was mean to her and doesn't like her...that apparently makes her racist?! I don't know how that works. Um, Dominque, maybe she doesn't like you because you're annoying and talk about yourself in the 3rd person? Haha.

I love when Dominque said the comment about all the posing people being drag queens and how they are her people. Haha! She totally looks like a drag queen!

I like Whitney. I hope she sticks around for a while.

Tink2002
03-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I too am team Whitney, and Dominique drove me nuts. It wasn't Whitney's job to run around and tell everyone it was their phone time, get over yourself if you were the only one that couldn't comprehend the whole list idea.

The racist thing REALLY irked me,too. If you feel like spewing random insults, you should probably avoid that one unless you want to imply that someone who has never said any racist remarks to you is racist and look REALLY, REALLY ignorant.:shake:

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
I was sad to see Marvita go so early. She seemed to lose all her fight and motivation. She had such a unique and strong look. My daughter and I are hoping Dominique is gone soon. That crazy third person talk is getting old. I can't remember all the names yet, but we are really rooting for the awkward girl that lost her shoes. She really transforms at those photo shoots and takes amazing pictures.

Carol
03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
My daughter and I are hoping Dominique is gone soon. Add me to that list. That chick drives me nuts. :doh:

She might take pretty photos - but she has one ugly personality. :ack:

Jenemmy
03-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Jen thinks that Dominique is full of Dominique and Jen thinks that Dominique likes stirring up the trouble. Jen saw that it looks like Dominique is going to get what's coming to her when Jen saw the previews for next week. Jen hopes Tyra wises up. Jen also wants to send Fatima a brand new gillete sensor excel for women ;)

Jen's done writing Jen's post now.:D

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Jen thinks that Dominique is full of Dominique and Jen thinks that Dominique likes stirring up the trouble. Jen saw that it looks like Dominique is going to get what's coming to her when Jen saw the previews for next week. Jen hopes Tyra wises up. Jen also wants to send Fatima a brand new gillete sensor excel for women ;)

Jen's done writing Jen's post now.:D

That made Donna laugh!! :D

Mrs. Bee
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Lauren is the awkward girl. She's interesting. I like her.

There's a top model marathon on vh1 right now. WOO! It's season 3 (the one with toccarra...love her!) I just think the old seasons are so much more entertaining.

Disneypixie513
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I also thought the racist comments were so out of line. I like Whitney alot. Dominique should have been mature and responsible enough to know when her time for the phone was.
I didn't get to watch previews for next week because i TIVO'd it and the recording cut off before i saw the previews..Anything interesting happen next week? :confused:

RedheadWriter
03-26-2008, 10:50 PM
OH MY INTERCOT FRIENDS!!! I have been SO busy with a lot of drama over here in RI.....I have missed this. I am glad everyone is talking about the show!

Tonight's episode...HEHEH....DRAMA! I feel bad saying it, but I loved the gang up on Dominique!
Whitney did so well! I ahve my fingers crossed for the first 'normal size' girl to win...however the previews of the go sees next week showed she gets a little baloney for her size....

Looking forward to watching it again next week!
I also have to agree that the older cycles are entertaining. My fave is Cycle 2 when Yoanna wins. When Shandi cheats on her boyfriend...oh my the entertainment!!!!

Tink2002
03-29-2008, 03:03 AM
dominique is just plain stupid. And I really don't like calling anyone that, but I don't know if there's any other way to sum it up.

I'm really liking lauren these days, it fascinates me how she's so awkward and then BAM - she takes the most amazing photos. Hopefully she can gain a little confidence though if she's still around for the more personality-based challenges and commercials... I could see that going poorly.

Mackflava99
03-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Dominique was definitely starting to start something that wasn't true. Its easy to see that she is very self centered and doesnt listen to anyone as they talk ( except Tyra)

I hope she loses, but i think she will stay on because it creates good tv.

elmjimmlm
03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Was anyone else annoyed tonight when Dominique called Whitney racist for no apparent reason? Just because Whitney was mean to her and doesn't like her...that apparently makes her racist?! I don't know how that works. Um, Dominque, maybe she doesn't like you because you're annoying and talk about yourself in the 3rd person? Haha.

I love when Dominque said the comment about all the posing people being drag queens and how they are her people. Haha! She totally looks like a drag queen!

Thats hillarious!!!!!!!!!!Why exactly does she talk in the 3rd person? Are there going to be a few other personalities coming out of her soon?
Maybe one of them will tell her to wax her eyebrows!!!:funny:

Tink2002
04-06-2008, 11:33 PM
where is everyone? hahaha... :)

So in regards to last week, I can't believe Claire went home... I feel like there were others who have been consistently worse. Kind of a shocker. Although I probably also would have been a little freaked out to be at the shoot when she fell onto her face on the glass... how did that seem like a good idea?

And the drag-queen-third-person-speaker remains in the running. :rolleyes:

DisneyFreak23
04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Add me to the list of people who dont like dominique. Fatima also irks me.

I like Whitney, Katarzyna, and Lauren.:)

DisneyFreak23
04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Can someone please tell me who went home i missed it and now i wanna know who went home

Tink2002
04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Nobody went home this week, they had sort of a "recap" episode to catch people up, and there was also some never-before-seen footage, but nothing major.

Mackflava99
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes i also dislike Fatima and Dominique-

I think the winner may be Whitney because a plus sized one never won prior... but the hawaiian girl is doing well so it may be tough-

Chrisx2
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
In a perfect world, there would be a double elimination next week where Dominique and Fatima go home. Probably not going to happen but I can dream. They both irritate me in the worst way. Half the time Dominique is on the screen, I find myself pressing mute so I don't have to hear her refer to herself in the third person.:ack:

IamBelle
04-20-2008, 12:48 PM
this is my first time i have watched a season of this show, and i like it! i cannot stand domenique. i am rooting for lauren and whitney! (if i mentioned an eliminated person that is cause i am 1 wk behind)

elmjimmlm
04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I think that Whitney should win too...I cant believe that they kept Fatima even without her photo...Just makes you think about favorites...:secret:

ChipnDaleGal
04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I was sorry to see Lauren go this week, but she deserved it. She didn't even seem to try in the commercial. One thing to stumble with the Italian, but another thing entirely to roll your eyes, make faces, etc. She really was awful. If Dominique doesn't leave soon I will scream. I can not believe the judges never call her out on her crazy hair when she arrives at panel.

Mackflava99
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
dominique is so bad- i dont know why she is still there-
I hate her and Fatima-

Anya should win but maybe she will get sidetracked because she cannot speak

so then it could be the first even plus size model or katregena

Jeff
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
My daughter has me watching this show with her. Anything a Dad can do to spend time with his daughter is ok by me. My one comment on those gals remaining is:

Fatima needs to eat a couple of cheeseburgers!

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I did like Whitney but after Wed. night show I think that I am for Katarzina(how to spell?)...Whitney is a little too fake...

IamBelle
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
When it came down to Whitney and Lauren, who are my two favorites, I agreed with them that Lauren needed to go. I still can't stand Domenique and now I don't know about Anya.

ChipnDaleGal
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
My daughter has me watching this show with her. Anything a Dad can do to spend time with his daughter is ok by me. My one comment on those gals remaining is:

Fatima needs to eat a couple of cheeseburgers!

We say that every episode too, Jeff! But I think she needs to start off by eating a dozen!!

Jeff
04-26-2008, 05:54 PM
We say that every episode too, Jeff! But I think she needs to start off by eating a dozen!!

With fries and a shake.:)

Tink2002
04-27-2008, 03:01 AM
it could be her body type, too, though. I"ve always been very small and I don't starve myself by any means. I always find it interesting that people are quick to comment even to a person's face that they're too skinny but wouldn't tell someone they need to lose weight. I"m not whining, it's just one of society's funny little quirks - it's okay to say fatima needs to eat but it would be rude to say that whitney should skip a few meals.

TikiGoddess
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Yay!!! Dominique is gone!!

I think it will be Anya and Whitney for the final two. Anya will have trouble with the Cover Girl ad, but Whitney will have trouble with the runway show.

Who will win... I think Whitney would be the best one.

TikiG

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Yay!!! Dominique is gone!!

Okay, I am cheating because I haven't watched last night's episode yet. But I am so happy that Dominique is gone!! Yay!!! :yay:

DisneyFreak23
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Yay!! I Was Sooo Happy!!! Hurray!!! Dominique Is Gone!!! Dominique Is Gone!!! Fatima Was Bottom Two!!! Yay!!!:d

elmjimmlm
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Yay!! I Was Sooo Happy!!! Hurray!!! Dominique Is Gone!!! Dominique Is Gone!!! Fatima Was Bottom Two!!! Yay!!!:d

One down 2 to go util Whitney wins...

Mackflava99
05-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I am so glad Dominique is gone, he was a wreck. Did I say he?

ChipnDaleGal
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I hope that Whitney can quit overthinking everything and relax herself a little more. I think she can win if she can stop doing all the "posey" stuff that ends up looking a little fake. I flinch everytime I hear someone call her plus size. She is gorgeous and looks like a very healthy and normal size girl.

It was so much fun listening to all of Dominique's garbage talk this episode, since I knew that she was getting the boot. Made for a very enjoyable hour!! :thumbsup:

And I have to say that Paulina is still one of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen. She just radiates inner and outer beauty. I liked Twiggy, but Paulina makes panel so much more lively and interesting.

elmjimmlm
05-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I liked Twiggy, but Paulina makes panel so much more lively and interesting.

I agree...Paulina is a good medium between Janice with her all her crazy and Twiggy with all her dull...

DizNee143
05-09-2008, 10:50 AM
aww..lauren didnt make it?..i know her..she is my friends cousin..it was so cool to see someone i knew on tv!! lol..i was trying to watch but i dont catch every show (obviously)..
i havent watched in a few weeks but i see you guys said that dominique!! thank god! could not stand that girl...
im rooting for whitney...we need a plus size model..(although shes not exactly plus size to me..but whatever) to win...
we'll see what happens..

DisneyFreak23
05-10-2008, 07:38 AM
i liked it when ms/mr(??) j was all "thats why its called cover girl: to cover up the MAN in you."
i was laughing really hard! lol!

Jeff
05-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I flinch everytime I hear someone call her plus size. She is gorgeous and looks like a very healthy and normal size girl.

Well said Donna.

TikiGoddess
05-10-2008, 02:19 PM
i liked it when ms/mr(??) j was all "thats why its called cover girl: to cover up the MAN in you."
i was laughing really hard! lol!

Ditto! That was the best line of the entire season!!

TikiG

pink
05-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I just started watching this season today- I like Whitney and I think she is beautiful but I really want Anya to win! :mickey:

Dulcee
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Ah, hooray Whitney! :party: I'm so excited, its about time a woman with a woman's body is what we girls see splashed across magazines. She's a high fashion model that I can see modeling clothes that I can actually say, hey, that could work on me!

Jeff
05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RedheadWriter
05-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Well, I started this here thread and then disappeared! But I am back, even if it is only for the morning coffee web searching (so busy...)
Anywho! WHITNEY WON!!!!! YEAH!
Representin' the girls with the REAL bodies. I am thrilled.
NO ONE could say she didn't bring passion and strength to the runway. Anybody else wonder where Donatella Versace was or did I miss her??

See everyone back here for the CYCLE 11 thread :)

Carol
05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Very happy with the outcome. I liked Whitney from day one. I just hope she goes back to a brunette now that the competition is over. :)

ChipnDaleGal
05-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Very happy with the outcome. I liked Whitney from day one. I just hope she goes back to a brunette now that the competition is over. :)

We liked her better as a brunette too, Carol. We haven't watched the episode yet, as we were not home last night. But I am really happy that Whitney won. :yay:

Disneypixie513
05-15-2008, 10:07 PM
YAY!
I'm Super happy Whitney won! :thumbsup:
It was a very pleasant surprise.
I so can't wait to see Her on the cover of 17!

Fantasmic
05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Yay Whitney, finally, after 10 cycles, the girl I was backing won!
So happy

IamBelle
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I AM SO HAPPY WHITNEY WON!!
Thursday, I was watching TMZ, and they called Whitney a hippocrite cause in her audition she said she would never change, but she change her hair color and she hid her body under the pink dress, etc. I was so angry at that story!! It wasn't Whitney's choice to wear that dress, they gave it to her, and I m pretty sure the stylists changed her hair too!!!

WELL, THATS THEIR OPINION, I THINK WHITNEY IS STRONG AND SHE WILL BE A GREAT TM.

pink
05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Thursday, I was watching TMZ, and they called Whitney a hippocrite cause in her audition she said she would never change, but she change her hair color and she hid her body under the pink dress, etc. I was so angry at that story!! It wasn't Whitney's choice to wear that dress, they gave it to her, and I m pretty sure the stylists changed her hair too!!!

I wasn't watching but I read it the other day on the website and I felt they were not being fair to her either. She said that she wouldn't change who she was and she didn't change what typical girls do to be a model, she kept her figure and didn't respond to designers critizing her appearance. All she did was change her hair color and length, people do that all the time and they're still the same person.

All in all, I loved Anya but I'm glad that Whitney won. It was about time! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I liked both girls. Either one winning would have made me happy. I think Anya deserved to win more than Whitney, though. She had stronger pictures throughout the entire competition. And as the judges were saying, she's the one you would buy the dress from. She's got the high fashion look! Isn't that what this competition is supposed to be about?

This is where the show gets confusing to me. Yes, I know it's only a silly reality show. But they hype it as looking for a 'high fashion' runway model, when in the end they really need a girl who can do a Cover Girl contract and a 17 cover.

I think Whitney had an edge over Anya in the fact that she would give the show more publicity because she's the first plus size model to win the competition. I'm not saying she didn't deserve to win (each girl had strengths and weaknesses, and I think they are both stunning) but that her uniqueness was the extra plus that she needed to win.

TikiG

Hair_Razor
05-16-2008, 08:29 PM
In response to Tiki, I see what you are saying about the "high fashion model" thing. However look at what the prizes are, a contract with Elite, an ad campaign with Cover Girl, and the cover of 17 mag. None of these prizes scream "high fashion model". I think that there is no reason a full figure model would not be the most appropriate answer. For 17 and Cover Girl I think it's nice to have a great role model for our young girls. Just my 2 cents.