PDA

View Full Version : Staying at 2 different resorts?

bc002k
02-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Does anyone ever split their stay at different resorts? I'm having trouble deciding between PO and CS, and was thinking maybe 4 nights at POFQ and 4 nights at CS.

The only thing is that checking out one morning and having to transport all the luggage to another place seems like it might be a pain in the neck. (Plus, typically there's a lag between check-in and check-out at hotels).

Just wondering how much of a hassle (if at all) people found it to be, for those who have done it.

TammiMcMan
02-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Splitting stays are a great way to experience two different resorts, it just takes a little extra planning. You don't have to worry about your luggage, Disney's bell services will take care of moving it for you. My suggestion is to keep anything you might need in a daybag or backpack (ie bathing suit, change of clothes, medicine, etc.) You may not see your luggage again until 4 or 5pm.

If you are planning a resort day, you can ask about late check-out at your hotel. If it's available, that will lessen the time you'll be without a room. If you're planning a park day, you can pack up, call bell services and check out of the 1st hotel in the morning. You can take an afternoon break to check into your next resort.

The only time it can be a bit sticky is if you're moving from a room only reservation to a package. In that case, you'll have to do the check out/check in process to activate your package. In that siutation, if you're planning a park day, you'll have to check into your next resort before you head to the parks.

CanadianWDWFan
02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
We did it at three resorts one summer. We had the AP so we weren't on any packages.

What we did was check out early from one resort and then get the the other resort bright and early so we could start our day. Only once was our room not ready. We were given our room key but no room number. We were told to call by 2:00PM and find out what room we had been assigned. It was pretty painless and as Tammi said, it was a great way to check out the different resorts.

Bell services will transfer your luggage to the other Disney hotel for you. We chose not to and drove with our luggage to the other resort.

robemcdo
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Split stay..
Did it, no hassles, Disney took care of the bags..

One thing it allowed us to do is to split our reservation, such that we went OOP for a few days, then went DDP for the rest of the trip. And since we were there the full day at the beginning of the DDP, using up the credits was much easier.

Downside is the packing, but it only cost us about an hour.

artyboy
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
We do it almost every trip...never a problem...and you get to see more resorts this way!

:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
1) We did it a couple of times.
2) Yes, you can experience more resorts.
3) But, for us, it was just too much trouble.
4) Once I am unpacked, I want it to stay that way.
5) Besides clothes, you have to pack toiletries, souvenirs, kids.

NOTE: Of course, if we could have forgotten to pack the kids and left them behind, that would be a point in favor of switching resorts (LOL - maybe).

DakotaDisney
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I will be splitting my time on my next trip. With a Disney cruise in between.:mickey:

The one suggestion I have is that if you are doing a package with extra perks, check to make sure when those perks can be used.

On my last trip I did the deluxe package with dinning, golf, Cirque De Soliel, and tours. I was going to stay at POP and then move to AKL.

When I set up my reservation through Disney the CM said I could do this and the extras would apply to my whole stay, but when my stuff came in the mail it didn't. I believe the dinning was for the whole stay, but the other things had to be done in the first part of my stay at POP, which wasn't going to be possible. I couldn't get the tours, cirque and golf in the days that the deluxe plan was assigned to.

So, I called Disney back and found out that I couldn't carry the deluxe perks throughout my stay. I would either have to get my deluxe things finished in the time I had at one of the resorts or book 2 deluxe packages, which was way to expensive. Plus I didn't need double the extras.

I ended up staying at AKL the whole stay and having the full trip to enjoy the extras of the deluxe plan. Which I did fully enjoy, I was just glad I found out before I got to WDW. It would have been awful to get there and find out my whole plans would have had to change.