PDA

View Full Version : oi! did they officially close the wonders of life pavilion?

thefunkypurplegirl
02-07-2008, 12:17 AM
say it isnt so!!!!

i was looking thru the site 2day, 2 make sum reservations, and lo and behold-wonders of life shows up no where in epcot attractions or pavilions

and usually its listed under seasonal openings-its no longer there :'(

wah where am i going to get my health education now disney? :ill:

AHOTE
02-07-2008, 12:58 AM
We were down October/November 2007 and the pavillion was being used for the Food & Wine Festival. According to the cast members we spoke with everything was gone, the rides and sets had all been removed including the Helix out front and there are no plans to restore it. :( I gather it has something to do with the sponsorship or lack thereof. Just wondering what they'll be offering in its place. Even though it was under utilized for the Food & Wine Festival the building housed some of the wine tastings and the wine and gift shops . It could work well for all the special programs as a convention center at Epcot. :thumbsup: Time will tell.

splashtest
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Though it's not official, I wouldn't count on seeing it opened again. It's a shame for a building that used to have so much traffic just sit there as a former shell of itself. They should really put some TLC into this.

PirateLover
02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry to say I believe it has seen it's last days. I was lucky enough to get in for one last go round in dec 05. Despite large crowds in the park, there was no one in the pavilion. There were only 2 other people on Body Wars with us and maybe 10 tops in Cranium Command. It wasn't even on the map and no one seemed to know it was open. :(

DrWorm2008
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
say it isnt so!!!!

i was looking thru the site 2day, 2 make sum reservations, and lo and behold-wonders of life shows up no where in epcot attractions or pavilions

and usually its listed under seasonal openings-its no longer there :'(

wah where am i going to get my health education now disney? :ill:

I know....I do miss it....the DNA tower was so cool! :mickey:
I got inside last October during the Food and Wine Festival. They were using it then for a wine tasting and merchandise center. I had to buy a FNWF shirt, just to say I got it insode the old WOL pavilion. It looked really sad inside with all of the booths and attractions laying desolate.:(I don't understand how Disney can be so quick to bulldoze something as precious as Horizons, but then leave that copper bubble building there to collect dust! :confused:
Come on! Put something cool there! :mad:

DNS
02-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Very sad to me. This and The Seas were my favorites at Epcot.

PinKy
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Ohmygoodness! What a shame!

I loved Cranium Command....

and DH and I always sat through the Wonders of Life movie just in case we missed anything! LOL!

wendy*darling
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I was lucky enough to get in for one last go round in dec 05. Despite large crowds in the park, there was no one in the pavilion. It wasn't even on the map and no one seemed to know it was open. :(
I was fortunate to be able to visit in Dec 05 as well. We spent the whole day in Epcot on New Year's Eve 05.
The Wonders of Life Pavilion was a great refuge from the wall to wall people in the park that day. The Making of Me and Cranium Command were running. I think Body Wars was too- but I didn't ride it (can't remember if the kids did or not).
But there were very few people in there- even on a day when they closed the park to new visitors for a few hours!

I will miss it- and hope they unveil a plan for a new use for that space soon.

In the meantime, they are using it for special events- like Food & Wine and corporate parties.

Coleby
02-07-2008, 11:01 PM
maybe it's just me, but I will be kind of glad to see this go. I found it a complete waste of space. Never did body wars, and a lot of the exhibits were more geared towards younger kids it seemed. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
It is such an enormous crime that one of my favorite places in the World and the world is being neglected like it is..

On my first trip I loved WOL for some reason..when I got home, thinking about it felt secure and good :) Then I heard it would be closed on our next trip, I was so sad and disappointed

Luckily it was open Christmas 2005 so I could see it one more time :thumbsup:

Still, a real shame

KAT1811
02-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I have to say that the Wonders of Life Pavillion was not one of my favorite attractions. :shake: I think they could make much better use of this space. I'll be interested to see what they come up with as a replacement.

I think I just got an idea for a new thread! :idea: