PDA

View Full Version : Quick dining/budget question - help please!

#1disneyfan
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I am trying to figure out our dining budget for our August trip and I wanted to know what the Fl sales tax is for our meals and snacks. I am trying to budget down to the nearest dollar. Anyone know the sales tax rate for FL ? Sorry for the silly question, but I know if anyone can answer me it would be here!!

Seasonscraps
02-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I think it's 6.5%

goofiecrazy
02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I am not sure but i would add a couple dollars to each meal.I have been trying to figure out how much we would spend on it each meal and just rounded it up like 5-10 bucks for each meal to cover the tax etc.

dmallan
02-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes it is 6.5%.
I did the same thing for our trip in January - figured our meal budget out to the last dollar. It worked pretty well too!
I looked at each menu, used an average priced meal, added drinks, multiplied by the 5 of us, added tax and tip.
In order to stay on track, we used a "magic number" at each meal. The magic number was the maximum amount each person could spend in order for us to stay on our budget. So, if the magic number was 18, each person could order any combination of items (entree, drink, appetizer or dessert) but not exceed $18. It worked very well for us, and I must say everyone got into it, and we stayed on budget!
And some of us got creative too - Like, "If you and I split this meal, we can also split an appetizer and dessert!"
We actually ended up being under budget and since I had pre-purchased gift cards and rewards points to go toward our meals, we ended up having more money for souvenirs!