PDA

View Full Version : Banking Deadline

PoohBear517
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm a little confused about the banking deadline.
We purchased DVC in November 2007 and have a June UY. We were told that we would have until May 31, 2008, to bank points since we're new members. I held off on banking any points until I had our vacations planned. Well, I logged onto dvcmember.com and there's an alert stating that no points are available to bank because the banking window is at 0%. :confused:
Don't they give new members until the end of their first UY to use and/or bank their points (in my case, May 31st)?
I'm hoping this is a mistake that will be corrected once I get through to MS.

lockedoutlogic
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
The banking deadline rules changed as of 1/1/08.....instead of being able to bank a certain % for much of the use year....I believe you know can bank as many as you want up until 8 months...and then nothing in the last four months of the use year.

so if you look in the vacation planner that was issued in January....a june contract has up until January 31st to bank their points....

so indeed...it would appear to be too late.

You might want to contact them....though i'm going to assume that if you purchased a June use year in November....then you purchased a resale through a third party.

Unfortunatey...many people...in places such as this board....give the impression that a resale is the same as a new sale that is purchased through DVC....it is not....

Why would Disney give the same considerations to units that are being transferred that were previously sold and are now simply changing hands.....then gain nothing from it...that is completely zero sum for them.

Their focus is to sell the new units under construction....

But you may get lucky and give DVC a call....maybe they can work something out...

hope it works out for you

PoohBear517
02-07-2008, 08:27 AM
We did purchase directly through Disney (230pts at SSR) and were assured that we had until May 31st to bank points. And when I initially registered on dvcmember.com, I do recall seeing the banking deadline as May 31, 2008 - I wish I printed that screen for proof.

lockedoutlogic
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
pooh....

I would then contact your sales agent....i would imagine that you can have this corrected.

From here on out....1/31 is your deadline for banking all your points though....that is a slight policy change that just went into effect