PDA

View Full Version : ESPN The Weekend

hunnyluvsthemouse
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
We will be going to the ESPN Weekend at the Studios on February 28 - March 2. My DS, who is 12, loves the Mike and Mike show on ESPN. I know that they are broadcasting live on Thursday and Friday, but I can't find any information on where they will be. I think last year they were at the Brown Derby.

Does anyone know where they will be and how do you get to go and watch the live broadcast??

Thanks.

Rekenna
02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi! We are going to ESPN the Weekend too! Last year just about everything happened in front of "The Hat". Hope this helps.

It would be nice if they would post something somewhere with some times and who will be there when (they post a list of the planned celebrities but not what day or time they will be there). I guess they don't give advance notice because the celebrities are not guaranteed to show up?

It would be nice for us planning type people to know-I almost can't stand it! It makes it hard to plan your days.

Have a great time!:mickey:

Belle619
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I couldn't agree more! We went last year and I thought maybe I had missed something because I couldn't find out when/where the celebrities were appearing until we physically entered the park and were handed a brochure.

It was so frustrating to find out we had all day until the athlete we were interested in seeing was going to appear!

hunnyluvsthemouse
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I realize that Mike and Mike is on from 6am-10am. My DH and DS are planning on getting up at 4 am and heading to wherever they might be. I know last year when Mike and Mike were doing their live broadcast there were people there because they would pan the audience coming in and out of commercial breaks. I'm pretty sure they were inside the Brown Derby.

I've searched the ESPN website, I've e-mailed Mike and Mike, I've looked on their blogs, there is nothing anywhere that states where they will be. It is quite frustrating because that is one of the main reasons we are going to Disney at that time.

Maleficent's Dad
02-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Last year Mike & Mike did broadcast from inside the Brown Derby. Most of the other broadcasts were done from the hat area.

They did start early last year, but I'm not sure how park admission was handled; they definitely broadcast in front of a live audience at the BD.

Good luck; hope you have a nice trip! :mickey:

Funforall
02-18-2008, 12:57 AM
We were wondering about autographs. Is it set up for autographs? Are the lines outrageous? Can we find out who will where and when? Thanks

RUWearingRed
02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
We saw M+M show last year. Last year they were at the ESPN Club Thursday and BrownDerby on Friday. You had to pre-register for the show.

Last Friday the 15th, Mike Greenberg announced they will be broadcasting from the ESPNClub Thursday and Friday. No Bown Derby. You MUST call 1-407-566-7820 to register and tell hem what day you want. Last year when I called, I left a message and got a call back confirming it (they called back the next day).:mickey:

tplmarc
02-19-2008, 12:05 AM
come of the radio broadcasting was done right before you go into the courtyard for RNR coaster. on the left so try there.

RUWearingRed
02-19-2008, 06:59 AM
all radio broadcast BUT M+M are infront of the R + R Coaster.

Listen to the M+M archive fom Friday the 15 at roughly 7:45 EST and Miek Greenberg will announce they will be at ESPNClub from 6am-10am broadcasting their show.

hunnyluvsthemouse
02-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the information. I called the phone number and there is no room. Looks like we won't be going to Disney next week after all.:(:(

DS doesn't want to go if he can't see Mike and Mike.