PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth on Feb 8th?

bshaw96
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
There was a post here recently that SE would be closed for its 2nd phase of remodel on the 9th-14th. I was so mad b/c those are our exact dates in the parks at the world. Arriving on the 8th, leaving on the 15th. Don't usually do the parks on arrival and departure day. Was considering changing that though and going to Epcot the evening we arrive (couldn't get there til 6) just to see if we can get on SE. I know it's not getting the best reviews, but would still like to see it as I don't know when we'll make it back. But I also don't want to go thru the hassle of going to the park on arrival day if it's gonna be closed. Anyone have any idea as to the likelihood of getting to ride it that day, or is there just no way to guess?

DizneyRox
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I've never seen a refurb NOT start on the date specified. It's possible to finish early, but the start date is the start date.

Chances are there are workers scheduled to come in, flights that may be booked to get people there, etc. You best bet is to check towards the end of your vacation to see if it's completed early.

But always with Disney your guess is as good as mine. If I were betting, I'd go with my plan however.

jclightchasr
02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
second phase is a good thing though I hope. The second half is just terrible I don't mind the narration being changed I do miss the finale music at the end and the first half is amazing done in true Disney style. I was on you tube looking at footage of the old second half and there is no comparison. I just don't understand why Imagineers think that the majority of us who sit in front of computers all day want to then watch a cheesy copy and paste video of oneself in a wannabe Jetsons movie. Bring back the city of lights and the fiberoptics the finale was great too and could easily have the female narration tracked over it. I hope the are going to give us more than a black tunnel with christmas lights mimicing stars and the Jetson's clip. Harsh as it may sound I still love SSE I just don't love it as much.