PDA

View Full Version : The Adventures of Mickey and Minnie

MickeyChick
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
When planning our recent trip to WDW, we asked my sweetie's ex if we could bring their kids along with us. She said no. So while we were there, we wanted a really special souvenir for them.

We bought a pair of YOMD Mickey and Minnie dolls and carried them with is all over the parks and took pictures of them. When the kids come for their next visitation, we're going to give them the dolls and a photo album storybook with Mickey and Minnie's Adventures in Disney World.

You can see the pictures on Shutterfly. (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8RbtmTRu1bNE&notag=1)

Goofyjrzgrl
02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
What a GREAT idea!! Those will make wonderful souvies for those kids. And next time, maybe the ex will let you bring them- and they can follow the adventures of their storybook themselves!!

BMan62
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
How did you get the shots in IASW and on the Jeep?

Great pics, BTW!

d_m_n_n
02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Very cool! A Mickey and Minnie version of Flat Stanley!! :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
02-06-2008, 09:12 PM
what a terrific idea!

MickeyChick
02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
For IASW, I just had the person on the other side of the boat from me hold them up and quickly focused and snapped the picture.

The Jeep is just sort of hanging out in HS, near the dinosaur ice cream stand. I put M&M in the wire fence the jeep crashed through and snapped the picture.

Figment1988
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
i have done something similar, but my version features Pal Mickey in one of the most unlikely places: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. i'll post my version when i'm finished sequencing them by order.

January-2007
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Neat, thanks for sharing!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I love that idea. :thumbsup:
I thought of doing something like that when I was there in December without my kids.
There were a few characters that we have never seen as a family that I came across. I felt a little Goofy standing with them while my friends took pics of me. It would have been great to have thought of it before the last day.:rolleyes:

KAT1811
02-10-2008, 03:35 AM
SO cute. What a great idea! Hopefully the kids can join you on your next trip. A great idea would be to take the kids back to all of those exact spots and take their pictures and then put them all in one book side by side.

wdw_bound
02-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Photos are great, but may I offer a different perspective?

Be very careful that you not make mom the meanie, as in "you couldn't go because your mom wouldn't let you." It's not fair to their mom or to them. Regardless of the reason for the no, it was mom's decision to make and needs to be respected. If the kids go home mad or disappointed that they couldn't go, it will only make things worse.

Blended families are VERY hard work, and I'd hate to see your good intentions have unfortunate results.