PDA

View Full Version : Best choice for 3 day no hopper?

kchelsel
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi we bought a three day non hopper and I'm thinking with a 6 and almost 8 year old, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will be the best choice. I'm thinking two days for MK and one day at Hollywood. Does that sound like a good plan?
Also, what if we find one day is enough at MK and then want to purchase the Hopper, is there an additional cost to switch and is it a pain?
Thanks!
Cheri.

TrishaTrish
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I am definitely no expert, but our travel agent, did mention that you could upgrade to the hopper at any park, I believe it was $45 per ticket?

CleveSJM
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
First, welcome fairly new Intercottees!

It will be an additional cost. kc is right on with the $45. Yeah, it's a pain. They can help you at the resort concierge or box office at a park.

As far as 3 day no hoppers, it really depends on the time of year you go. It's it's crazy busy or just regular busy. Two days is necessary for MK during crazy busy. One day is often enough, especially for return visitors. A P&P Party, MNSSHP, or MVMCP is great to add on to make sure you cover the MK in one regular ticket day.

It also depends on the kids. If they are dinosaur crazy like my DS6, then AK is required. If they like thrill rides and/or Star Wars then DHS takes priority.

Hard to judge the plan without knowing visit time, interests, etc, but I think you are solid with your current plan.

Bethis26fan
02-06-2008, 10:56 AM
We are doing a 3 day no hopper w/ my 4 year old nephew in Oct. We are also going to MNSSHP. So we are doing one full day in MK,(plus the party) one full day in stuidos, and one full day at epcot.

Of course Epcot is more for us, but he's addicted to nemo so he'll be happy.

Marker
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
That's kind of a difficult question to ask. Everyone has different preferences and tastes.

That being said, for a first timer (Welcome by the way) with 2 younger children, 2 days at the Magic Kingdom is probably an excellent choice and actually the desire to park hop my not even come up. Park hopping, in my opinion, is more a tool for folks who have been there, done that, and kind of know where they are going and what they like already. For a first time experience, especially with kids, I'd much prefer to take my time, wander through, and experience the Magic Kingdom.

As for the third day, that's really difficult to answer for you. Disney's Hollywood Studios is an excellent choice, your kids will love it. However, a lot of folks really enjoy the animal experience at the Animal Kingdom. Some "veteran" visitors consider Animal Kingdom a half-day park, however, again for first timers with a couple of younger kids, you'd easily be able to fill a day if you wanted to experience the whole park.

And then there's Epcot, an absolute favorite of mine. Though some kids don't get into Epcot as much as the other parks, some really enjoy the adventure of wandering the various countries of the World Showcase.

Your plan sounds great. One tip to offer, even though you have 2 days planned for Magic Kingdom, let the kids set the pace. Don't feel you absolutely HAVE to see everything at all cost. Relax, slow down, and let the kids enjoy at a pace that suits them. Better to have great memories of part of the park instead of hurried, frustrated, stressful memories of whole park.

splashtest
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I would also consider upgrading to a hopper pass. Animal Kingsdom is usually fun for the small ones too. There is a lot for them to see there. Just a thought!!

King Triton
02-06-2008, 12:14 PM
If you're doing the party, I would think one additional day in MK would be sufficient.

I would definitely do a day in Epcot as another...and make sure you stay for Illuminations at the end.

The third day is the tricky part. If your kids have their heart set on Tower of Terror, I'd go with DHS and stay for Fantasmic.

If not, and this is my preference, I'd take the third day and go to AK. There's good thrill rides with EE and Dinosaur, the Safari is always fun and there's good live shows...Festival of the Lion King and Nemo (although I haven't seen that one yet). The big drawback here is that, because you won't have a hopper, your day is over at 5:00 or 6:00 and no nighttime show.