PDA

View Full Version : If you could only choose one....

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok so in response to the "Where would you never dine again" thread I thought this might be fun. If you could only eat at one restaurant at WDW what would it be and why?

I think I would choose the Garden Grill at EPCOT. I love the fried catfish and steak and the character interaction is always great there! :mickey:

5fromabove
02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Hmm...I think it would have to either be Crystal Palace for breakfast (our kids just LOVE the breakfast here and the atmosphere is beautiful) or lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. We have many wonderful memories of eating inside the castle together and the Major Domo's Pie is delish.

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
We just had a similar thread you may find interesting:

One Restaurant You Cannot Do Without? Thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=125456)

I picked California Grill, for the incredible food, excellent service, and amazing views.

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
We just had a similar thread you may find interesting:

One Restaurant You Cannot Do Without? Thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=125456)

I picked California Grill, for the incredible food, excellent service, and amazing views.

Oops I didn't realize that thread was there! Sorry!

IloveDisney71
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
We love Ohanas so I'd have to pick it as my choice. There is no place anything like it where we live, so it's a change of pace for us.

elmjimmlm
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Ohana...just because

Jared
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Tough question, Erin, and my answer changes every time someone starts a similar thread. In a post I wrote Saturday, I voted for dinner at Boma, but after reading about the changes to 'Ohana's menu, I've had a craving for those chicken wings.

:tasty:

jedi jen
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
In response to your question, DD(5) quickly says "the castle".

DS(9) says, "I like them all equally." When forced and reminded, he says "Japan, totally."

I choose California Grill during Wishes. :cloud9:

Shugoondola
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Wow...I don't think I could pick just one, but if I had to, I think it would be 'Ohana. But...if they're not serving those wonderful potatoes anymore :(, I might change my vote to Boma.

:mickey:

P.S. I like the loud lady in 'Ohana.

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Not really a restaurant, but Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. Both DH and I thought it was the best!

RAIDER
02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
I loved the Hollywood Brown Derby ..went there last year for the first time and loved it :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought this was a bit of a hard one, so I asked the family, and they each came up with a different answer:

DH said R&C (I think he just likes getting a good drink!) :beer:

DD said CRT...go figure from a 9 year old princess :princess:

I would have to say LTT, not because it is anything that special per se, but it is the first Disney restuarant we ate in on our first trip, and it has been a part of every trip since...totally my choice for the sentimental value!

like2workout
02-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Great question, and tough question since there are so many great places to eat, but my favorite has always been The Brown Derby. I love everything about it!

KAT1811
02-06-2008, 10:14 AM
This is such a tough question! :goodbad: (Even though I asked it myself not too long ago) I guess if I could only go to one it would have to be. . . WOW this is hard :wait: . . . Crystal Palace for breakfast. Now for my reasons:

1.) We get to dine in the Magic Kingdom when the park is not yet officially open. :joy:

2.) We love the food. Omlet made to order (for me), Waffles and fruit (for DH), and tons of things for the DDs. :eat:

3.) There is a feeling that touches me so deeply when I see my children light up when Tigger :tigger: (or another character) comes to the table. Each have a different response. DD#1 (11) jumps up for a hug, photo, and autograph; DD#2 (3)yells "Tigger!" and gives him a huge hug; DD#3 (1) just stares in awe for a bit then breaks out in a huge smile as Tigger cups her face in his big paws. :sob:

For us this is the quintessential Disney meal. It personifies all things Disney. We are in the MK, with characters, eating great food on vacation. :mickey3: :minnie:

lightyearfan
02-06-2008, 10:16 AM
wow this is tough because me and dw love Ohana's and Le Cellier, but if we had to choose just 1, the slight edge would goto Ohana's, the food is soooo good we love the wings and the atmosphere, the grilled meats, and the service is very good, 1 of the best for a WDW resturant. that's not saying that Le Cellier doesn't offer all the above with the exception of the wings, there is more to offer at Ohana's. don't fret though Le Cellier as will be going there again in June as well, so i guess the best of both worlds huh?

Victor

GrmGrninGost
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I love many of the restaurants at WDW, but the one we ALWAYS book is Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner! May be it doesn't have the very best food at WDW, but there is something there that always draws us back! I think it's a combination of the setting, the characters, the staff and the food! Whatever it is, we sure do enjoy it! :mickey: