PDA

View Full Version : Long Walk from Grandstand to Downtown Disney?

ramftbl
02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Does anyone recall how long the walk would be from the Grandstand area of Saratoga to Downtown Disney?
It looks long on the resort map, maybe the boat is a better option ? Thanks to all who respond !!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
We walked from our room in Grandstand over to DTD and it was quite a hike, but do able. We took the boat back. We do have three kids so that made the walk seem longer.

Now, I have to check this out before our next trip to SSR in December but, I think there is a bridge close to the Grandstand area that you walk over to the West side of DTD. I know there is a bridge, we just never found it...lol.

Anyone else have any info on that?:confused:

sloslo
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
We stayed in the SSR in December and we were also in the Granstand section! It's a hike to DTD. We always took the boat launch to DTD and it was fun and takes only 10 minutes. It's right off the lobby. Take the hallway next to the Artist's Palette. It leaves every 30 minutes up to 3:00 PM, I believe and every 15 minutes after 4:00 PM.

AHOTE
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I always request to stay in Congress Park and so far that request has been honored. We're exactly opposite the Cirque du Solei on the water so it's only a short walk along the waterfront to the bridge into DTD west side. From looking at the resort map you'd have quite a walk even to get to Congress Park from Grandstand.