PDA

View Full Version : Squirrels!

disneydeb
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Squirrels have set up housekeeping in my attic! How do I get rid of them?

Jeff G
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
There are a couple options, I had a friend who had squirrels in the attic. He put a live trap out and was bale to catch them and then he drove to the country and released them.

The other option is to hire a pest control service to do this for you.

Either way make sure you find the hole they are entering in and get it patched up.

Strmchsr
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
:ditto:

But you definitely need to do something quick. Squirrels have been known to cause all sorts of problems (including fires) by chewing on electrical wiring and other things in the attic.

LauraF
02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I had the little critters get in when the roof got redone two summers ago. After my cats took care of few that made it into the living area (eek!) I got the live traps, baited them with peanut butter and had my landlord come by and empty the traps. It took about two weeks to get them all.

Scar
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
How are they getting in and out? Do you have tree branches close to, or touching your house? If so, cut them down.

SBETigg
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Don't patch the place they are getting in until you're sure they're all out. If you patch with some still inside, they will cause even more damage with trying to find a new way out. Best wishes with it.