PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel questions.

nmbullrdr
02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Is there a place at the DLH to buy refillable mugs?

Do you get Early Entry or Toontown Morning Madness when staying at DLH?

Can you use the Paradise Pier pool if guests at DLH?

Is the one and only monorail up and running this weekend?

Which is the best transportation from John Wayne Airport (SNA) to DLH? Taxi, Resort Bus, Primetime Shuttle, or SuperShuttle?

Thanks!

NotaGeek
02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
The DLH does not have refillable mugs, at this time only the GC has them.

As a guest of the DLR you do get early entry/ToonTown Madness access.

I am not sure about the pool, but this question always pops up ... you can call the DLH directly and get a for sure answer, but please post and let us know the answer.

From everything I have read there is only 1 monorail until the new Monorail is fixed and it's on the track, which won't be anytime soon.

The fastest transportation is taxi. It's always the most expensive. Shuttle is usually painless, but I would suggest Prime Time Shuttle (http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/) over Super Shuttle, they are less expensive and you make a reservation and they are actually there waiting for you! I have never used the Disneyland Resort Express (http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm), but have heard nothing but good things about it, and have several friends that have used it and it they loved it.

jedimick08
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
First off, Notageek, I am not blaming you for the following. I appreciate your advice since I was looking for an inexpensive way to get to my hotel....

I would just like to follow up with my experience with Primetime Shuttle because I think there people should benefit from more than one opinion.

I was just in Disneyland this past Sunday and I booked Primetime Shuttle to be there for me at the airport when I landed. (Sunday morning at 11:00am) My flight was on time, however when I arrived at the shuttle location the last one to Anaheim was full. I had to wait approximately 40 minutes for another shuttle to be "assigned" the destination of Anaheim and make it's way around all the terminals until it got to mine. (Plus, as I was waiting for my shuttle at the airport I saw a Disneyland bus go by with about 5 people on it.)

Once I was picked up we proceeded to make TWO MORE PASSES through each terminal. I'm guessing they cannot leave the airport with just one passenger. Once there were 4 of us we finally headed for Anaheim.

Even though I was the first one on the shuttle, I was not the first one to be let off. The driver enters in all the locations where the passengers are headed into the gps and it tells him where to go first.

So from the time I landed until the time I arrived at my hotel it was about 2 1/2 hours.

I just didn't want people to get the idea that this shuttle is there waiting for you. Because it isn't. And you may have to wait quite a while to get where you are going.

Next time I will definitely be trying the Disneyland shuttle.

Carol
03-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Next time I will definitely be trying the Disneyland shuttle.I've used the Disneyland Express bus service twice and will be using it again next month.

NotaGeek
03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
First off, Notageek, I am not blaming you for the following. I appreciate your advice since I was looking for an inexpensive way to get to my hotel....

I would just like to follow up with my experience with Primetime Shuttle because I think there people should benefit from more than one opinion.

I was just in Disneyland this past Sunday and I booked Primetime Shuttle to be there for me at the airport when I landed. (Sunday morning at 11:00am) My flight was on time, however when I arrived at the shuttle location the last one to Anaheim was full. I had to wait approximately 40 minutes for another shuttle to be "assigned" the destination of Anaheim and make it's way around all the terminals until it got to mine. (Plus, as I was waiting for my shuttle at the airport I saw a Disneyland bus go by with about 5 people on it.)

Once I was picked up we proceeded to make TWO MORE PASSES through each terminal. I'm guessing they cannot leave the airport with just one passenger. Once there were 4 of us we finally headed for Anaheim.

Even though I was the first one on the shuttle, I was not the first one to be let off. The driver enters in all the locations where the passengers are headed into the gps and it tells him where to go first.

So from the time I landed until the time I arrived at my hotel it was about 2 1/2 hours.

I just didn't want people to get the idea that this shuttle is there waiting for you. Because it isn't. And you may have to wait quite a while to get where you are going.

Next time I will definitely be trying the Disneyland shuttle.

Wow, looks like Primetime Shuttle has really changed! Don't worry, I don't take offense ... I don't own PrimeTime Shuttle and my my past experience was the only opinion I had to offer, and from what you describe PrimeTime has either really changed or it was a really busy and horrible day for shuttle service.

Sorry you had that experience, but for the record, ALL shuttles wait and try to fill up before delivering people, and although in my past experience PrimeTime was waiting for me at the airport and there was no one else on the van, I never alluded that it was a private sedan service (which is about $75) ... taxi would have been $30 each way, but for 2.5 hours of waiting around, it might have been money well spent, but there was no way to know that PrimeTime was going to be such a disaster :(

BronxTigger
03-09-2008, 02:19 PM
My mom emailed Candy Cane Inn and they recommend Super Shuttle. However, I have had 2 horrible experiences with them in NYC. I realize they have different managers in different cities.

So, how is Super Shuttle in LA (LAX to Candy Cane)? Is it better than the Disneyland Express? (Does the Disneyland bus GO to Candy Cane?)

Thanks

NotaGeek
03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
My mom emailed Candy Cane Inn and they recommend Super Shuttle. However, I have had 2 horrible experiences with them in NYC. I realize they have different managers in different cities.

So, how is Super Shuttle in LA (LAX to Candy Cane)? Is it better than the Disneyland Express? (Does the Disneyland bus GO to Candy Cane?)

Thanks

I had the WORST experience with Super Shuttle and that's what sent me to PrimeTime ... the hotel probably gets a kick-back from Super Shuttle ... or the person working at the desk is just used to suggesting them. I have heard nothing but good things about the Disneyland Shuttle run by Gray Line Tours ... I am going to try them next time I am at the DLR.

Melanie
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
One trip, we waited quite a bit for Prime Time at John Wayne. In fact, they had to call someone to come get us.

Since then, I've used the Disneyland Express, and have always been pleased.

Is it better than the Disneyland Express? (Does the Disneyland bus GO to Candy Cane?)

I'm sure it does. We took it last year from LAX to a scary hotel back off behind Harbor Blvd. You just let the driver know where you are going.

nmbullrdr
03-18-2008, 03:54 PM
We decided to take a taxi van from SNA to Disneyland Hotel. The cost for 4 was $40 plus a tip, one way. Just picked it up outside of baggage claim and headed off to DLH. About a 30 minute trip, same for return, just picked up a taxi van in front of DLH and off we went.

I looked into the shuttles online, and when I went to make reservations, there was a two hour window between pick up and drop off, wow, don't want to wait that long to get to Disneyland! We did ride the bus the first time to Disneyland in 1997 and it was a pleasant experience from SNA. In 2003 we took the bus from LAX and it was not so quite good experience. I understand that the bus has changed owners and is a lot more reliable now. I would take the bus from LAX again and will probably continue to take a taxi from SNA, for a family of 4 it is the cheapest and fastest way to your hotel.

Staying at Disneyland Hotel, as a guest, you do get the early entery each day it is offered. You do not get Toontown Madness, that is only offered to guest who booked through Disney Travel Co.

You can only use your pool in your hotel, no switching. The only expection is if the pool is closed in your hotel, then you can use another pool, but not the GC pool.

The one monorail was up and running. Waits weren't too bad, except for Saturday, that was a busy day all around! Good thing the weather was nice, just hopped the monorail and went back to DLH and swam for the afternoon.

Had a wonderful time, won an extra hour in DCA on Monday night. Not a bad day for my 44th birthday.

Aisling
03-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I've been told on several trips to DLR that you CAN use the other pools at the resort. This from staff at GCH and the DLH. So, call and check, or ask at reception. I was never told only if a pool is closed... so maybe you can. I've never pool hopped, but liked knowing we had the option. :secret:

NotaGeek
03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I've been told on several trips to DLR that you CAN use the other pools at the resort. This from staff at GCH and the DLH. So, call and check, or ask at reception. I was never told only if a pool is closed... so maybe you can. I've never pool hopped, but liked knowing we had the option. :secret:

Pool hopping is not allowed outside of your hotel unless the pool at your hotel is closed ... I asked before and was told the same thing. Your room key won't work at the other pools to open the gate. (or that's what the CMs told me.)

Carol
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Does the Disneyland bus GO to Candy Cane?Yes they do. I emailed Disneyland Express last Fall with that very question and was told they do indeed make stops at the Candy Cane Inn. :)

BronxTigger
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes they do. I emailed Disneyland Express last Fall with that very question and was told they do indeed make stops at the Candy Cane Inn. :)

Thanks. So now I just have to decide if I should take the Disneyland Express or Super Shuttle from LAX to the Candy Cane (next month! 33 days!)

I'm really hesitant to use Super Shuttle after the 2 bad experiences I had with them here in NYC (driving so crazy I was almost puking (worse than typical NYC stuff), talking on TWO phones while driving, going 70 in a 35, "losing" my reservation and waiting hours for them, etc...) so I think I may try the Disneyland Express.

Melanie
03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
so I think I may try the Disneyland Express.

The Disneyland Express is so easy and cheap. Plus the busses are so pretty! :mickey:

Aisling
03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
The buses ARE so pretty! Every time I pass one on the freeway, I get a happy feeling.

Man, I'm bummed about the no pool hopping thing. I was thinking of going up over Spring Break and visiting all the pools in one day! Oh, well. Thanks for the info though. :number1: