PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning ditches Disneyland

Gator
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
After playing the whiney baby being drafted (refusing to play for San Diego or any team but NY), Eli continues to be a punk and missed his flight to Disneyland. He must hate west-coasters. Well, the feeling's mutual.

SgtTigger
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Gee maybe he would rather be with his team tomorrow in the Ticker Tape Parade they are holding for them in New York.......

Just my opinion

:cop: :tigger:

Kidsmom
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM
The news reports said that due to airport delays, he couldn't get out in time to make the parade and get back again to NYC for Letterman. He is suppose to do it later.

I still love him!!

PirateLover
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow. I'm no big fan of Eli's but that was one of the most biased posts ever. He didn't "ditch" Disneyland there were logistical problems.

mulderxcoltrane
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
After playing the whiney baby being drafted (refusing to play for San Diego or any team but NY), Eli continues to be a punk and missed his flight to Disneyland. He must hate west-coasters. Well, the feeling's mutual.

It was actually Phillip Rivers who demanded to be traded post-draft to the Chargers. Manning was fine with being in SD.

disneydeb
02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
He is a team player. He has nothing against the west coast. Don't you feel he owes something to his constituents in New York- to be in the parade?:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Goodness, why on earth does anyone owe Disney more consideration than one's teammates and fans? I wasn't aware that it was written into their NFL contracts that they are required to go to Disney the day after they win the Superbowl.....

Seems like it is an optional thing, right? More traditional than anything else.

As for me, I couldn't imagine rather being in Disneyland than being in a tickertape parade in NYC with all those adoring fans!!!!! Those fans are the ones who deserve to see him, not the folks at DL, most of whom probably couldn't care less.

Jeri
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I just saw a on TV where they say " Eli Manning you just won the Super Bowl now what are you going to do?" and he say "I'm going to Disney World."

Don't know if this means anything or not, just thought I would mention it.:confused:

DisneyDudet
02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I just saw a on TV where they say " Eli Manning you just won the Super Bowl now what are you going to do?" and he say "I'm going to Disney World."

Don't know if this means anything or not, just thought I would mention it.:confused:

We must have watched the commercial at the same time!

Strange how he said Disney World, and not land.

Hmmm:confused:

Mufasa
02-05-2008, 01:29 AM
They film 2 versions of the ad- the east coast TV markets the person chosen for the commercial usually says "i'm going to Disney World!" while on the west coast ads they'll say Disneyland- just depends on the market and which resort is closer in terms of what you'll see aired.

Disneyland officials basically were quick to try and get whoever the Super Bowl MVP would be out to the resort especially for the photo-ops associated with the just-opened in-park Disneyland Dreams Suite (the park PR/marketing folks would especially love to throw out there that the Manning clan were among the first celebrities to stay in the suite)

Manning just couldn't fit it into his schedule (can you blame him?)- at one point Disneyland even had a back-up plan to have him out at the resort pretty early this morning before the park opened to the public to get that photo-op of Eli on Main Street along with some local pop warner kids before he would have to rush out anyway to catch a flight and make it back in time for tomorrow's parade in NYC.

Well, the parade went on as scheduled with the pop warner kids on an otherwise empty looking float (who of course were bummed out) but his reps say they'll want to work to reschedule something.

I only hope it doesn't mean an appearance by Peyton too*

*Someone at a superbowl party I went to had what they thought was a great idea to take a drink everytime Peyton appeared on screen- originally meant as a joke thinking about just how many commercials he might show up in but we went along with it and I started cursing Fox for every other shot of the luxury box. (at least it wasn't take a drink with every reference to House or the Terminator TV shows)

DisneyDudet
02-05-2008, 01:37 AM
I happen to enjoy both boys. How often does it happen that brothers from different teams end up with Super Bowl rings?

If you were their mother or father, wouldn't you be proud?

Anywho, it is very interesting that Eli said World and not Land, and he was going to go to Land anyway? Hmmmmm.

Comes down to Disney making money. Wow.

2Epcot
02-05-2008, 01:43 AM
We must have watched the commercial at the same time!

Strange how he said Disney World, and not land.

Hmmm:confused:

Mufasa said the same thing I was going to say. Disney will always have the person say both Disney World and Disneyland. They will then produce two versions of the commercial to air in different parts of the country. There have been other cases where the person could not appear right away, but they always reschedule an apperance. If I'm not mistaken, this is a paid endorsement so they are obligated by contract to show up at the parks if they want to get paid for the Disney mention.

Ian
02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
It was actually Phillip Rivers who demanded to be traded post-draft to the Chargers. Manning was fine with being in SD.Uh ... that's completely wrong. It was Eli Manning who was drafted by SD and he refused to play there.

The Giants drafted Rivers basically for SD and then worked out the trade.

That was all Eli.

JPL
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Does anyone realize the fallout Eli would face if he missed theparade to be in Disneyland :eek:

I'm sure a solution will be worked out and all interested parties will be happy.

LauraleeH
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I happen to enjoy both boys. How often does it happen that brothers from different teams end up with Super Bowl rings?

I like them, too. And yes, that is rare and special, especially winning one year apart!

I'm not offended that Eli Manning was too busy after winning a Super Bowl to stop by Disneyland first...

kaerbear178
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
They film 2 versions of the ad- the east coast TV markets the person chosen for the commercial usually says "i'm going to Disney World!" while on the west coast ads they'll say Disneyland- just depends on the market and which resort is closer in terms of what you'll see aired.

They commercial that aired in San Diego said Disney World, I commented about it to my DH.

2Epcot
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
They commercial that aired in San Diego said Disney World, I commented about it to my DH.

If the ad you were watching appeared in a primetime show, it may be a national spot which may say Disney World. If it is a local or regional spot it could say Disneyland. So it would be possible to see a Disney World spot even on the west coast.

Scar
02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Uh ... that's completely wrong. It was Eli Manning who was drafted by SD and he refused to play there.

The Giants drafted Rivers basically for SD and then worked out the trade.

That was all Eli.
Ian is correct.

Ian,

Just out of curiosity, I can remember some pretty emotional posts a couple of years ago by you calling the entire Manning family losers. Can you tell us what your opinion of them is now?

Mackflava99
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Eli had a good game and has erased the famous comment " The Giants got the Zeppo Marx of the manning family"

BUT he eventually needs to go to Disneyland- and he should. But i do understand having to be with his teammates. Disney should come next.

Actually David Tyree needed to be MVP-

Eli showed up in the biggest stage, and this is coming from a Jet fan's perspective. I hate the Giants, but hate the Patriots worse !!!!

JerseyMouse
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Welcome to Intercot, Mr. Belichick!!

mulderxcoltrane
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Ian is correct.

Ian,

Just out of curiosity, I can remember some pretty emotional posts a couple of years ago by you calling the entire Manning family losers. Can you tell us what your opinion of them is now?

My mistake....guess NY got the better end of that deal so far. They have a championship and SD has Ryan Leaf...I mean Philip RIvers.

Suz36
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
We will be in WDW the week of Feb.1,2009, which is the Super Bowl in Tampa. What is the usual appearance schedule? Is it the next day? Are they in the parade at MK?

d_m_n_n
02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Welcome to Intercot, Mr. Belichick!!

That is absolutely funny! Thank you for getting my morning off on the right foot. :funny:

As to the OP. Eli had the choice of a ticker-tape parade celebrating his first SB win with his teammates and ecstatic fans, or missing it to be at Disney with a few of the "feelings-mutual" west coast fans and people who may not care about football. I'm sure they would like to see him, but how many were really planning a day and Disney JUST to see Eli? Honestly, as much as I love everything Disney, it wouldn't take me a second to make the decision. I would have skipped it as well.

Look, Disney is opened 365 days a year. I'm sure he will make it back. Cut the guy some slack. :rolleyes:

Ian
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, I can remember some pretty emotional posts a couple of years ago by you calling the entire Manning family losers. Can you tell us what your opinion of them is now?Still not a big fan, especially of Eli. I mean let's not get carried away with this whole thing ... there are some dreck QB's who have Super Bowl rings. This doesn't mean Eli is now the second coming of Joe Montana. He could just as easily be the second coming of Trent Dilfer.

He needs to show consistency over a prolonged period of time before I'll change my opinion that he's anything other than a mediocre quarterback. David Tyree saved his bacon on that one play ... he was closer to being Super Bowl goat than he was to MVP until Tyree made that circus catch.

Jeff G
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I can't stand Eli but the original point of this thread is over the top. What would be the big deal if he does to Disney after theticker tape parade?

Eli being the MVP is a different story. He did just enough on a dumded down offense to win the game. The Giants defense was the hero of the game by only allowing the Pat's 14 points. Eli is no Tom Brady or Peyton. The final touchdown pass was a well designed play, NE committed to man coverage so NY lined up three receivers to the week side and put Plax on the strong side one on one. That left a lot of space for a corner, with no help over the top, to cover on one of the leagues best receivers. Eli made the pass but I think almost any QB could have. A few of the other key stretch passes were luck.

My dislike of Eli also comes from the draft where he refused to play for SD. THe beauty of the NFL is all teams get an equal shot at players which keeps the league balanced. Since I'm a Packer fan we need to keep it this way, players forcing teams hands because they want to play in a different market could kill the Pack.

Ian
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
My dislike of Eli also comes from the draft where he refused to play for SD. THe beauty of the NFL is all teams get an equal shot at players which keeps the league balanced. Since I'm a Packer fan we need to keep it this way, players forcing teams hands because they want to play in a different market could kill the Pack.Couldn't agree more ... I blame the NFL as much as Eli, though, because they never should have let him get away with it.

NFL policy should be, with no exceptions, you go to the team that drafted you. Period. If not, you can go play in that other professional football league where you'll be able to make millions for playing a game.

Oh wait, there isn't one.

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I can't stand Eli but the original point of this thread is over the top. What would be the big deal if he does to Disney after theticker tape parade?

Eli being the MVP is a different story. He did just enough on a dumded down offense to win the game. The Giants defense was the hero of the game by only allowing the Pat's 14 points. Eli is no Tom Brady or Peyton. The final touchdown pass was a well designed play, NE committed to man coverage so NY lined up three receivers to the week side and put Plax on the strong side one on one. That left a lot of space for a corner, with no help over the top, to cover on one of the leagues best receivers. Eli made the pass but I think almost any QB could have. A few of the other key stretch passes were luck.

My dislike of Eli also comes from the draft where he refused to play for SD. THe beauty of the NFL is all teams get an equal shot at players which keeps the league balanced. Since I'm a Packer fan we need to keep it this way, players forcing teams hands because they want to play in a different market could kill the Pack.

That dumbed down offense won the championship, didn't it??? That is all that matters... CHAMPS!!!!! And do you also hate John Elway??? Because, in case you all forgot, Elway did the same thing to the Colts... So, hate Eli AND Elway...

Marker
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Like them or not, the NY Giants, Eli Manning included were able to successfully do something that the other 31 NFL teams wanted to do this year but failed, make it to the Super Bowl and WIN. KUDOS to them, for accomplishing this difficult task.

In my opinion, a bit of good sportsmanship would allow them a moment before feeling the need to tear them apart. Give them their props, let them have there moment in the sun.

IloveDisney71
02-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I like them, too. And yes, that is rare and special, especially winning one year apart!

I'm not offended that Eli Manning was too busy after winning a Super Bowl to stop by Disneyland first...

Ditto. I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!

disneydeb
02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Like them or not, the NY Giants, Eli Manning included were able to successfully do something that the other 31 NFL teams wanted to do this year but failed, make it to the Super Bowl and WIN. KUDOS to them, for accomplishing this difficult task.

In my opinion, a bit of good sportsmanship would allow them a moment before feeling the need to tear them apart. Give them their props, let them have there moment in the sun.

I agree!

Jeff G
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
That dumbed down offense won the championship, didn't it??? That is all that matters... CHAMPS!!!!! And do you also hate John Elway??? Because, in case you all forgot, Elway did the same thing to the Colts... So, hate Eli AND Elway...

Never was an Elway fan either for the same reason. For that matter I can't stand any of the players who force a trade. My favorite team is in the smallest market and would the most hard hit if players were able to force teams hands. Profit sharing and an equal draft is in part what makes the NFL great.

As for the game, it was one of the best Super Bowls I've ever watched and the Giants were the better team deserving the win. My main point was Eli shouldn't have been the MVP. The defense won that game, I would have given the MVP to a defensive player.

Ian
02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
The defense won that game, I would have given the MVP to a defensive player.Any reasonable person would have, but the NFL has been waiting for three years to crown Eli as the second coming.

If the G'ints won that game there was no way on EARTH Eli wasn't going to be MVP. The "back-to-back brothers win Super Bowl MVP award" story was waaaaaaaaaaaay too juicy for them to pass up.

disneydeb
02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
If the G'ints won that game there was no way on EARTH Eli wasn't going to be MVP. The "back-to-back brothers win Super Bowl MVP award" story was waaaaaaaaaaaay too juicy for them to pass up.

I LOVE that story!:D

pjbs35a
02-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats to the Giants and the Manning Clan.

Here is a little perspective from the State of Louisiana (The Manning boys home state).

I have met Archie at several social events over the years and he is really a nice guy. As you guys know he played the majority of his pro career with the Saints. The people of Louisiana adopted Archie as their own, even though he played college ball at the arch-rival of LSU, Ole Miss. They filled the Super Dome and crowned him King of Louisiana. Fast forward a few years. The Manning boys all attend high school in New Orleans and they become the Princes of Louisiana. Good kids and good football players. Archie is asked where he thinks his boys will attend college. Archie's response was they would play anywhere but LSU. They would not set foot on campus even for a recruiting visit. So Peyton attended Tennessee and Eli, Ole Miss (So eventually they had to step on the LSU campus to play AGAINST LSU). Archie and the Manning's lost a bunch of loyal fan support especially from the folks in Baton Rouge. No one would have faulted the Manning boys (wherever they had played in college) if Archie had just kept his mouth shut. And till this day, Archie still makes a living off the backs of the Saints fans. He does color commentary for the Saints games. And they all whine when they don't get their way. But that's just my humble opinion.

Jeff G
02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Any reasonable person would have, but the NFL has been waiting for three years to crown Eli as the second coming.

It was such a great story:cloud9:.

DizneyFreak2002
02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Never was an Elway fan either for the same reason. For that matter I can't stand any of the players who force a trade. My favorite team is in the smallest market and would the most hard hit if players were able to force teams hands. Profit sharing and an equal draft is in part what makes the NFL great.

As for the game, it was one of the best Super Bowls I've ever watched and the Giants were the better team deserving the win. My main point was Eli shouldn't have been the MVP. The defense won that game, I would have given the MVP to a defensive player.

At least you are being fair to both players then... I will agree with you, however, that players should not be allowed to force a trade to a team they rather play with.... But, such is the life of a spoiled millionaire....

Marker
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
But, such is the life of a spoiled millionaire....

Which millionaires are you referring to? The team owners? The networks? I'm thinking most players, at the time they're drafted are not millionaires, but the team owners sure are.

Not totally sure why it should be wrong for someone to look out for themselves, their desires, and their careers. I guess they could just shut-up and do what they are told, regardless of what it means to their career, but that doesn't seem like the wisest thing to do.

Gator
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Hey, let me hate on him. He dumped my side of the States to go play for NY. I'm sure Archie's a nice guy, I'm sure they're all nice guys. But he ditched us again. Tom Brady didn't. I was at WDW in 04 when he was there and my friend was at DL in 04 when he swung through. Eli can't say the same...can he?

As far as great stories go, two brothers winning MVP is OK. But a team going 19-0, that would have been better. It doesn't help that Eli was the winner of that story-struggle. Did I mention I dont' like him?