PDA

View Full Version : Disney World College Program

Dreamer14
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Guys,

I am very interested in attending the Disney World College Program in the Fall. The presentations are next week and I had a few questions out there for any reps or former attendees.

1. As far as the presentation next week, do I have to bring anything?

2. Do I get interviewed immediately following the presentation?

Thanks

J9
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I am very interested in attending the Disney World College Program in the Fall. The presentations are next week and I had a few questions out there for any reps or former attendees.

Hi! I'm a Campus Rep at Temple University in Philadelphia so I'll be glad to help you out!!

1. As far as the presentation next week, do I have to bring anything?

You should try and fill out your application on the computer ahead of time. Make sure you bring a printout of your completed application otherwise the recruiter will have you fill out another one.

Once you get to the presentation they'll hand out some other forms, mainly describing the roles. They'll ask you to check off which roles you would accept so it wouldn't hurt to do some research on them ahead of time. If there's a role you know you wouldn't accept, don't check it off! The easiest way to get an offer though is to check off all of the following: Quick Service Food, Custodial, Merchandise, Operations or Lifeguarding.

Also, it's not required that you bring a resume, but if you have one definitely bring it! The recruiter will add it to your application and it could help set you apart from the pack!

2. Do I get interviewed immediately following the presentation?

They've gone to almost exclusively phone interviews now. The recruiter will check to make sure everything is in order, and then will let you use his/her phone to talk to the main office to schedule a phone interview sometime during the next few days.

Sometimes they will do interviews right then and there though. I'm not sure how other recruiters work it, but ours will do live interviews that night if there are less than 10 people signing up for interviews. (Temple's a big school so that hardly ever happens - but it all depends on the presentation school!) Once in a blue moon he'll interview someone from a visiting school, but for the most part everyone just does phone interviews.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions just ask! I've been a campus rep for 8 semesters now so I should be able to answer most of your questions!!!

Lots of luck and pixie dust!!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-04-2008, 10:45 PM
The only thing I brought with me to my interview was a copy of my application, resume and myself. Professional dress should be strongly recommended if they do location interviews there (which they did for me when I went to my presentation and the group was definately more than 10).

I didn't need my resume, but I always take one with me whereever I go these days. You never know what might come your way (especially at a hospitality management school).

Good luck!

Also, I would check out similar threads about the pros and cons of the CP just so there aren't any surprises.

Dreamer14
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I have my phone interview tomorrow!!!!

joanna71985
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I have my phone interview tomorrow!!!!

Good luck! I hope it went well.:)