PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest & Rock'n Roll Roller Coaster !

GINNY69
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello, I was just wondering what your opinions were I love to ride Expedition Everet in fact I think it is probably my favorite ride and I never rode Rock'n Roll Roller Coaster honestly I think I chickened out. I really want to try this ride could you tell me which ride is more tense to ride.. Just curious on people's thougths... thanks to much

playdead88
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
by far RnR is much more intense - we are rollercoaster fans and i have to say i was a bit let down by EE not that i didn't like it it just wasn't thrill ride enough for us - hope that helped! :mickey:

Jenemmy
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, I'm gonna really confuse you. I love both rides. On our last trip, we went to the Studios on our first day....RNRC was a thrill as usual. A few days later, we did Everest back to back trips and loved it. Then, went back to the studios for more RNRC and I really thought RNRC seemed tamer after riding Everest.

What I can tell you is that once you actually take off in RNRC (Push your head back on the head rest or it will happen for you!!!) the ride is really pretty smooth. I have never felt jerked around or beat up after riding it.

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I love both rides. However, they each give their own "WOW factor" feeling. When I ride RnRC, it's a lot of corkscrews and loud music (not complaining, I love it) and no real tummy feelings. When I ride E:E, I get this feeling in my tummy on the backwards part that makes me quiver (in a good way). I hope you have the courage to try both!!

biodtl
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I think RnR is more intense - it's faster (or seems that way), it's in the dark and it's loud, though it doesn't have any big drops.

I have never felt jerked around or beat up after riding it.

I have heard a lot of people saying that, but I thought it was very jerky. I was in the 2nd to last row, though and that may be why.

Still, it's not as intense as many thrill rides at non WDW parks.

Speedy1998
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
EE is more intense unless you have never done a loop before. Once you ride a looping coaster you realize the loops are really not a big deal.

As a coaster junkie I find anything with a big drop way more exciting than something with loops.

Polynesian Dweller
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd say RNR is more intense because once you are launched it just goes full out until the ride ends. On EE there are pauses while the track resets so you can go backwards and then forwards again. But the backwards is intense in its own way. If you have done EE you can do RNR and vice versa IMHO.

disneymom15
02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
The backwards portion of EE is the most intense for me. I like the ride, but I can't do it back to back(makes me feel yucky). I absolutely love RnR. Favorite ride in all the parks. My favorite place to sit is in the very first car, it lifts me right off my seat. Try it, it's awsome.

IloveDisney71
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I'd say RNRC is more intense just because of the launch. After the fast acceleration the rest of the ride is not as intense. I've ridden both RNRC and EE several times. The only part of EE that I consider intense is the backwards part and the big drop that you can view from the front of the ride.
RNRC is my favorite ride at Disney! I'd give it a try. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
RRC is great......there is no slow ascent to the top ....it's just BAM !!!! and your off......it's great and I'm not really a roller coaster fan..:mickey:

02-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I rode EE just once and wasn't that thrilled with it. On the other hand, I have ridden RnRC several times and I love this coaster. A nice smooth ride but like Jenemmy stated, keep your head back on the headrest and enjoy the ride.