PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a big DOPE?

ckaranassos
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
My DD & DS take iceskating lessons on Saturdays with my nieces and nephew as well as my cousins 3 kids. So after the lesson my whole family (DH, sis,BiL, cousins, etc)decides to skate during free skate. Well I skated great, until my last lap. I caught my toe on the ice and went down like a ton of bricks. :( Luckily no one in my family saw me, I say this because I ended up sliding on the ice on my stomach like superman. :D Four hours later I was in the ER.(first time in 39 years) I severely sprained my wrist and broke 2 fingers. Apparently I broke my fall with my hand (right hand, yup I'm a righty) Now I sit here typing with one hand, with crazy hair because I can't hold a brush and a blowdryer at the same time. YIKES Thanks for letting me complain!

DisFan01
02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, I'm really sorry. Ice skating to have fun and ending up in the ER must be a bummer. I hope your hand (and hair) get better soon! ;)

DisneyFreak23
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
sorry to hear about your fall. Ice skating can be fun, but also quite risky. I know ive fallen once or twice and i have had large bruises to prove it :blush:
i hope you get better and as for your hair.. Im sending some pixie dust :tink:, because i know i would just have a fit if i couldnt hold the blow dryer, and brush at the same time.

SBETigg
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Ouch, so sorry! :pixie: to get well soon.

Stan
02-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hope you mend quickly. :)

I put heelies on my Christmas list, and my family as a group decided no one would get them for me. :( Like, what's the worst that could happen? :confused: Do they have no faith in my athletic abilities and coordination? :blush:

ckaranassos
02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
My husband is still calling me a world class athelete!!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
So sorry to hear about your injuries! And of COURSE it had to be your dominant hand!! LOL

Hope you heal quickly.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
:pixie: on the way!

Just to make you feel a little better, last year, I caught the heel of my shoe in my pants leg and fell down about 8 stairs and landed primarily on my face. Fortunately, I didn't break anything, but I ended up getting a tetanus shot because I had several scrapes from the concrete. So, if you put me on a pair of ice skates, there's no telling how badly I'd hurt myself. :crazy:

mrsgaribaldi
02-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Luckily no one in my family saw me, I say this because I ended up sliding on the ice on my stomach like superman. :D Four hours later I was in the ER.(first time in 39 years) I severely sprained my wrist and broke 2 fingers. Apparently I broke my fall with my hand (right hand, yup I'm a righty) Now I sit here typing with one hand, with crazy hair because I can't hold a brush and a blowdryer at the same time. YIKES Thanks for letting me complain!

I think it takes alot of courage to go out there and skate. You are still young, that's what you should remember. I hope you're feeling better real soon.

I put heelies on my Christmas list, and my family as a group decided no one would get them for me. :( Like, what's the worst that could happen? :confused: Do they have no faith in my athletic abilities and coordination? :blush:

Oh Stan, I burst out laughing from this. I think you have a wise family. ;)

tinkerbell04
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
My daughter takes ice skating lessons also and there is no way I would have enough guts to get out there and attempt to skate! I give you alot of credit, and I am sending some :pixie: for a speedy recovery. Good luck!!!

kakn7294
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, how terrible! I hope your hand and your hair recover quickly! Look on the bright side, you now have a great opportunity to learn to use your left hand for everything.

murphy1
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh, no! Hope you heal quickly! I went roller skating a couple years ago (I'm 40) and was doing great and went to get off the rink and fell on my butt b/c this lady wouldn't let me off, she was blocking the way off!

:-o:mad: