PDA

View Full Version : ecv question

disneymom15
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
For those of you who have rented an ecv, which way would you recommend? Do you rent one from the parks or do you rent it from the scooter place(sorry, don't know the name of company) and have it delivered to your resort?
My mom may be coming with me in Aug and needs one to get around. She can walk short distances, but with arthritis, 4 hip surgeries, and 3 slipped discs in her back I think she would be more comfortable on an ecv.

korkelsmom
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Well my Dad is going with us in 12 days and he has very bad gout and arthritis....it's my parents first time at Disney. We are staying off site becouse we have 10 people going with us and I really did my research on an ecv for him. I went with Scootarama, it was recommended on another site; their prices are better than in the parks and the scooters are really nice. They will drop it off at your resort and pick it up when you leave. They are charging us a little more $40 for delivery to a villa but I think delivery to the resort is free. I haven't seen the scooter yet but so far so good. I like it becouse I know it will be charged completely every night and I know that he will have one. At the park you can't be guaranteed either of those.

AuntDJ
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
My vote is to rent one to have delivered to your hotel. We used Walker Mobilty and had no issues, it was there when we checked in and left with bell servies when we left.

My main reason for the hotel vote is the distance between bus stops and rooms or bus stops and actual park entrances can be VERY far.

My mom was needing a knee replacement the first time we went and it wore her out just walking from the bus to the entry of animal kingdom.

DJ

biodtl
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
It depends on how mobile she is, but I'd vote for rent from an outside vendor. We didn't last time because we didn't think DH would need it - it's just long periods of standing that do him in. However, one day when we went to the park at lunchtime, they were out and he ended up having to head back to the hotel early because he was in so much pain.

Also - after a long day, the trip to the bus and across the resort can seem endless.

mickeefan
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
We rent two on every one of our trips. It is so much better having them all the time. You never have to worry about the park being out of them and the walks around the resorts can be lengthy and very tiresome.

LCPZA
02-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Rent one. Disney is $40 a day. I had someone with me who rented one at DIsney 2 weeks ago and the one day it broke down 2 hours after we got it and had to wait 30 minutes for a new one.

scootch713
02-05-2008, 07:58 AM
We used Walker(outside rental). They delivered it early and I was able to extend a day by calling at the last minute. Would use them again.

mickeefan
02-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks elenitab for the comments on the ECV's. I have been watching, but it seemed this thread did not get much attention.
We have been renting from another source and I wanted to change, but a little hesitant since I will be spending over $600 this year.
Your recommendation is very helpful. I have corresponded with them and they have been very prompt.

MsMin
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry I was out of town but :twocents: I do agree that an outside rental is best all the way around. WE rented from scootarama and the equipment was just too light for my dad and he flipped it twice (it was the size recommended for his weight). So I agree w/ Ellen that equipment is an important factor and worth it. I don't think they were a sponsor when we went:blush:. It's such a hassle to run to the park for a rental since they run out early. :thumbsup:

MsMin
02-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Years ago we went with a w/c or used one when they were out of EVC's but it is SO worth it to have the power chair/scooter. Sometimes your hands are full, there's an incline or several It's just easier for the group and gives the person in the chair more mobility. I strongly recommend it for extended use.