PDA

View Full Version : Appetizers for ages 3-9 ???

disnygrl08
02-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I just received our info on the DPD (we booked through AAA and are going mid-June).
This is what is has listed under table service:
Your table service meal includes one single serving:
* Appetizer (Guest ages 3-9 only)
*Entree
*Dessert
*Non alcoholic beverage

I thought the new dining plans got rid of the appetizers, and why would they let the kids order them, that's a lot of food!

This is the first I heard of this so if anyone has any insight, it would be apprecited!

TBY2225
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I am not sure of the offical rules, but I did see lots of kids with celery and carrot sticks or cheese soup at Le Cellier when I was there a few weeks ago.

chelleincarolina
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Kids appetizers are mostly carrots & celery sticks, not an appetizer if you ask my DS.

disnygrl08
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Kids appetizers are mostly carrots & celery sticks, not an appetizer if you ask my DS.

Oh, that's no fun LOL!

gardenia
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
The appetizer is limited to what's on the regular kid's menu - raw veggies, salad, or soup, in tiny portions.

ldc12377
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm glad to see that the appetizers for the kid's menu is still included. I was concerned about that myself. There isn't much food with the kid's meals but without the appetizer, the meal would not be worth much.
The appetizers for the kids really are appetizers. They are more like sides. Some choices we saw were soup, salad, or veggies and dip.
Also another note on the subject, The restaurants offer complete meals for the kids or a meal where they pick one item from each group. Those are the only meals where the appetizers are offered. The complete meals are suppose to already have all the courses on one plate.