PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on packing

Mandalorian30
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello,

My gf and I will be traveling from Illinois this May to visit DLR. We were both wondering how we should pack, considering we're probably going to be bringing quite a bit back from DLR. We're worried we won't have enough room to bring things back on the plane. Any suggestions on this matter?

PS- I'm new to flying! And a bit nervous about it, too. Heh...

mook3y
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
bring an empty dufflebag to bring items back as carry on luggage.

You can always have items shipped home.

As far as flying...

a couple :marg: can help take the edge off. :D

Aisling
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Pack for anything. It could be hot, it could be cold. It might rain, it might be dreary, it might be scorching sun. And don't necessarily believe what you read on Weather.com. They are often wrong.;)
Sunblock and layers.
And the duffel bag is a great idea.

mook3y
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry, completely missed that you were also looking on what to pack.

While I live in NE now, I grew up in So Cal.

Aisling has it right. Be ready for a variety of weather. Dressing in layers is your best bet.

Mandalorian30
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the help, guys! And empty duffel bag is a good idea. I'm sure we're going to buy a whole lot of stuff while in Cali. I was really worried about not being able to bring it all back.

BrerGnat
02-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello,
We're worried we won't have enough room to bring things back on the plane. Any suggestions on this matter?

You can have stuff shipped home if bought at DLR. you will be given that option at the register, if you want. As a plus, you won't have to pay sales tax on the items if you ship them directly home, but you do have to pay for shipping.