PDA

View Full Version : funny sound in woods near EE!?!?

mousetrapper
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
OK, this is a strange post, but I've been meaning to ask everyone this question since our trip this past Thanksgiving...

Did anyone hear the funny "OOOOHHHH.....ooooohhhh" sound effect in the woods near the woods leading up to Expedition Everest?? One night my DH, two DDs and I stood there and listened to it over and over again...for some reason, it totally cracked us up!

We figured it was supposed to be the Yeti lurking in the woods....

Leave it to Disney to add those subtle touches that many people might never even notice.

Anyone else hear it???:D

DizneyRox
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
EE is a perfect example of WDI doing things right. We all hope it's not a fluke and that type of Imagineering becomes common place once again.

SBETigg
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Actually, I believe the sound you hear there comes from the monkeys over near the Kali River Rapids queue. They get really loud and the sound carries.

jefmblrd
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sure this is not what you are asking about, but there are places in the parks where they play strange sounds to keep birds away.

DisFan01
02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I have heard these sounds at Animal Kingdom, however not at Expedition Everest. Maybe it's the Yeti from the cave in the ride (before you drop)? Or maybe Disney just is great at adding little details. :mickey:

Stu29573
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Could it be the howler monkeys? They sound pretty strange and they're loud as heck!:mickey:

Jessie
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I think a Yeti escaped. ;)

#1donaldfan
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm sure someone on here knows the real answer, but if I'm not mistaking I think it's the KRR fire. We've heard it too, or something sorta similar.....we heard the faint sound of the chain saws, plus at night we actually saw the flikering of the flames over the hill. Maybe it was actually the hissing of the gas lines that ignite the logs and flames...?????????? or maybe it's just the Yeti getting a drink in the river !!! That would be cool huh.....coming around a corner on KRR and running right into the Yeti.....funny !!!!

DrWorm2008
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Guest Relations, anyone? :D

TheRustyScupper
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
1) I am an owner/member, so I know.
2) Directly bordering AK is Orange Lake Resort & Country Club.
3) Immediately nearest AK
. . . the new water park and lazy river
. . . two championship golf courses
4) So, what you hear are the vocal utterances of
. . . Waterlogged Tourist Americanus
. . . Missed-Putt Golfer Disapppointae

WDWdriver
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
The outdoor queue at EE is very close to the ride path of Kali River Rapids. The audio track at KRR includes chain saw sounds and a variety of wild animal sounds which can often be heard over at EE. Perhaps this is what you heard.

SignguyTom
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
1) I am an owner/member, so I know.
2) Directly bordering AK is Orange Lake Resort & Country Club.
3) Immediately nearest AK
. . . the new water park and lazy river
. . . two championship golf courses
4) So, what you hear are the vocal utterances of
. . . Waterlogged Tourist Americanus
. . . Missed-Putt Golfer Disapppointae

You hear them in Phoenix too!! :D