PDA

View Full Version : % of Guests with Hoppers

MOJoe
02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I was wondering, as i was reading another thread about EMH and park hopping, just how many people hop vs. those who don't. I would wager that Disney does not release this type of info, but does anyone have an educated guess, or inside information as to the % of guests with park hopper tickets?

crazeedizneefinatic
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I wonder also. It would be interesting to know. No concrete numbers here but I know of 6 families that have gone to Disney and 5 have done the park hopping option. We always do, it just gives you more freedom and you don't get "stuck" in one park. I hope someone comes along that can estimate. I would love to know.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
This is an interesting question...I'd like to know the answer as well.

We didn't park hop on our first trip, and have every other trip...I like not having to worry if we want to eat dinner in a different park than we visited for the day.

Cinderelley
02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't know the %, but we don't hop.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
:) I'm not sure about stats, but we have never and would never go without the hopper option.

SBETigg
02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
We're hoppers, too. It's such a great option for us. I can't imagine doing one park per day.

MauiMouse
02-04-2008, 12:53 PM
When I don't have an AP, I hop. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
We always buy hoppers. Don't hop every day we're there, but it's nice to have the option.

Polynesian Dweller
02-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't know if Disney would actually reveal that info since it could impact their business but it would be very interesting.

For us, we hop so much that we couldn't imagine doing the world anyother way.

diznee_buzz
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
We always get the hoppers unless we are just driving through town and know we will only be there for a day or two. However, in September we had 5-day park hoppers and we did not use them once! I'm an AP, but we wasted $80 on DH and DS having this option. Towards the end of our trip I was trying to purposefully hop so as not to feel i wasted the $$, but DH said it was ridiculous to go out of our way on this - it was a sunk cost.

We are going again for 4 days in late Feb/early March and did not get the hoppers this time. I guess it's just harder to do with a 3yo. He gets so excited about whichever park we are currently in that we can't bear to leave and go somewhere else!

SignguyTom
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
We've always had hoppers, and always used them, though not necessarily every day of the trip. Sometimes for EMH, sometimes after dinner, especially if eating at a resort. :thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
We always get the park hopper. Our trips are 7-11 days so we always use it. Most of the times it's so that we can do the EMH. We never go to the MMH but most of the time the EMH so it comes in handy.

poeticeclipse
02-04-2008, 03:39 PM
We park hop and always have.

We're talking about cutting back on a trip and going bottom of the barrel. If we do that we won't be park hopping. Which, won't be so bad now that I think about it. If we don't have all of these ADR's all over the place then the main reason we buy hoppers would be eliminated.

We do enjoy being able to spend our time in two parks on one day. But, it's not a requirement.

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
We always hop! Even with a toddler, it's very easy. I like the idea of being at one park for most of the day, then go to another park for the evening and EMH!!

DisneyDD2
02-04-2008, 03:55 PM
The last three times we've been we haven't hopped. It saves us some money and we have plenty to do in each park. We do have to plan our meals out more carefully when we're on the DDP. But that's fun, too.

DisneyFreak23
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
For us, we hop so much that we couldn't imagine doing the world anyother way.

Ditto! I know ive done it where i start in MK, head to AK, the end with Epcot! gotta love hoppin!:cloud9::mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
We always hop! I like the idea of being at one park for most of the day, then go to another park for the evening and EMH!!

Same here.

We get APs too.

joonyer
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
our family are hard core park commandos :drill::walk: so we have always hopped. We love to hop back to MK after dinner for wishes, no matter where we've been earlier.

SAnderson70769
02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I can't imagine not Park Hopping. We love to go to a park in the morning - take a break and go back to our resort in the afternoon - then head out to a new park for dinner and more fun!

Luv Eeyore
02-04-2008, 06:50 PM
We always park hop. Can't even imagine not being able to. Only 10 more days til we get there:cloud9:

ktflisa
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Interesting question... I wonder too what percentage use the dining plan when it's not free...

We always get hoppers, but somehow this got miscommunicated on our last trip, and we didn't miss it :-) But we were only there for 3-1/2 days. Normally we are in the World at least 6...

But if we go for a short trip like that again, we may skip the hopper option.

January-2007
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I think a lot of people who have gone for a long time will get the park hopper option because it used to come standard and not be an option. That's a huge reason why we always get it... well, I guess we haven't, really.... Annual Passes and all.... But yeah, we hop. Not every day, but it's nice to be able to. If we were wanting to save money on a trip I can totally see getting base tickets, but otherwise we enjoy the freedom.

On the same subject, I wonder how many people buy the water parks and more option just because that's what's first offered to them? We would have to use a lot of options to make that pay for itself...

MomPoppins
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
The last time we were at WDW, we hopped, but it was standard then.

This time, we are *not* going to buy the hopping option, but since it is a flat $45 no matter when you add it, we are going knowing that if we suddenly decide that we want to hop somewhere else, we'll shell out the $45 per ticket to hop.

Tink#64
02-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Our last trip was our 1st trip that hopping wasn't included on the tix & we debated the option. It would have saved money not to add this on, but, we like having the flexibility. This is our one big vacation of the year & I wouldn't say we blow it out, but we definitely do as much as we can! We don't hop every day, but we do many days! We take that break in the afternoon & usually visit a different park for the evening! Maybe I have commitment issues! :blush: I don't want to have to be locked into one park for the day! ;)

DigitalDaredevil
02-05-2008, 03:01 AM
I always hop too. I get the 10 day hopper. It seems to work out best for me and hopping is just worth it. The more you go, the more refined your visits can become, and thus allowing more time to see attractions at other parks that you enjoy.

merlinmagic4
02-05-2008, 06:03 AM
We've never hopped but we also tend to do pretty short days in the parks so to take the time to leave one park and go to another is not feasible for us at this point. My kids get tired and we try not to overdo it.

Magic Smiles
02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
We always buy hoppers. Don't hop every day we're there, but it's nice to have the option.

Same here. I would hate to find myself wanting to hop and not have the hopper option.
We have even stopped by 3 parks in one day.

mouseketeer mom
02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Having the park hopper eliminates extra stress on our vacations. No need to make a firm decision. We can hop to where the wind takes us. I would never consider not having the hopper option.

BMan62
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Always get the Hopper. This gives us the opportunity to go to MMH and EMH on the same day and skip some of the time in between.

Besides, with the DDP, we get to have more flexibility in our vacation - knowing that when we are ready to go to our restaurant for our ADR (if in a park and not a resort or DTD,) we needn't have been in that park all day!

Dragongirlx
02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
We got hopper tickets the first year we went and loved it.

We didn't get them the next time and regretted it as we missed being able to leave one park to eat in another or to see a different show.

Made sure we got hopper tickets last time and this time and I guess I would always get them from now on.

wifey5794
02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
We have always had the hopper option. We have been know to do all 4 parks in one day!

But sometimes we haven't hopped at all! But knowing that we can just pop into MK after an ADR for wishes or EMH is worth the cost! We LOVE fireworks and we would go every evening to see them at either Epcot or MK.

DisFan01
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
We always get and use the Park Hopper option, mainly because you can get a lot of things done, in less time than spending one whole day at one park. :mickey:

pook@wdw
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Hopping RULES!!:number1: When we first started our magical journeys, WAAAAAYYYY back when, the only hopping we did, was to hop onto the monorail and head over to MK (the only park). We love the hopper option and it wouldn't be as fun w/o it! :thumbsup: I can only assume (hopefully correctly) that the majority of those visiting WDW use the hopper feature.

elmjimmlm
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I cant imagine not hopping...Have to hop...Cant go without the hop...:mickey:

crltkcagle
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Our last trip we bought the hoppers and never used them. this trip we opted to not get them. just to save us some money, which i can use shopping at the parks. :shop:

Catzle
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
We always hop, one park in the morning and a different at night. Last year we did three parks in one day, and that was exhausting but fun!

MissT
02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
We hop each year, hitting our favorites in all 4 parks in one day. This year, we've decided to just hop if one park gets too busy, we'll skip off to something else.

ParkMan
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
We always have and always will.

For us it's the freedom to be able to go anywhere we want.

Recently we stayed at an Epcot resort. We'd walk through the park in the morning to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. Or, we might do dinner in the World Showcase somwhere. Perhaps we just go to Epcot or the MK for fireworks.

Sure it's more expensive, but the freedom is worth it for us - it's not even an option as far as I'm concerned.