PDA

View Full Version : evening EMH at MK

PixieChick
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi,
We will be arriving at POFQ on Sunday 8/17. According to info central, Sunday is one of the busiest days for MK. We usually avoid a.m. EMH, however, MK will have evening EMH and since we have never seen Wishes I'm thinking we should go that night being that some of our favorite rides will be open. Do you think the park will be crazy crowded that night, or manageably crowded?
Does the crowd thin out?

between trying to plan around the historically busiest days, extra magic hours and adr's this vacation is giving me a headache!

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I think your crowds will be managable. We will be there the same night and the potential of EMH til 3am is going to be great. There will be very little crowds after the spectro/wishes times. Most guests are leaving, but we'll still be there!! WOOHOO

Jeff
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
We just did a MK Extra Magic Hours evening on Dec. 31st. The park was open till 4am. After midnight (the second fireworks show that evening) the crowds thined out. Then by 2am there were no crowds at all. Of course, many people probably figured they would be out late on New Years Eve so may have left for that reason.

I would still bet the last 2 hours of "your" EMH there will be very light crowds.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Typcially, after the second parade and Wishes, the crowds tend to thin out because of the little ones. Parents take the children back to the resorts and it's more or less just adults and teens there (and the occassional child).

You shouldn't have too much to worry about, nothing more than 20-30 minutes at the most.

DDuck66
02-05-2008, 09:40 AM
You might plan on an early evening arrival especially since you have not seen Wishes. A lot of the crowds do leave after the parade and then they really hit the exits after the fireworks. Make sure you are already past Main Street during the fireworks, so that you can get to some of your favorite rides without having to fight the mass exodus of guests leaving.

DANAM
02-05-2008, 10:51 AM
We drive in from New Orleans, so we always go on a Sunday because of EMH. I feel like we get the most out of out first days ticket by doing this. We never really have a problem with crowds. We generally get there around 6 or 7pm and try to make it off main street BEFORE the parade. If you want to see the parade then hit the park go to the end of main street. Main Street after or during a parade is grid lock. Horrible. As far as after the parade we rarely stood in a line. 10 min. max if any wait. I highly suggest going to MK for EMH on Sundays.

FenwayGirl
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
We did the EMH over the MLK weekend. The park was open until 2am. After the last Spectro Magic parade, the crowds were almost non-existent.

We were able to walk onto HM, POC, TM and all of Fantasy Land.

#1donaldfan
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
you'll be fine with EMH at the MK on a Sunday night......we did 'em during the summer ......our kids loved it...they were more awake and into it than we were.....15 / 12 / and 9......

krorx
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
We went on a Sunday and found the crowds large until the last parade. After that, there was little wait for the major rides.

Kairi_7378
02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
We loved EMH's at the Magic Kingdom, and I am glad that I overcame my reservation to see them due to crowds! I'd try to get there a little early and grab your bracelets, then stake out a good fireworks spot. I think that the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Tomorrowland are meant to be enjoyed at night. It's definitely a good way to start your trip!

MissT
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Enjoying MK at night is magical! Wait times are much less if any, lights are twinkling in the trees, and you can just take it all in! We love EMH at night !