PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Resort & Polynesian Resort Earn Four-Diamond Distinctions From AAA

Figment!
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
February 1, 2008

Walt Disney World Resort recently earned its fourth and fifth four-diamond distinctions from the American Automobile Association (AAA). Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Resort joined Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa with their own official four-diamond ratings for 2008. The AAA diamond rating process is considered North America's premier hotel and restaurant rating system. "Earning these awards requires a great deal of work and dedication by our resort Cast Members," said Kevin Myers, vice president of Walt Disney World Resorts. "Most importantly, it lets our Guests know that they are staying at one of our very best Disney resorts and that we take great pride in the outstanding service we provide.

BigRedDad
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Another plus for our trip in November that we just booked: 3 MK Tower Rooms. I can't wait.

baby minnie's mommy
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Yay, the Poly is our favorite! :thumbsup:

Question:
When the previous resorts got their rating, did it result in a price increase for those resorts?

poeticeclipse
02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow! Exciting news!

Well deserved! :mickey:

adoptionislove
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
37 days to Poly and for me to approve the 4 diamond award myself!!!!!!!!! LOL:thumbsup:

jpH/keD
02-15-2008, 05:33 PM
:thumbsup: Good to know! We are considering both for our next undated trip! We are going monorail friendly resorts only!!!! NO MORE BUSSES FOR US!! :mickey:

adoptionislove
02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
We will be staying at the Polynesian in March.

Yea to the 4 diamonds!

Belle619
02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
How exciting! We'll be staying at the Contemporary for part of our next trip in April!

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
That's great to hear! They are 2 of my favorite resorts! Since they did re-modeling they are superior once again! I'm surprised Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge aren't as well...they will be next!

autumn
02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know what specifically they had to do in order to get the four-diamond designation? I know they were both recently remodeled, but is it just a "fresh coat of paint" that gets them the awards? It doesn't seem like that would be it, and they've done remodels in the past without getting four diamonds. What has changed this time? Just curious. I love the Poly!!

Catzle
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
I hope since they got another diamond that their housekeeping at the Poly has improved, I've read a lot of bad reports about the Poly's housekeeping lately and would hate to go and spend all that money and not have good housekeeping.

Figment!
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know what specifically they had to do in order to get the four-diamond designation? The rating is based on a wide range of criteria.

See this chart (http://www.aaaaz.com/travel/diamond_ratings_hotel.htm)for details on how they judge each level of "diamond" distinction.

autumn
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
thanks! that link was very specific and very helpful! i feel like i have a good picture of the differences between 3- and 4-diamond. it's crazy that they take into account even the tiny things like parking lot lighting and signage design. interesting stuff!