PDA

View Full Version : First Visit to Disney!

KatieKins86
02-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Well hello! Im new around here and have so many questions for people that have already been to disney. It will be my first ever trip to Disney world Florida this year! i have never flown before so im jumping in at the deep end with a 9 hour flight from the UK! but im sure Disney will be so worth it! Me and my friend are so excited about going to Disney from the 1st-15th December this year! but we have one question! one of our friends recommended seeing "Spectromagic" she said it had to be the most amazing parade that she had ever seen! the thing is we heard it is only on special nights and were hesitating as to whether we would get to see it or not! if anybody went during the same time last year and could shed any light that would be so great! many thanks! x

DDuck66
02-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!!
Usually Spectromagic will be shown on nights when the Christmas Party is not being held. Since you will be there for 15 days, you should not have any problem catching the parade on one of the nights. I would recommend that you get tickets for MVMCP. It is a nice hard ticket event that is well worth seeing. they have a special parade, fireworks, and special dance parties and meet n greets with the characters, that are only seen at the party. The park will close to the general public and only those with tickets to the party will be allowed in.
Have fun!!!!

2Epcot
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
:welcome: KatieKins86 to Intercot!

How exciting! Ask as many questions as you like, you're at the best site to get them answered. :mickey:

KatieKins86
02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
thanks so much guys its a great help! seeing as we have never been before we intend to cram in as much as possible! im sure i will be asking plenty more questions before we go! how could we get tickets for MVMCP? as that sounds amazing! x

DDuck66
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
thanks so much guys its a great help! seeing as we have never been before we intend to cram in as much as possible! im sure i will be asking plenty more questions before we go! how could we get tickets for MVMCP? as that sounds amazing! x

You can either contact Disney directly or if you are usung a travel agent, have them check into the files. They usually do not go on sale until June or July if I remember correctly. Look on the Info Central section of Intercot and check under Holidays. I also highly recommend the Candlelight Procession at EPCOT. It is FANTASTIC!!! It is the Christmas Story from the bible narrated by various "celebs" and interspaced with holiday music.

KatieKins86
02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Thank you! i will certainly look into that! thanks once again! x

Strmchsr
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I'll be headed your way (to England) just before you're headed to the USA, so we might pass each other in the airport.

MVMCP tickets usually go on sale in early May. When they do it will be posted on the front page of Intercot immediately. The best thing you can do is read through all of Info Central as that will answer many questions (and probably raise a few others) then ask all the questions you may have. Finally, keep a check on the weather thread at the top of the vacation planning forum. Florida weather in December is extremely variable. You could get cold and rainy (which you're used to) or warm and sunny or both. Coming from overseas you'll need to know how to pack for the weather without bringing too much.

MartyS
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Intercot is a fantastic resource for getting the absolute most out of your WDW vacation. The first time I, my wife and 2 daughters went to WDW, we just showed up with absolutely no plan, I guess we just thought it was like any other amusement park. We were wrong. It's amazing to me that we went back for another try, as our first visit was somewhat disappointing. But we did go back, and we are very glad we did. With some knowledge about what we wanted to do, some basic touring strategies, and Advanced Dining Reservations made in advance, we were able to do so much more, much more easily, we had a blast. In fact, the planning of the trip can be a lot of fun, kinda like a quest. You don't need to plan every single minute (commando style), but even just deciding which park to attend, and maybe where you will want to eat ( and obtaining those ADR's) may be enough. Ask as many ??'s as you like, the folks on this site are very happy to help you plan, and there are NO stupid ??'s here. Hope y'all have a great time.

elmjimmlm
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
You must see Fantasmic...It has to be the best show offered at Disney...Also see Mickeys Philharmagic...Festival of the Lion King...Its tough to be a Bug...Well I guess every show should be seen...You will love every minute of your time...Hope you have a great time...:mickey:

KatieKins86
02-05-2008, 03:36 AM
once again thank you all for your input! its much appreciated! im even more looking forward to it now! :D bring on disney! woop :mickey:

BMan62
02-05-2008, 08:10 AM
once again thank you all for your input! its much appreciated! im even more looking forward to it now! :D bring on disney! woop :mickey:

Please make sure you spend plenty of time here on Intercot prior to your trip. Look over all the information in all the tabs and ask questions if, and when, they arise. There is a great camaraderie (sp?) among the membership of this site and what we don't know, we would be more than happy to make another trip to WDW to find out!!:D